“Great for Weddings and Great Place to Stay”
Review of Glenerin Inn

Glenerin Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Mississauga B&B and Inns
Mississauga
“Great for Weddings and Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We recently co-hosted the wedding of my son and his new bride. With 4 adult children we were thrilled when they chose the Glenerin Inn since it is wonderfully situated in South Mississauga and was very fair in price for a high-end wedding/reception facility.

Things turned out perfectly. For the convenience of all we ended up holding our rehearsal dinner in another room at the Inn and this too was extremely smooth and fairly priced.

The weeding day turned out perfectly. Despite the rain and inclement weather outside, our 115 guests had a really exceptional experience which was easy to take for not only the bridal party that could have lots of cool location pictures but also the guests who never needed to travel but rather could move right from the ceremony over to an adjacent area for cocktails. The dinner and then the dancing were outstanding and those who stayed over in suites at the Glenerinn were really pleased with the rates, the rooms and the service.

I have to tip my hat to Jason, Brett and Faye who did an outstanding job and helped make us very proud and satisfied parents.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Glenerin Inn, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very happy for the newly weds and it's so great there event was a success.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for a "me " time getaway. I wanted a beautiful cottage/inn like setting w/o having to drive far. This was perfect. The inn is a beautiful old stone building and very warm & cozy decor. Although I was promised one style of room and arrived to being offered not what I had wanted, this was quickly rectified. I had a spacious room with two comfie queen beds and a fireplace. The bathroom was simple and basic. It could use an upgrade for sure.
The receptionist informed me that I could add a fine for 2 dinner/ breakfast for $40 so after reviewing the menu, I went with it and that was a great decision. The restaurant was beautiful - many small nooks and rooms for intimate and romantic dining and the food was to die for!! Great service too. I had a great sleep and enjoyed the spa ( not owned by the inn but within the inn) the next day. My only comment about the spa was that it was small and gorgeous but my RMT ended up leaving me with a very large black bruise and damaged tissue. I have always had deep tissue massages and active release therapy with no bruising or damage. I work in the fitness Industry and know what to expect and have no issue saying that pressure is too much. I would never use that RMT again but would go back to the spa.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had only been to the Inn once before, about 15 years ago for a Mother's Day brunch, but we had our wedding there late in September and found it as simple and stress free an experience as you could want. Both the catering manager and the director of sales and marketing (Faye and Brent) had excellent attention to detail and follow up. Our needs were somewhat unique due to my wife's temporary disability (I suspect they don't often get a request for a bed at the head table) but all went without a hitch. The service staff was attentive - they clearly have a lot of experience with weddings, being booked most Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons - and the food was better than I expected for "mass produced" fare; guest reviews were all good. The Inn was happy to accommodate all of our requests - we brought our own cake and set up a candy table, the DJ, etc - without hesitation. Our room in the carriage house was excellent, clean and nicely done, and the four rooms our guests booked (adults and teenagers) all worked well. The Inn has a lot of condos nearby but there are great space outdoor spaces for photo's (the rear deck has a forest background) and for receptions. The prices were reasonable compared to other venues in the area, although I don't know if there are really that many to choose from. Overall, we were satisfied with virtually every aspect of their service, no issue recommending it. It's a pretty place. They host a lot of business functions too, each time we were there, meetings were going on. Good access to major highways too.

1 Thank Ray P
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Glenerin Inn has many good points- friendly and helpful staff, good rooms kept very clean and the building is most attractive. So what is the problem? Well if you pay for a breakfast inclusive package and you are lucky you get an excellent buffet but most days all you get is one choice from an a la carte menu. If you choose cereal then toast is extra as is everything else. I have never seen that arrangement before and it spoiled an otherwise excellent stay.

Room Tip: Watch out for the low ceilings
1 Thank Brian P
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I recently had our wedding here (I posted a review for their restaurant services as well), and were given a room for a one night stay after the wedding. The room was absolutely beautiful (we stayed in the attic room), and we couldn't be happier with the service. The morning after the wedding we were even greeted with a delicious plate of fruits and muffins with coffee and tea. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Choose the attic room (211) if available!
ontario,
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We recently needed accommodations for out of town guests and the Glenerin Inn was the only hotel close to our home. It was a pleasure working with Norman the guest services manager. He was attentive to our needs and he made sure that our guests were welcomed and well looked after. Jason, the manager went above and beyond to meet our requests. Our guests praised the staff, the comfortable rooms and the delicious breakfasts.
Even though it is in the heart of Mississauga, they felt that they were staying in a country estate.
The location is beautiful. Thanks to the Glenerin Inn, our guests had a wonderful stay and we were happy that their accommodations were just like being in a fine home.
Look no further than the Glenerin Inn if you need lodging for out of town friends or family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank porscheOntario_
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our room was ready upon arrival but it was not very clean. There were dead wasps in the bathroom light fixture, the fan above the bed was disgustingly dirty and we found a pair of under pants along with an unused sanitary pad in the end table drawer from the previous patrons.

The lighting in the room was terrible and depressing. The carpet was ripped, sofa's and chairs were dirty. There was no stationary or pens. The towels were thread bare and shampoos, toilet paper and coffee pods were not replenished by house keeping.

The windows opened to allow fresh air to flow into the room but had no screens. Consequently at four A.M. we had some unexpected visitors at our windows. Thank goodness we woke up to the racket of the family of racoons trying to pry open the partially opened window. The response from front desk was that we shouldn't open the windows.

The gym was very small, gloomy and crowded.

All in all we were very disappointed with our accommodations, which is most unfortunate because the location and building is very nice.

The rooms are tired looking and in desperate need of a facelift and a good cleaning. We did not eat at the restaurant based on our impression of the rooms.

We are well seasoned travellers and we would definitely not stay or recommend this hotel, under the current conditions.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Wayne_and_Kim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
The Waterside Inn
Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West
Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Oakville

Been to Glenerin Inn? Share your experiences!