“Renovated rooms, average service and noisy hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We checked into hotel a bit after 12AM, tired from driving after 6 hours and a bit of traffic. I called the hotel around 10 pm to make sure that the sofa bed had sheets and pillows for the kids. We checked into our King suite room with a sitting area with a sofa bed for the kids. To our surprise there was no sheets on the bed. We called reception and immediately they sent a lady from the hotel to check the room. She was actually very sweet and helpful and felt really bad. Her name was Eva. She also noticed there was not enough towels so she brought us that too. It was 1am by the time she left the room. Honestly it wasnt a good start to our stay. If you book a hotel 2 adults and 2 children the hotel should be attentive to details like sofa bed sheets and enough towels for 4. Our room was on the 5th floor on the highway side so it was also very very noisy! We did mention to hotel the next morning that the room was noisy but since there was a group it was difficult for us to change rooms. I have been to this hotel for business and i did notice that the rooms were nicer and renovated this time. A nice clean renovated bathroom and confortable SPG bed and nice sitting area with 2 TV's. We had the breakfast at the lobby restaurant and honestly is was average food. The waitress was actually very sweet and the service was good but for over 15.00$ for buffet and similar prices for a la carte, find another restaurant around the area and i am sure it will be a better choice for quality! Also, another thing that surprised me is that next to the outside entrance doors on the sidewalk there was a metal grill covering a big hole and in that hole I must of seen at least 200 cigarette butts. It looked dirty and I can't believe that the hotel management didnt notice that some guests are throwing their cigarette butts in that hole.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not overlooking the highway
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your kind review. Your comments have been discussed with the departments and necessary action taken. I'm glad you enjoyed the renovated room and our friendly staff. Hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by my 3 day weekend stay at this hotel. It was very lavishly done on the inside. I came up to visit a friend of mine and their house was in Milton. And this hotels location was just a little further in towards the city. And very close to the airport. Location is great. The hotel itself was very comfortable. They furniture was very modern and new. It is a great place for a weekend getaway to Toronto. The room rates were also fantastic for what I paid. $86/night. Very satisfied and happy with my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hi Asif,

Thank you for your excellent comments. I have shared them with our associates.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here during a trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto for something a bit cheaper outside the city. We basically checked in, went to sleep, took showers and checked out, so I cannot comment on the gym or pool. But the bed was SO COMFORTABLE! It was like a dream. We would certainly stay here again if we returned!

Room Tip: We stayed at 225, no issues.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Aaron,

I'm glad you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed out beds. We do have a lot of guests who choose our hotel for the comfort, ammenities and proximity to Toronto. I hope your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My Fiance and I stayed here in late March of 2014. Our first impression was that the lobby is quite well decorated, the restaurant is situated to the left of the main entrance. The front desk staff were professional, efficient and informative when it came to local restaurants and things to do. Check-in was quick and easy. Our room was a king bedroom suite, located at the end of a hallway on the fourth floor. The hallways are very grand and appealing, unlike most hotels. The room was phenomenal. I can honestly not say enough good things. It was clean, the sitting area was pleasant, there was a small yet workable desk beside the window. The bed was very comfortable. The fireplace was charming, and goes through the bedroom into the living area. There are TVs located on either side of the wall dividing the bedroom and sitting area. We decided to go out for dinner, as the built-in restaurant in the hotel was more expensive than we would have liked. Only other negative is that our room view overlooked a parking lot, but lets be realistic, it`s a hotel in Mississauga in good proximity to other hotels and the airport, I wasn`t looking for a room with a view. Overall, I had a more than enjoyable stay, and am looking forward to staying for a few more nights later this month.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large & have a great deal of windows for natural lighting along the length of...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amber D

Hi Amber,

It's great to have guests who take time to write such glowing reviews. Thank you and we will be happy to welcome you back .

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Chris, the staff who checkes us in was so rude and dishonest. I called them days ago and they told they will provide a room with two double beds if available. When we got there, Chris told all rooms with two double beds are not clean then not available and they have no one at the time to clean it (10pm). I thought he is honest and I accepted small king bed room. An hour later, when my dad got injured on the head because of the small room, I came down and the other staff easilly checked us in a clean double bed room. The next morning, chris was at reception and I told him about the injury and the room change. He not only did not feel sorry about the injury and not asked about my dad's situation, but also started shouting at me the there was no room available. Chris made the experience one of the worst I ever had. The rooms were too small, but so clean and nice and quite. Not good staff.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hi Victor,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during you recent visit to our hotel. We strive to deliver a high level of service and clearly did not meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with our front office associates and taken corrective action. I hope we get an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the only Starwood property for miles around and I am trying to keep my Platinum status. I really wish there was better. I requested a King room not near the elevator and got an accessible room around the corner from the front desk. Since they were full I was not upgraded, nor could they move me, BUT I did get free breakfast vouchers as an apology - Whoo Hoo!! The staff is sincere and goes out of their way to make their customers happy, and I really appreciate that when I am far from home.

The rooms are clean and well-appointed with microwave and fridge, but the property could use some updating; the AC has been very loud every time I've been here. There is no way to turn it down below jet engine, and the air blows right into the bed. There is an electrical socket bar on the desk with plenty of outlets, but mine was intermittent and my phone didn't change overnight.

Because of my room location, people were smoking and talking outside the exterior window which was just outside the rear lobby entrance. But, I managed to get some sleep and was looking forward to my free breakfast.

They have a cooked-to-order omelet station which has some problems - the plates are stacked under the bowl holding the empty eggshells, so there are traces of uncooked egg on the plates from putting the shells in the bowl. My omelet was so undercooked that the even the egg whites were slimy. I mentioned this to the F&B manager who said that he understood my concerns and would get the problem fixed. Next morning, the plates were stacked in the same place with the same drips, so I didn't risk salmonella by having an omelet.

Overall, I will continue to stay here to get my points, but when another Starwood property opens up anywhere in the area, I'll be the first to check it out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hi Ronlap,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You mentioned a lot of positives for which we are grateful and are working on improving in the other areas you mentioned. Thank you for your loyalty to SPG.

Regard,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for business recently. Easy enough check in process, and they were kind enough to accommodate an early check in.

The room was spacious enough with large desk (free wifi!) and comfy beds. Good breakfast was included in the morning as well. That's pretty much where the pros end.

I'm a vey light sleeper and the sleep quality provided was less than ideal. Curtains did not fully blackout the light. There was no sound insulation from hallway noise (people talking, doors slamming).Both sides of the hotel face Canada's busiest highway but with the AC unit on, most of the traffic noise was drowned out.
I also happened to look under the bed and noticed dust bunnies and someone's sock, which indicates that cleaning practices are probably very superficial.
Generally speaking, this hotel is definitely not too new and not as nice as some of the other 4 points I have stayed at.

Room Tip: The side facing the BMO building will be slightly quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business