“Gr8 location”

Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Gr8 location”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Recently stayed for 1 night @ this property. Gr8 location..just 5 mins from T3 @ YYZ. Rooms were excellent. However I noticed that the blanket was torn and had various cigarette marks. Didnt expect this from the Sheraton group. They have a coin operated laundrette facility. Staff was very helpful. Have stayed in the past @ Sheraton @ YYZ airport itself. However the rate difference (C$ 220 vs C$ 135) is definitely worth it. Surprising the SPG points required are the same for both hotels. So if u r redeeming points, it makes sense to stay @ the Sheraton in YYZ airport. Staff (especially Paul @ Front desk) were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel wasn't bad. Doesn't look as attractive on the outside compared to some others, but the room were spacious and very closed to the airport which was a good thing

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AlbertSiauw
halifax
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My son and I travelled to Toronto for a university scholarship presentation ceremony and stayed at the Sheraton overnight. Their website says they are close to the airport - "close" is an understatement! We literally walked across the street and into the airport. It took about 5 mins. It was a lovely hotel, nice lobby area (drinks rather expensive at the lobby bar - $9 for beer) and the room was very clean and very nice. Bed was very comfortable. They had a nice indoor pool and hot tub. It was nice to not have to travel the 401 to get to it. Restaurants and stores were very close, couple blocks, 5 min drive to McDonald's etc. Very reasonable rate at $96! Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
NF
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My boyfriend and I took a Toronto weekend and stayed at this hotel. We loved our room, it was clean and fresh, the front desk could have been nicer. Overall we had a great time and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I had a very rotten night sleep in this hotel. I went to Mississauga to write an important exam. I barely slept 2 hours due to the ridiculously loud heat/air conditioning unit. The room was so cold, I had to keep the fan on, but sacrificed sleep to do so. I barely heard the alarm clock - the fan was that loud, thankfully I was up already.
My colleague stayed in the next room and turned hers off completely, but nearly froze. We came from one of the coldest cities in Canada - we're not wimps.

Don't even get me started on the door knob breaking in the bathroom - trapping me in there for 45 minutes. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear prairiegirl154954,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport.

We sincerely apologize that the heating unit in your guest room was louder than expected. If you could please contact me at the hotel so that I can positively identify your room number. This information will be useful so that our maintenance staff can inspect the HVAC unit.

I do sincerely regret that you were entrapped in your washroom and apologize that the washroom door handle broke. One again, please contact me directly so that I can investigate.

Jason
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2011

dirty filty room, staff that realy don't care overcharge on credit card for phone call with calling card that are suppose to be free.Call to have the false charge reversed 13$ as a principale since they told me that it was there mistake but received statement on my credit card with 13$.Talk to the front desk manager HR director without any succes.So i deceided to call the General manager of the hotel,i explain to him the mistake on my credit card without any success.The gm should honor the 0 balance but instead i was accusing me of a lawyer.
Like i would waist my time for that amount at this point, it is a principale.Thay are the worst in customer service!!!!!And i do travel around the world in a montly basis.I will tell every one around me about my very bad experience.PLEASE GIVE YOURSELF A FAVOR DONT STAY AT THIS HOTEL AT ANY PRIZE.SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE I AM ITALIAN.And also the bartender Marlene is the worst nerver smile not helpful and so nasty ,but then again i guess she fit right in with the rest of the management.I will contact Starwood corp.regarding my worst customer service EVER.Shame on them.

Room Tip: dont stay at this hotel at any prize
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sylvain P
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear sylvain P,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport.

I am very disappointed to hear about the situation you encountered at our hotel and with to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

If there are any hotel errors on a guest’s bill, we will always review and adjust.

As explained to you, this was not a billing error, but a legitimate charge incurred by making a long distance phone call.

I do thank you for your feedback regarding our staff member and will be following up to improve the service we provide to our guests.

Best Regards,

Jason
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is a very nice motel. The beds are very comfortable and they have coffee, free water and daily newspaper. The shuttle to the airport is very reliable and frequent. My wife and I always stay here when we fly. It is directly across from the airport which is very convenient and not noisy considering. We never count on a wake-up call however. Bring or use your own to make sure. Lobby is very clean and staff very friendly to deal with at all times. Thanks for a pleasant stay as always.

Room Tip: We haven't had a bad room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple