“Bad experience!”

Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a room online during Caribana weekend (Saturday). About 1 hour after the booking I called the hotel to confirm my reservations as I knew most hotels were booked in the GTA for that weekend. When I called in the woman I spoke to confirmed my booking and asked if I wanted two queen beds or a single king bed (meaning she had two rooms avaikable). I asked for the two queen. When I arrived to check in the girl said she had no rooms. Frustrated I asked how that could be since I received the confirmation email and called in. She than told me that only two of them were working the desk and both denied speaking to me over the phone. The girl behind the desk questioned if I actually did call in and as a result I showed her the phone number in my phone. She than proceeded to roll her eyes and slam things. She made it seem like it was my fault! She than told me that there's no room and to "go somewhere else, find another hotel." Worst customer service! I told her that I had no where to go and that something better be done or else I want to speak to a manager. She rolled her eyes and left the front desk. She called in few minutes later saying one room was available and to give it to me. How could a room suddenly be available in a completely booked hotel! Decently won't be coming back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ComfortTO, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank-you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I am sorry with regards to the mis-communication that occurred between yourself and our guest service staff. We were sold out of rooms for the entire weekend of Caribana about 2 weeks in advance.

We work hard to make sure that guests with valid reservations are given rooms, as I can't imagine coming into a hotel, expecting a room and not receiving one. We absolutely never overbook our hotel for this reason. In fact, we normally put a couple rooms aside for emergencies, and my guest service staff used one of these rooms, as they didn't want you to be left disappointed.

Again, I am sorry for the confusion.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Last year I stayed in a hotel at the Pearson International Airport. The cost was about $250 per night - no Wi-Fi in the room and no breakfast included. This year I stayed at the Comfort Inn located on the Airport Road - about 2 miles from the airport. The cost was $90 with a full English breakfast. The room was spacious with a queen sized bed, Wi-Fi in the room and throughout the hotel. There is also a small pub attached to the hotel - the Pearson Pub. The food was good but was limited to burgers/sandwiches with a choice of 5 draught beers. There was a free shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel is not a luxury hotel but is a great place to stay if you are flying out the next day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel.

I am so happy to hear that you felt your received a great value for the money you spent. We work hard to make sure that our guests get all the amenities they deserve (free breakfast, free wi-fi) at an affordable price.

We hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on July 24 as a stop over before our holiday. The Staff were very pleasant. The highlight of our stay at the hotel was our shuttle to and from the Airport with Caesar, he was so pleasant and funny, we had a chat with him. When we arrived back home he picked us up just after midnight, I remembered his name. I guess that says a lot for him, when you are gone on vacation for 10 days and remember your drivers name when you return. He is very good at what he does, he left a lasting impression with us.
The hotel as the hotel was very noisy, we hardly got any sleep and had an early morning flight. All night there was someone ( I assume it was a staff member) walking up and down the halls with FLIP FLOPS on. They have a very distinct and annoying sound, especially when people are trying to sleep. Air conditioner was so noisy we had to turn it off, then room was way too hot.
Susan

Room Tip: higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel for other guests to read.

First, I wanted to thank-you for your kind words with regards to our shuttle driver; Caesar. He is a true gem and we are lucky to have him working with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were distrubed by other guests walking up and down the hallways. I absolutely know the flip flop noise you have mentioned. I can assure you however this isn't one of our staff members, as they are required to wear close toe shoes for safety reasons. My guess is that it was a guest that was either nervous about traveling and couldn't sleep or was very excited about their upcoming trip. Eitherway, I am very regretful that your stay was not restful.

I hope that you will return, so that we may better suit your needs.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I hav stayed here several times over the last few years when I have been lucky enough to travel, and in all honesty there is no place else I would stay for the Sleep, Park and Fly. ALL the staff are VERY pleasant, polite and respectful. And accommodating! The beds are soooo fluffy and comfortable, my room has always been clean and smelled fresh. Lovely cleaning and maintenance staff too! It is a clean, comfortable and affordably place to stay - It is not luxurious, but meets every need when travelling. Fantastic hot/cold buffet breakfast, and great coffee too!

I had a dreadful mix up with a bad on-line booking 2 trips ago, and it turned out my on-line booking did not include parking, only a room. It was late evening, I had worked a very long day, and was now very tired and extremely upset after 2 hours on the lobby phone with the head office. The counter staff looking after me could not have been kinder or more professional with me, even in the state I was in! I was recommended to contact Ziva, the hotel Manager after I returned from my trip, who later looked after things for me as best as she could in a very satisfactory manner. I could not be happier with this establishment, they are truly wonderful staff and accomodations!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room here! But if stairs are a problem for you (as they can be for me, Ii ha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travellingSuzi

Thank-you for staying with us and for recommending our hotel to other travellers.

First, I am so happy to hear that our staff was able to help you out with your frustration a few years ago. I am also glad that you have continued to use our hotel since.

Your kind words are very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Quick check-in and out, clean rooms, premises very well kept.
Airport shuttle 12 minutes from airport
Shuttle drivers were very courteous and friendly
Park n Fly parking very near (in parking lot along side of hotel)
Shuttle driver was very efficient, at the airport within ten minutes of being called!
Two thumbs up, this place delivers it all conveniently including pricing!
Thanks to all who made our sleep-park and fly so easy!

Room Tip: Extremely close to airport with very little shuttle wait time
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for staying with us and for participating in our very popular 'stay and fly' package.

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel and the shuttle service we offer to our guests. We work hard to make sure that our guests are picked up and dropped off in a timely manner. I am glad to hear that this was the case with you.

We hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've stayed here a few times. Checkin is always quick, rooms are clean, and beds are comfortable. The breakfast provides a very good variety, including hot and cold options. Very close to the airport (an easy walk across the street, if you are so inclined). I don't think anyone would be expecting a "luxury hotel", but there is not much more one could ask for; good value. The hotel manager is super, too; she is extremely helpful and really makes me feel at home!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William L

Thank-you for staying with us and for your kind words about our staff and accomodations.

We are happy when are guests are happy.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

As I travel a lot, I'm a regular here at this hotel. Always satisfied with my stay. Beds are comfy, pillows are comfy. Fluffy duvets.

On this particular trip I was planning to pick up my car and drive home after leaving it in their overflow lot while I was away. I was feeling ill on my flight, and didn't have the energy to drive home, so I booked back into the hotel (and now one more day).

I am on the mend. Ziva, the manager, has been checking in on me to make sure I am well, and taken care of. Such a warm personality, I'm made to feel very much at home here.

Breakfast is a plus as well.

I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JanetNiagara

Thank-you for staying with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unwell and I hope that you are on the mend. Ziva also sends along her best wishes.

We hope to continue to see you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!