“Great stay”

Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Mississauga
“Great stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Room was clean and bright, sadly missing a fridge which would have made it perfect. Also lacking wifi in the rooms this would have been great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DIMississauga, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Toronto West Mississauga, responded to this review, 12 March 2015
Hi Marquita H,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. At the moment all of our guest rooms have mini refrigerators. We have recently update our wifi system, so that a strong signal is received throughout the entire property.

Kind Regards and Appreciation,
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was with my mom and my 2 year old toddler. We came 2:05pm. We were sweaty, and tired, and we wanted some good rest, specially me since I have appointment to catch in an hour at Canada Post. The lady at the front desk was far from warm (but not exactly cold). She told us that we were early for check-in. But i was like, "seriously?The check-in time here is supposed to be 2pm, so the room has to be ready by 2pm for your guests right?". But she snapped back in a cold tone this time that although the check-in time is 2pm, people there are "humans" too, and could go beyond time. I was upset to know that we still have to wait but I am more upset that she NEVER sounded apologetic at all. So i said ok, will wait. While waiting, my son is running here and there, and talking nonstop. He was bored, but still trying to entertain himself. And the receptionist looked even more annoyed, and asked my mom if my toddler was really that noisy. She said that there are corporate people in the hotel who does not like noise. But who does like noise? You cannot expect a 2 year old to wait and sit still for 30minutes. At that time of the day, he is usually on his nap, and if we were given a room right away, she will not see and hear any running. After 30minutes, she told us without looking that the room is ready, and my mom said "what room?" (which i know is asked the wrong way). And the receptionist answered back more impatiently "YOUR ROOM!", while giving us the look of disbelief. Of course we know she was referring to our room but my mom actually meant what room number. It is the first time to be treated that way in a hotel, wow.

The receptionist though in the evening is more polite, smiling, and welcoming.

Cleanliness is average, i was too busy to go check every surface. The room is a bit small but looks better than expected. But I was not able to sleep because I was contacting other hotels where we can move to the next day. I would have stayed longer here as my appointments got extended for another 3 days, but with the way we were treated, like we are not welcome at all, thanks but no thanks. First thing in the morning, we packed up and moved to a nearby hotel. More expensive but i dont mind paying more for the exceptional customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DIMississauga, Manager at Days Inn Toronto West Mississauga, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Hello Linda,

I am deeply apologetic for the experience you have had with one of our front desk agents. Please contact me directly at so that I can confirm some details with you. Mahmood@daysinnmississauga.com

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this issue so that we may take appropriate action.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 11 June 2013

For me my 2nd time on town at 1st Its a good location and price but not clenliness.of room. So 2nd visit i have no choice but to stay again coz of my work office is.near on that and afortable rooms to stay. When i enter room is more neat and smell good.... Maybe on my 3rd visit it will be excellent..

• Stayed June 2013
DIMississauga, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Toronto West Mississauga, responded to this review, 13 March 2015
Hello jerdey,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always making improvements at our property. Our new executive housekeeper ensure that all of our guestrooms are in immaculate condition. I trust you will thoroughly enjoy your third stay with us.

Kind Regards and Appreciation,
Management
Gloucester
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Generally an acceptable place, where I have stayed dozens of times over 20 years, because of location and value. The lower bed sheets do not fit properly - not able to be tucked in. The breakfast should stay available later, at least until 10:00.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo