“Quality GTA hotel with great staff”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Booked the hotel based on Tripadvisor ratings for a group of 6 people, all in separate rooms. At first I was little disheartened by the exterior appearance on a gray, drab day. It likely was an apartment block at one time. Entering the lobby, though, you quickly see that the interior has been thoroughly renovated. The front desk staff (Dan, if I recall) was able to recommend restaurants and shopping in the area for our group. They were quick to assist with our Marriot rewards memberships, setting up accounts quickly for one of the guys.

The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The windows open to let some fresh air in if desired. Restroom is well equipped, if a bit skimpy on the provided toiletries. I did not use the kitchenette, but those from my group that did appreciated a fridge that could hold a 2L of Coke.

The selling features of this hotel are the attentive staff and whisper quiet rooms. It's an older building; the walls are not paper thin, the doors are heavy and gasketed properly. I did not hear one door close from the hallway, nor any footsteps. Exterior noise was not a concern.

The included breakfast offering was of higher quality than HIE. Little egg/bagel sandwiches were served, and the fruit was actually delicious. The coffee and tea was running 24/7 in the lobby, and a nice little business center was provided to use the net.

My only recommendations would be to have an optional newspaper delivered to your room. Thanks to the great staff, even I am did not remember the names properly. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business in the western GTA.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

What a great detailed review. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this awesome feedback. From the attentive staff, spacious rooms, quality of breakfast, room cleanliness and the 24 hour On Us coffee service you really described our property well. We take pride in providing top notch service and it sounds like you received it during your stay. The point you make about optional newspapers is a very valid and we will look at what we can do to improve on that. We can't wait to read your review at our meeting tomorrow morning and celebrate your comments. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel was convenient to airport offering a shuttle service. We left car here for 2 weeks so that was great. It was in with the price of the hotel which was very reasonable. The room was brand new and clean and very very modern. It has its own kitchen area which was nice but we were there for one night only. Bed was luxurious and comfortable. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant at this hotel only snacks
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review. It sounds like you took advantage of our airport package for your two week trip. It really is tremendous value, especially since you get to stay in our newly renovated property. The bed package has been tremendous for us and we are continuing to receive excellent feedback on them. We hope to see you soon.
Dan McIlhone,CHA

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Over the course of the past 8 months, I have stayed at the TownePlace Suites Mississauga Corporate Centre on business over 20 different times. The hotel is newly renovated and extremely clean. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel. The hotel recently purchased it's own shuttle to increase convenience for its customers and the staff are willing to drive you to the mall, dinner, or the airport at anytime and pick you up. The staff at the hotel are truly an incredible team. It is apparent from the first time that you walk into the TownePlace that you are a truly valued customer. The WIFI in all areas is excellent and I cannot recall ever having issues with it. Any needs in the room are met within minutes of a phone call to guest services. The rooms are very spacious, yet give the feel of home.
The breakfast in the morning is excellent. Staff is excellent at providing options and even driving you to dinner!
I would not stay anywhere else in the Toronto area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

What a great review Kyle. As much as you loved staying here, we looked forward to your visits and the team visiting as well. Nice to hear that this felt like a home away from home! The nature of the TPS brand is that we want our guests to settle in and have a routine. It looks like the hotel was able to accomplish that for you. Thank you for mentioning our new shuttle. We have received many excellent reviews on it and we look for continued success. I have to point out to our future guests that are reading your review that the picture in your profile is of you and our extremely talented Director of Sales Vijay Pahuja. I know that Vijay looked forward to seeing you and we look forward to continuing the relationship with you and the Soo Greyhounds nest season.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I will recommend Towneplace Suites to co-workers and friends, thanks mostly to Megan Knight's responsive action and exceptional customer service.

This hotel is fairly new, it looks really nice, the rooms are spacious. My co-workers were impressed and wondered how we got such nice suites for such a decent room rate. I was having trouble finding a suite with a kitchenette that would be within my employer's approved rates.

We were there on a Wednesday evening and were pleased to experience the Managers hosting a hospitality hour. I have been to other hotels that offer something similar but this one was a little different - the hotel managers were present and they seemed to be the servers. I think this is an excellent idea.

I read some of the reviews about odd locations for tv and robe hooks, but I could understand the logic behind those things once in the room. It works. The tv swivels so you can watch in the bed or at the sofa and there is a towel shelf on the wall near the tub. I have seen very similar setups in other suites like this. The bonus - a clean robe is provided during your stay.

There were many positives to this hotel, comfy bed, fridge with freezer, stovetop, dishwasher, and kitchen sink. The room passed the clean test except for a few issues. Megan took care of it. This is the most reactive and responsive place I have stayed at in a long time. She gave me hope. I was starting to think that Marriott hotels were not for me. I wish the management at the Residence Inn I stayed at last month cared even half as much as she did.

These were the negatives (really only listing these so that management has examples of areas they could improve if they are looking to get all 5's from me):
Found a couple of areas hadn't been wiped down.
There was a throw pillow on the bed - I don't think the bed is clean if a throw pillow that has been thrown on the floor is touching it. (I believe this is a Marriott thing to use throw pillows and those little throw blankets at the foot of the bed. I suggest doing away with those they are gross unless they're changed out after each stay.)

The blanket in between the two sheets appeared dingey, stained and dirty to me, and again seems to be a Marriott thing, not sure that blanket gets changed out after each stay, it sure doesn't seem like it. (I have yet to see a housekeeping cart piled high with clean blankets and throw pillows)

I was actually impressed with Megan's attentiveness because I was trying not to complain and yet she really wanted to hear about my stay. My last experience I spoke up and things didn't improve, I took photos and wrote an email to the manager of the hotel and she was far less attentive nor quick to respond in my opinion. Megan and the manager who took the time to give us tips and directions on places to go eat got you a 5 on service.

Megan, thanks for your help/quick response even after my stay. Keep up the great work - it is the little things that add up and make a person like me come back and tell others this hotel is worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank iluvcleanrooms

Thank you for this very detailed and informative review. I need to tell you that I read it to all of our associates in a daily meeting and Megan was also in attendance. When you I read about Megan's exceptional service the team gave her a round of applause. We are very lucky to have her lead our Guest Service team! It was great to see her recognized for her efforts in ensuring that your stay was of a high standard. You really did a great job outlining what makes our hotel an easy choice in the area. I am glad Megan was the first point of contact for you and she easily handled any and all questions. The robes are nice in the rooms too! We love seeing our customers getting good use of them. Thank you for taking the time to give us this excellent feedback, it truly helps us fine tune our offerings to the guest.
We look forward to seeing you and serving you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It is an excellent choice for a well-priced, clean, and comfortable stay. The staff is welcoming and helpful, and the rooms (we stayed in a larger studio on the first floor) nicely appointed. Free parking and free in-room Wi-Fi are here. You won't find that in the downtown hotels.

The included breakfast is good, not great, but good. Eggs or French Toast are included, along with fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and the usual assortment of breads, muffins, cereals, etc.

Up the street, two large blocks away, is the Hare and Firkin Pub, a fun place for casual dinner and drinks.

If in Mississauga for pleasure or business, you'll be pleased with the homey comforts of this hotel.

Room Tip: The first floor larger suites, priced equally with the standard suites, are very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review of our beautiful property. You touched on the cleanliness and the associates making you feel welcome. These are two of our daily focus points and I am glad that they are paying off in terms of meeting your expectations. The breakfast is something that we continue to work and have recently been hearing very favorable comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel on March 21, 2013, when I was in town to attend a taping of Big Brother Canada :) The nightly rate was great and because it was so great I didn't really expect much from the rooms - but I was wrong! The rooms are very spacious with a nice bathroom (great hairdryer btw), awesome kitchen area- fridge, microwave, dishwasher---everything you need, fantastic bed, very comfortable -- I even loved the ihome alarm clock!!! Lots of free parking space available, great staff---I could go on and on, but you get the point- this place is a great choice. Only problem is that there are not a lot of restaurants nearby- so transportation would be desirable to have (there are buses), but not necessary -- we ordered take-out and it was delivered quickly.
I would 100% recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

What an excellent description of your visit. Thanks for posting! You really hit on all the key areas of our hotel. Great room layouts, nice kitchen, fantastic bed, very comfortable and great staff. We couldn't agree more! Please visit us again soon and thanks for the 100% recommendation.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Excellent hotel and nice location. Staff is also very nice and co-operative.I came here for a short business trip and later it became a 3 months trip. My stay in the hotel was very pleasant. My wife also joined me here after some time and we had some good and romantic time here.Location of hotel is also good as its near to my office and walking distance from the bus stops. I would like to come back here again if I will get a change to visit Canada.

Room Tip: Corner suites have nice view, large and sunny.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thanks for the great review on your extended stay visit. We loved having you with us for 3 months and nice to see you found some time for relaxation with your wife. We are very close to many company's in the corporate park so our location is perfect. We can't wait for your next trip to Canada.
Dan McIlhone, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
North York
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
North York
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre

Address: 5050 Orbitor Dr, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 4X2, Canada (Formerly Sandalwood Hotel And Suites)
Region: Canada > Ontario > Mississauga > Etobicoke
#2 Green Hotel in Mississauga
#3 Best Value Hotel in Mississauga
#10 Business Hotel in Mississauga
Price Range: £71 - £122 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre 3*
Marriott's newest all-suites hotel south of Toronto Airport offering complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking and airport shuttle. Hotel offers private courtyard with natural gas barbeque patio, indoor pool and 24 hrs fitness centre. Welcome to Real Living! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sandalwood Hotel And Mississauga