“Wow, what great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Toronto Airport

Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #17 of 62 Hotels in Mississauga
Waverley, NS
“Wow, what great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Just spent Saturday night at the Comfort Inn on our way home from a week long holiday in the D.R. I was travelling with 20 other people, 2 of whom got married while we were away. I had made the reservations with the Director of Sales, Zeva Zahler, who is an absolute Star!! Unbeknownst to me, she had arranged for a stretch limo to pick up the bride and groom as well as a shuttle bus for the rest of us. The front desk staff were very welcoming (even though it was 3 am). The rooms were clean, the beds very comfortable, and morning came too early. Ziva's attention to detail was evident when the bride told us the next morning that Ziva had left a wedding gift in the room for them. Included in our rate was a full hot breakfast (not just the Continential breakfast that some hotels offer) and the limo was waiting to take the honeymoon couple back to the airport for our trip home while the rest uf us were taken by a very friendly shuttle bus driver. All in all, a great ending to a great vacation!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annblack
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank-you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel. Ziva has told me that your group was wonderful and she was happy to help out.

I hope that your vacation and the wedding was wonderful.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I just got back from taking my 85 yr old mother to stay at this Comfort Inn prior to her flight this morning. When we arrived yesterday we were greeted by the friendly staff at the front desk. They gave us a room with 2 beds instead of the one bed that was booked because I had decided to stay with her to make sure she got to the airport OK. She had injured her right arm & was having some of trouble with her mobility. When we got our stuff into the room & the car parked I realized that she was going to have a very difficult time using the regular low toilet, so off we went back to the front desk where they quickly arranged for us to have a special room with a raised toilet & pull bar. This made our stay very comfortable. Because of her mobility issues we opted to have our dinner at the Pub on site & had a wonderful meal with excellent service. In the morning Caesar the shuttle driver was so good with mom. He saved a spot up front for her & helped her get into the shuttle with the use of a stool. He also helped her down when we arrived at the airport. To make this even better I was given a voucher to use the shuttle to return to the hotel to get my car, once I had mom safely taken care of at the airport. I had expected that I might have to pay for this service or hire a cab to get back! All this made a rather stressful time for us less stressful & much more enjoyable. My Husband & I have stayed here prior to a flight too & also had very good service.On our last stay we were headed out for an Anniversary trip & when we arrived at our room we were greeted with a beautifully wrapped gift & card wishing us all the best! The staff at this Hotel are to be commended for their High quality of service. It is an older hotel, but every effort is being made to bring it up to as high a standard as possible. The only suggestion I have that would make it safer for older guests, is that the floor in the hallways is not even.. there are several spots where there are small ramp-like level changes that you can't see because the carpet disguises it. It would be much better if these spots were highlighted somehow, maybe with florescent tape, or even just a prominent sign telling guests to watch their step. We will definitely use this hotel for future stays & I would highly recommend it to anyone needing to stay overnight before their flight. The shuttle ride only takes about 5 mins & if you don't have to leave too early they serve a decent hot breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Candee B
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank-you very much for your kind words about our hotel and the service you received during your recent visits.

We work very hard to make sure that our guests are happy and comfortable. I am glad that our guest service staff was able to assist you and your mother.

I am also happy that you were able to eat at our on-site pub and that you enjoyed your visit there.

Lastly, I wanted to thank-you for your comments about the ramps in our hotel and how they might be hard to manage for some of our guests. We are installing brand new carpet in our hallways this coming week and I will make sure to make those ramps are able to be seen, so that there are no issues for our guests.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I hope that we will be able to serve you in the future.
Devon, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I guess if you work in a 5 star hotel with top level resources to work with its not difficult to motivate yourself as an employee. This hotel's staff deliver a 5 star service with more limited facilities and much credit has to be given to Ziva who sets the tone from booking to through to completing your stay.

We were delayed into Toronto and arrived late and frazzled. Reception couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The bed was the most comfortable we have slept in anywhere we can remember. Ok the room is small, the breakfast basic and the decor etc not luxurious but then neither is the price and it did everything we needed for our first stop before we headed off to N Ontario.

One word of warning which is nothing to do with the hotel. Canada is a wonderful country but please sort out your road signs. Even the locals complain. You either get nothing at all (Montreal airport!) or the only sign at the exit of the junction you want when its too late to get into the correct lane. The directions to the hotel are simple and we followed them to the letter. One hour later we were still driving round until the shuttle driver at the Westin went onto the internet and put us right.

For information the one-off usage charge for the toll road is high but it does save a lot of rush hour grief if you are heading north from the hotel.

2 Thank CJandMrsCJ
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank-you for staying with us recently. I also wanted to say I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay.

I can honestly say that our employees are one of kind and really make it a pleasure to spend each day here. We are truly blessed to have been able to find such caring staff (guest services, maintenance, drivers, and housekeeping). I will forward your comments to them and I am sure they will cherish them.

To comment on our confusing road signs, it is not the first time I have heard this from foreign guests. I find them easy to navigate, however I have been driving in this country since I was 16. Still, I can understand that they are not easy to follow for guests from different areas.

Again, thanks for staying with us and hopefully we will see you in the near future.
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night and chose it because of it's close location to the airport and we had an early flight the next morning. We also loved that it gave us free parking during our stay and free breakfast in the morning (unfortunately we didnt get to try it as we were too busy packing).

The girls at reception were all fantastic! Really helpful and friendly! We weren't sure where to have dinner and one of them printed off a map for us and marked out where the nearby restaurants were, as well as giving us some tips about the ones she thought were particularly good.
There's no elevator, but they had a large male staff member bring up our bags to our room on the second floor.

We ordered pizza from the hotel restaurant downstairs and it was basic but tasty.
There are some other restaurants very close by, and lots more if you're willing to drive.

The room itself was average. Nice comfy bed, airconditioning (it was loud so we turned it off as it wasnt hot anyway), clean bathroom - the whole thing is very small, really only enough room for the bed and our large suitcases. But for the one night it suited our purposes.

I'd definitely stay here again under similar circumstances, but not sure if i'd stay here for a longer holiday.

2 Thank Celine B
Thank-you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you stayed with us and appreciate your feedback.

I will pass along your nice words about our guest service staff and I know they will be delighted to hear that you were happy with the service they provided.

Thank-you also for your comments about our rooms and how clean they were. Our rooms are actually average hotel room size, but it might be unrepresentative especially if you have just gone to a resort in the south, as they tend to have more spacious suites as they expect guests to stay for longer periods of time. I do hope that our accommodations suited you.

We hope to see you again in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I arrived late, after a long day. A booking had been made by a third party on my behalf, but I didn't have the reference number. There was no record in the system, and I was expecting a disaster. The two girls at reception were fabulous, going far beyond my expectation in ensuring that the booking had not actually been made elsewhere (thereby attracting a "no show" charge) and getting me booked in. The room was clean and quiet.

Next morning the free shuttle to the airport was a good service.

This is a good and very convenient place to stay, with very helpful staff. I will stay there again, and recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John F
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of our trip and again at the end.
This is our.. 7th or so time. What sells this place is the service! Always nice, always helpful.
I accidently had bought no parking for the week when I bought on hotels.com. They were full
as well so we would have to go to park and fly. Not happy about it but what could we do. Ziva, the sales manager, offered her parking spot to us so that we could keep our car there. She also gave me a Toblorone bar to put a smile on my face. Thanks again Ziva, this place excels in making customers happy.
Rooms were still nice and big. Quiet. Beds are very comfy as are pillows. Shuttle service was fast and when we called at 2:30 am to come back, they were there in minutes. This will continue to be our airport hotel as long as the service and rooms keep us happy!

2 Thank evanescencetabby
Cambridge, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We decided to stay at his hotel for 1 night as we needed to take a early flight and leave our car for the week. First when we arrived to the hotel theyre was not enough parking as we wanted to find a good spot where we would feel comfortable leaving our car. I would suggest another place if this is a concern for you.

The front check in went smoothly and no problems getting into our room. Everything that you needed was in the room. We had chose to get some food from the pizza place in the hotel and found the food to be good and reasonable.

The shuttle is the morning was a little hectic as they were using a van to transport 6 people at a time to the airport. It was pouring rain and the driver decided to just leave our luggage out in the rain until he was ready to leave. Our cases were soaked and stained by the time we got to the airport.

The biggest problem was our return shuttle. We choose this hotel as it is only minutes away from the airport. Weh we landed I called them and they said that someone would be there to pick us up with 10 minutes. I had to call again after 20 minutes and was told he was on his way. Afte waiting now 50 minutes in the cold the driver finally came again in a small van and didnt even bother getting out to load our cases for us. We had told him that the wait was not acceptable and he didnt blink a eye. He simply just didnt care at all. We wont ever stay here again and it wasn't what we needed to have happen to us after a full day of travel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.....the shuttle service wasnt good and they just dont care about you and your ne...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kyra05
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank-you for voicing your concerns regarding the service you received during your recent stay at our hotel.

It is our main objective to make sure all of our guests are fully satisfied and happy with their stay from check-in to check-out and everything in between.

I wanted to personally apologize for the lack of available parking near the hotel. We have an extended parking lot where we ask our extended parking guests to park. It is completely safe and monitored by our staff. It is located right next door to our building within walking distance to our front door. Again, I hope that this was not a major issue. We try to save spots around our building for overnight guests and patrons of the on-site restaurant.

I wanted to apologize for shuttle wait and lack of understanding from our driver. Our regular shuttle van in currently in the auto repair shop undergoing regular maintenance. We were given a smaller shuttle for temporary use only; therefore normally our shuttle is able to fit more guests. Still, you should not have waited for such a long time for pick-up and your luggage should not have been left in the rain. I am so very sorry.

I do hope you change mind and decide to stay with us in the future.