Since this is mainly a business hotel, the prices on the weekend are really reasonable so we were able to get a deluxe king suite. The suite (803) was nicely appointed and comfortable that would be suitable for lounging or working. The suite was made up of a long foyer, a living space with a desk that would actually be useful for working, a bedroom with double doors and a bathroom that connected to the living room and bedroom. There was a TV in both the living and bedroom which made it convenient. The bedroom was about the size of most standard hotels. There were outlets everywhere which made it handy, but it would have been nice to have at least one USB port.
The room was immaculately clean with very crisp and white linens. The king bed was really comfortable and I actually slept pretty well. I am a very light sleeper and was able to hear phones ringing and people moving about in their rooms and outside in the mornings. However, I suspect that the wall material was meant to be a sound barrier, I might just have super hearing :) The bath and body works products were a nice touch and smelled great. Many previous reviews complained about the temperature of the room. When I arrived, it was at a very cool 20 degrees. The thermostat was difficult to maneuver it almost seemed to work at random. However, I was able to get it to adjust it to a comfortable level. Perhaps it would be a good idea to provide instructions next to the thermostat since so many people had issues.
Front desk was sufficient and attended to our needs as required.
• Reasonably priced on weekends
• Great hotel for a holiday inn designation
• Comfortable and clean rooms
• Great bed
• Lots of outlets
• Rapid checkout
• Wifi was fine
Suggestions for staying competitive with similar hotels in the area:
• Provide free water
• More coffee (there was only a bag each of regular and decaffeinated provided)
• Change the wifi password less frequently/don’t need to re-type password in every day
• USB port
My only complaint was that the automatic sliding doors were broken and when it opened it made a horrible nails on blackboard type of noise. Hopefully they’ll get that fixed soon!
This is a 3 star hotel (with 3 star prices) that is providing 4 star amenities. Overall, it was very comfortable and satisfying stay. If you were not a fan of the Holiday Inn previously, this hotel may change your mind. Well done, Holiday Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hotel's Location in Mississauga, Ontario is the BestLocated in the heart of the Mississauga Business District, and just off Hwy 401, the Holiday Inn Select Hotel Mississauga offers an ideal location and elegant hospitality. Leisure and corporate guests know we're the perfect choice for a stay in the Greater Toronto area.Our hotel's location in Mississauga, Ontario is convenient for business guests because we're close to Siemens, Dupont, Biovail, Microsoft and Loblaws. We have more than 4,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and four rooms that can seat 140 guests. Catering, Internet access and A/V equipment are available. We also offer a shuttle service, with advance reservations, to Toronto's Pearson Airport 12 km away.Leisure guests enjoy the warm elegance of our Mississauga, Ontario hotel. Our friendly staff can help with directions to local attractions like Square One, the Living Arts Centre, CN Tower and the attractions in downtown Toronto, just 25 minutes away from our Mississauga hotel.As one of the best hotels near Toronto, our accommodations offer deluxe amenities that include an excellent full-service restaurant & lounge, an indoor pool and whirlpool, and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. Naturally there is free high-speed Internet access and a 32-inch LCD TV in each room. Whether Mississauga or Toronto is your destination, discover how refreshing business travel can be when you choose the Holiday Inn Select Hotel Mississauga. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Mississauga
- Holiday Inn Mississauga
- Mississauga Holiday Inn