“Very convenient, comfortable hotel”

Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites
Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Perth Australia
“Very convenient, comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is about a 10 minute ride in the free shuttle from the airport so is really convenient if you need a hotel in that area. I have stayed here twice. The room was comfortable and clean. Plenty of space to put your luggage and to hang clothes if you want. You can open the window which is always a plus. Breakfast was okay but the service was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we have shared them with our team. We thank you for choosing us and hope to welcome you back again some day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel had some great points but overall I would have to say that I will not be back.

The Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The first night I couldn't fall asleep because of the terrible smoke/perfume smell that was in my room. I called down and they were happy to move me but because it was 2 am and a lot of my stuff was already unpacked I decided to wait it out till morning.

Then healthy start breakfast in room service was very good. The man on the phone was so kind and treated me to an orange juice. When he delivered the meal he was quite pleasent and personable. He also reminded the front desk about the smell in my room and they called up and made sure I knew that they would move my stuff for me and get me into a new room.

After returning from my tradeshow I was happy to be in my new room, but still there was a funny perfume smell. I didn't want to complain again so I toughed it out.

The dining lounge downstairs was very good. The ribs were outstanding.

I did appreciate the level of service and friendliness from this hotel but my sensitive nose will leave me choosing else where next time. Sorry Hilton! Floor 4 seemed too fragrant for me.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with our executive housekeeper to look into the aroma that you found overpowering and she will take the appropriate action to ensure our housekeepers are using the products properly. As well, to search out alternative products. It is the first time we have had this type of feedback, so we really do appreciate it.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity. We would love to welcome you back. Again, thank you. Have a wonderful summer.
Kingstown, St. Vincent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I guess I just expect perfection from the Hilton brand. Don't get me wrong, this is a good hotel and I can't complain about the price since we got a great deal through Expedia's unadvertised special.

The room was adequate, the hotel location is great, the checkin went well, the bed was comfy, the airport shuttle was fine, but I guess what was lacking were the extra touches I've seen at other similarly rated hotels. For example, wifi is not complimentary in the rooms, there was no coffee station in the lobby, no newspapers, and no bottled water in the room. These little touches are standard in the Ottawa Hilton and other hotels such as the Sheraton.

If you get this hotel at a good price then it's fine, but I would not bother paying premium for a hotel which I felt did not provide premium amenities or services.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivona B
I am sorry you were disappointed in the lack of details during your last stay with us. I do wish to clarify that the hotel does offer a complimentary coffee service in the morning between 6:30am and 8:30am. We also provide complimentary newspapers in our lobby each morning. Perhaps they had all been taken by the time you were down in our lobby during your stay.

I am glad you otherwise enjoyed the hotel and our service. That is important to us and we thank you for recognizing that element of your stay.

Should you be back in the area, I do hope you will try us again. We'd love to welcome you back.

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate it.
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The park & fly option is great, as we live 3 hrs away. Shuttle buses were on time, departing and arriving. Easy location to find the shuttle at the airport.
Customer service reps were very good at check in, answered all questions. Room was clean, and bed comfortable. Wake up call was on time.

We have used Park & fly options in the past, first time at this hotel. The hotel we normally stay at is cheaper in price and just a little further down Dixon. So in future I think we will return there.
We flew out with a large gang, and everyone was staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunforus
Happy to know you had a great stay and I hope to see you back again when you're flying out of Pearson Airport. Have a great summer!
Prince Edward County, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm over two hours away from Toronto, and with traffic concerns, I'll drive up the evening before and spend the night in an Airport hotel that includes car parking for up to two weeks.
Although there are several hotel choices for this, the Hilton has very nice rooms and friendly and efficient staff. And a very large parking lot, which at peak time can still get very busy. Particularly if they are hosting a convention.
The included airport shuttle service is very efficient, running most of the time on 20 minute intervals. And easy to access on the arrivals level for return, after your flight.

The hotel is also easy walking distance from several resturants with various menus and price ranges.

Room Tip: Excellent sound proofing, so there are really no "bad" rooms, even if facing the main stre...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bbc2play
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is very clean, offers excellent dining facilities and parking for cars while you are away. Good shuttle service, and friendly staff. I would recommend it for travelers needing a safe place to park cars while traveling on business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments and for choosing HIlton! Have a wonderful summer.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Caveat... My expectations of NA airport hotels is pretty low and generally I am not disappointed. There are exceptions, but normally you have to get out of an airport to find a really decent hotel... but that is a pain if you are in transit. Given that, I would say this is an average hotel, but possibly above average for an airport hotel. It is definitely better than the other hotel adjacent to the terminal. And given that the other hotel is at the terminal and the Hilton requires a bus ride, choosing the Hilton is not the most convenient option. That said, we have stayed at the Hilton (and the other one) many times. At the Hilton, the check-in is easy; the staff are pleasant and efficient; and the rooms are clean and efficient. OK, the layout of the head to head beds is different, but if you are travelling with kids, it works well. We also generally eat in the restaurant when we arrive which has good friendly service, though the food is nothing to write home about, though they try. When we come in later from the west coast, often the restaurant stops serving before we arrive (though you can get a more limited menu in the bar). Given the numbers of people arriving from the west, possibly the restaurant might stay open an hour later... that would be nice. So spending several days... go downtown; but if passing thru, this is the better choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing Hilton when staying in the Airport area. We are continually improving our product and our food and beverage offerings. For example, our two bedded rooms are now being renovated and will feature the more traditional side by side design. And we're launching new menus this coming Monday.

We appreciate your comments and your business. All the best to you this coming summer.