“Extra charges when booking thru Expedia”

Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We used this hotel for an over night stay before leaving for the airport the following morning. We specifically chose this hotel so that we could leave our car there during our holiday and I called the hotel to verify that parking would be available at no extra charge. Unfortunately they failed to inform us that they charge an extra fee to leave your car there if you book the hotel thru Expedia. They did back down and waive the fee after we protested, but this should have been made clear when we called. Things like this do leave a bad impression and I will look for a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carmar245
RamadaPlazaTorAirpt, Manager at Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback and please accept our apologies for the miscommuniation regarding your parking fee.

We are pleased to let you know that the Sandman Hotel Group has purchased the property and we are now operating as the SW Hotel Toronto Airport. We are currently in the midst of many exciting changes and renovations and hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My stay was related to a 2 day special event at the hotel. Loved the free shuttle from the airport!
I was so happy with my room because it turned out to be a bedroom and living room area. Our events went well in the facilities. The only low point was the understaffed restaurant. I was thrilled to have a night view from my room of downtown Toronto's skyline and could see the CN tower.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit.

We are pleased to let you know that the Sandman Hotel Group has purchased the property. We are now operating as the SW Hotel Toronto Airport and we are currently in the midst of many exciting changes and renovations.

We hope that once our renovations and updates are completed you will visit us again.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This a great hotel for people doing business around Pearson Toronto Airport. The hotel has been in service for some time. But my room was clean and the staff was helpful. The internet connection was a Ethernet cable which was helpful because I had several large files to up-load to my supervisor. The hotel has a lot of parking.

The hotel restaurant, Larry's, closes around 9:00 PM. The beer taps were not working but they had a good selection of bottled beer. The hamburger was a little over cooked but the bartender, Ely, was very helpful.

If you do not want to eat at the hotel then they have a Kelsey's within walking distance (0.5 mile or 0.8 km).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed in for this price range. It is a suite style hotel, so you get a seperate bedroom and a living room (with a pull out bed). This is quite handy if you have a few people sharing a room. There is also a mini fridge and microwave, which is very nice.

The hotel looks fine to me from the outside, and was nice and clean on the inside. The lobby is nice and welcoming, and the elevators were fast. It is also a pretty sound proof, as I could not here people from the hallway or from other suites. Free parking is definitely a plus!

I found the staff to be pretty friendly. I asked her a few questions and she was glad to answer them. She also let me check in an hour early without any issues. Location wise, it is very close to the airport and has a shuttle service.

Also, if you have kids this place is great because it has a giant waterslide. It was actually pretty fun and we ended up going on it several times.

Great hotel for the price. It is not the Hilton or anything but you will be hard pressed to find anything better in this range.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. A pleased return guest is one of the best compliments we can receive.

We are pleased to let you know that the Sandman Hotel Group has since taken over the property. We are now operating as the SW Hotel Toronto Airport and we are currently in the midst of many exciting changes and renovations.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed July 31 2013 to Aug 4 2013

This was by far my worst stay anywhere.

The appearance of the hotel from the outside was like most have said dated
When checking in I think the person checking me in only said one word "Name" other then that she grabbed by credit card made our keys and didn't even tell us which room, she was however kind enough to write it down.

Had lots of luggage as I was travelling with two kids so when I asked about the luggage cart I was told its somewhere in the hotel...

Finally got all stuff up to room (Elevator was disgusting as there was sticky juice on the floor)
Opened the door to the noisiest air conditioner in probably the hottest hotel room I have ever been in. The air conditioner would only work for an hour then kick out.. Come next morning after showers and out the door we gave the cleaning service our dirty towels and asked that they leave us new ones (didn't get no towels) so when I went to the front desk regarding no towels we were told no problem they would be up shortly so when I called back an hour later I was told that they house cleaning was not in so they would have to find us some (which took another 45 minutes)
Our non smoking floor reeked of smoke......

That night called for a wake up call at 6:00A.M which I was told no problem sir I will write that down for you. So come 6:30 A.M the next morning when I wake up in a panic to make our appointment.....

I'm not a picky person I could have lived with the room which was fair size and not a bad layout.. I could have lived with the noisy air conditioner but the lack of any respect for the guests is what is terrible, As I was checking out a gentleman was complaining his shower head was broken and complaining about the room to which he was told I am sorry but you paid in advance online so I cannot help you.... as the other clerk was getting a call about no water in there room.

Price is good but stay away this place is awful will never stay their again even if it was free

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests and we are extremely disappointed to hear that you didn't have a pleasant stay. Please accept our apologies.

I am pleased to let you know that the Sandman Hotel Group has since taken over the property. We are now operating as the SW Hotel Toronto Airport and we are currently in the midst of many exciting changes and renovations. Your comments will definitely be taken into consideration towards our improvements with guest service.

We hope that once our renovations and updates are completed you will consider giving us another try and we would love to hear what you think at that time.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Each trip we take, we book at Ramada Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel (and Stage West Theatre) - we like its close proximity to the Airport - shuttle bus and free parking. McDonalds is right across the street, CIBC and a number of other good sit down restaurants - the rooms are large suites with separate bedrooms. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. They have continental breakfast but most of our flights are early a.m.

Room Tip: Any room that we have had has been just fine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2013

First impression, the entire hotel is disgusting and the smell is horrible. The welcome is very cold and unsmiling. The room is really old and all the furniture dates probably 70s. The size of the room is very good and there is a microwave and a refrigerator. The air conditioner is very noisy and a large piece of furniture blocking the french doors so you can only open a door on both. I ate at the restaurant and the service is similar to the rest of the hotel. The server moved us up because on one side of the wall there were traces of moisture and I will spare you the description of the smell! It took one hour for our burgers and 3/4 of people waiting for a long time went to eat at McDonalds which is 5 minutes walk and I think we should have done the same thing because our burger was not very good. We took the shuttle back to the driver and we've hardly watched and playing with his cell part of the return. On the whole I can not recommend this hotel. In my case I had no choice but to take this hotel because our convention was held there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank queendv

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and we are extremely disappointed to hear that you didn't have a pleasant stay. Please accept our apologies.

I am pleased to let you know that the Sandman Hotel Group has since taken over the property. We are now operating as the SW Hotel Toronto Airport and we are currently in the midst of many exciting changes and renovations. Your comments will definitely be taken into consideration towards our improvements.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel? Share your experiences!