“Convenient to 40, clean, nice staff”

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #28 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
London
“Convenient to 40, clean, nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stay at this location when visiting Toronto because it offers low cost usage of my Starwwod points, plus its convenient to the 401. Not much traffic and easy to access. Its not really close to anything that is in walking distance as it sits on an industrial stretch of road with not many attractions, food outlets or shopping, but with a car they are all within 5-10 minutes.

Hotel is clean, staff are pleasant and efficient.

Nothing special, but what I expect when staying at an upper middle status franchise.

Room Tip: You can stay on the airport side and watch planes taking off and landing, but its a bit noisier in t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga on Friday Night, May 16th. I had rented 2 rooms. We had planned an entire day in Toronto and only got to the hotel around 10:30 pm to have a good nights sleep.

The A/C in room 604 is extremely noisy and despite bringing it to the front desk's attention, nothing was done about it. The entire floor had rowdy kids that were awake till 3 am, slamming the doors and running around.. They were up as early as 6:00 am. Again, the complains to the front desk were ignored. Did not enjoy the 11 hour stay at the hotel... Not worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Girish S
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you kindly for staying with Four Points Toronto Mississauga during your recent travels. On behalf of our entire staff, we sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. We know that it can be very frustrating to not obtain a restful nights sleep. If your travels bring you to Toronto in the future, we would love for you to give us another chance. Take care!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night; I booked using Hotwire. The hotel's decor reminded me of hotels I have visited in Copenhagen; it was also very clean and the staff was friendly. The beds were superb. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, prices were moderate. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fremantle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

So we had booked the other Four Points at the airport, but GPS took us here instead. Staff were very accommodating and rebooked as at this hotel with no fuss. They also looked after our bags while we traveled to the USA and Caribbean, which was nice. The hotel is in a commercial area, so nothing much around, but handy to the airport. Only downside was the impatient cleaner on our last day - as a SPG Gold we had a late checkout, and she kept checking to see if we had gone, as it was her last room and we were holding her up.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Armstrong, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

well, the start to my experience was not a good one. When I called the hotel for the airport shuttle to pick me up they were quite harsh. I did not know what terminal I was at but in Toronto only certain planes land at certain terminals and hotels all know that. I was at terminal three. They said the shuttle would be there in ten minutes and I waited outside in the cold for 33 minutes. When I was checking in the fellow at the desk actually argued with me. I said I am here and that is all that matters and he said well it was your fault because you didnt know what terminal you were at. That may in fact be the case but why fight with the guest when I already said it was all good.

My room was upgraded to a suite and I was happy about that until you realize that the suite is right beside the coke machine and the ice machine and the elevator. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on around you. Sometimes that is okay until its noisy in the hallway.

This hotel is in an industrial area so not much to do but that is to be expected. The hotel was clean and tidy and the pool area was small but usable. On friday night it was pretty rowdy. Two grown women were drunk and fighting in the hallway and then they left. Thank goodness. Well I thought I was home free but not so lucky they came back at 2am. They were drunk and fighting in the hallway again yelling and screaming. I called down to the front desk for help. I opened my door asked them to please be quiet and they apologized and went to their rooms. no sooner had I got back to sleep they were yelling again. Frustrating. Okay more noise and then quiet. I was happy to learn they were kciked out but it sure took a long time to get that done.

The only saving grace in this hotel was the service staff at the restaurant lounge. They were outstanding. Food was not superior but the service was. Do not stay on the second floor suite next to the elevator as it is noisey and there is no bath only a shower.

Room Tip: do not sleep in the second floor suite and rent a car or you will have a big cab fee.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pamela P
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your feedback with us. First of all, we would like to apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. The shuttle experience has been brought to the attention of management and we are striving to improve the process. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to impress you.
Niagara Falls, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I can't believe the manager and bartender shut off ALL the TV's on the customers who were watching them. The manager refused to even leave one on and after telling us that the kitchen was closed, the manager managed to walk by us with food from the kitchen. Will never stay at a 4 point Sheraton again. Supposedly customer service takes a back seat to saving a penny on the electrical bill.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank NickiMS
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you kindly for staying with Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga. Rejuven8 Restaurant closes at 11pm each evening. Our team would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Ancaster, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Industrial park Mississaugua is the Canadian Siberia in February. Four Points is a nicely refurbished hotel with rooms of modest size. It is not really near the airport, or shopping, or restaurants. My reception was welcoming. The room was, shall I say, 'compact' but well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable.
The restaurant leaves much to be desired - with early WalMart decor, a couple of other guests on a Saturday evening, and slow, slow service ( are they overworked with 3 guests?)
Let's hear it for frozen hamburgers ($16); then again, let's not.
The hotel Isn't expensive, but since it has little going for it, that isn't surprising. The area did seem like Siberia! My salvation was the GPS - don't leave home without it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo