“Nice Accomadations”

Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Hilton Hotel is a nice facility, with a friendly team in a good location, close proximity to downtown Toronto also being so close to the Lester B Pearson airport and a number of the freeways to visit other areas of the greater Toronto.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My fiance and I usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns or Hamptons, but as this was the cheapest Hilton hotel for this past weekend we chose this one. The room has been renovated nice furniture. The bathroom has been partially renovated, with nice granite counters but it still has the old faucets and such, which was kind of weird, but they worked fine. I enjoyed the high end Peter Thomas Roth bath products. I believe we had a suite which has a nice flatscreen in the bedroom but also in the sitting area. They were technically one room but the bathroom was in the middle and sort of divided the room, so it would be nice for a longer stay option. We had breakfast on Sunday morning which was expensive, but to be expected at an airport hotel where you are sort of captive. I agree with the other reviewers that there was minimal airport noise. My only complaint would be the parking situation. Parking was $18 a day which I thought was pretty hefty considering we are at the airport, not downtown Toronto. Also, they had recently installed a new parking system we were told, but it is not working properly so every time you want to enter or exit you had to dial the intercom system and explain to the person that yes, you are registered with the hotel and you would like to enter or exit. We were luck that it wasn't too busy, but I could see if there was more traffic it could be really annoying. Otherwise, it was a good stay and we would probably stay here again if the price was right.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor which was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We appreciate your comments and feedback and happy you gave us an opportunity to host you during your stay at the airport. We have indeed upgraded our parking system so that vehicles can now enter and exit more quickly with the new photo license techology. You simply pay for your ticket in the hotel or at the front gate - it is ticketless and designed to improve the speed and efficiency of parking for our guests. I do apologize for the inconveniene you experienced while it was being instand and thank you for your patience.

I do hope you will stay with us again. Thank you. And have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I truly like your place and I would stay there again. The staff was friendly, room was clean, food was great. I will not hesitate to stay at your hotel anytime in the future and I would recommend your hotel to my friends and business associates.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back - thank you so much for your recommendation!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great hotel to be close by the airport and not suffer from plane noise. the restaurant is great and I recommend the breakfast there. Parking is not free but not too expensive either. Not the first time I have stayed here and always a good experience. Staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Welcome back! And and thank you for your comments. We are lucky being so close to the airport that we do not have to deal with noise as the hotel is not located under any flight paths. Glad you enjoyed your experience in Bliss and overall had a good stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Safe travels...

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked this thru the Hilton site. I have a feeling this is a hotels.com type hotel and an airline hotel. In other words what I paid is twice what they pay. Lousy health club. 2 squash courts? Who plays squash? Outdoor pool under construction but no sign of work being done. Musty smelling room. Will not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul C

I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Our rates are in line with the other hotels in the area but this is a very subjective thing with guests. Most do see the value in the ambiance and the services we extend.

Our apologies regarding the pool - yes, it is closed for the summer as we are completely upgrading the area so that it can be enjoyed all year long beginning this fall. Our fitness centre will be part of that renovation and will also be expanded at the same time.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The first thing I noticed when landing at the Pearson International Toronto airport was how old everything looked. There is a Sheraton that is practically on the runway that looks from the outside as if it was built in the 60's and hasn't had a lick of paint since and the other buildings in the area looked to be of a similar vintage.

To get to the Hilton one is required to leave the terminal and find bus stop 22 which was easily done. There we waited in sweltering heat for 30 minutes, during which time the Holiday Inn bus pulled up 3 times before our bus eventually arrived. From bus stop to hotel takes just a few minutes. I had a sense of foreboding as we approached the hotel as the architecture of the building is in the Brezhnev gulag style. The lobby is reasonable but my second floor room was on the tired side with a very cramped bathroom and a tiny bath. The bed was large and comfortable but the pool view left a lot to be desired, a pool with water in it for example.

Breakfast is a fixed price so I paid a staggering $20 for a cup of coffee and a bowl of cornflakes with a few strawberries on top. Service was friendly and efficient though, as it was throughout the hotel. As an airport hotel I guess it's ok and it's conveniently situated. If you want to get to and from the airport quickly you might be better off in the Holiday Inn though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

First I would like thank you for choosing Hilton. We appreciate any comments about our guests stay as we learn from this outside perspective. I would like to clarify that our shuttle runs every 20 minutes in peak hours and every 30 minutes in off peak. And that our shuttle service is the most frequent of all the hotels in the area. That said, there are times when unexpected delays occur and I do apologize if your wait seemed unreasonable.

As for our pool, yes, it is under construction this summer as we are rebuilding it to become a four season pool. Upon completion this fall, guests will have a brand new pool to enjoy all year long. I am glad to hear you found our service commendable and I do hope you will choose us again.

Thank you again, we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My flight was delayed and the airline sent my family to this hotel. The hotel is nice and updated, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, the food at the restaurant is great aside from their small portions. My only real problem was with the front desk. The man checking us in didn't have any eye contact, he kept walking away without explanation. It was like he didn't want to check us in. The girl beside him was checking in a Cuban couple who spoke very little English. She was acting very frustrated with them during the whole check in process. I work front desk in a hotel, and that lack of courtesy is not tolerated at my hotel, nor should it be at any other. Perhaps their manager should send them to an etiquette workshop where they can learn some manners.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Olivia J

My sincere apologies regarding your experience with our front desk. This feedback has been communicated to our front office manager. Action will be taken to ensure our front desk team is aware of what our customers are saying. Of course this behaviour is unacceptable and we will dig deeper into the situation to understand the full story behind what you witnessed and experience.

We take pride in our hospitality and will go to great lengths to ensure our team members are inspired and trained to deliver the welcome each guest deserves.

Thank you.