“Great staff”

Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Chatham, Canada
“Great staff”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lobby is small but clean
Small shop for snacks etc if you have forgotten anything
Coffee for sale in the lobby
Staff very friendly
I didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on that. Staff were very nice. Slept like a baby!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear 071957,
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and you had a good nights’ sleep. I am pleased that you found our staff to be nice and friendly. We strive on customer service and always appreciate the feedback from our guests letting us know that we are doing a good job. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and I do hope you will give us the honour of serving you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Since this is mainly a business hotel, the prices on the weekend are really reasonable so we were able to get a deluxe king suite. The suite (803) was nicely appointed and comfortable that would be suitable for lounging or working. The suite was made up of a long foyer, a living space with a desk that would actually be useful for working, a bedroom with double doors and a bathroom that connected to the living room and bedroom. There was a TV in both the living and bedroom which made it convenient. The bedroom was about the size of most standard hotels. There were outlets everywhere which made it handy, but it would have been nice to have at least one USB port.

The room was immaculately clean with very crisp and white linens. The king bed was really comfortable and I actually slept pretty well. I am a very light sleeper and was able to hear phones ringing and people moving about in their rooms and outside in the mornings. However, I suspect that the wall material was meant to be a sound barrier, I might just have super hearing :) The bath and body works products were a nice touch and smelled great. Many previous reviews complained about the temperature of the room. When I arrived, it was at a very cool 20 degrees. The thermostat was difficult to maneuver it almost seemed to work at random. However, I was able to get it to adjust it to a comfortable level. Perhaps it would be a good idea to provide instructions next to the thermostat since so many people had issues.

Front desk was sufficient and attended to our needs as required.

PROS
• Reasonably priced on weekends
• Great hotel for a holiday inn designation
• Comfortable and clean rooms
• Great bed
• Lots of outlets
• Rapid checkout
• Wifi was fine

Suggestions for staying competitive with similar hotels in the area:
• Provide free water
• More coffee (there was only a bag each of regular and decaffeinated provided)
• Change the wifi password less frequently/don’t need to re-type password in every day
• USB port

My only complaint was that the automatic sliding doors were broken and when it opened it made a horrible nails on blackboard type of noise. Hopefully they’ll get that fixed soon!

This is a 3 star hotel (with 3 star prices) that is providing 4 star amenities. Overall, it was very comfortable and satisfying stay. If you were not a fan of the Holiday Inn previously, this hotel may change your mind. Well done, Holiday Inn!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yellowpjs
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear yellowpjs,
Thank you for your very detailed review on our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and have aided other travellers in perhaps staying with us in the future. We appreciate all feedback and suggestions from our guests in order to improve future stays. We do hope that you will visit with us once again, and thank you for your kind words!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The Dinner was AMAZING!! The staff fantastic!! Dinner is the kind you would get in an upscale restaurant. Prices very decent for Canadian restaurants. We were sticker shocked in Niagra!! I think the hotel was just renovated too!! Rooms are great!! Coffee at breakfast is excellent!! (Not the Starbucks) order off the menu is best. Cheaper too!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank designerdust
Dear designerdust,
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us – we are so glad to hear that everything was beyond your expectations! We look forward to serving you once again if you are in the area.
windsor
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I'll preface this by saying I am not too big on Holiday Inns -- in past stays I've found sheets scratchy and beds uncomfortable. However, we were part of a gymnastics group which had several families staying here, and this property offered suites, so we booked it.
I was pleasantly surprised to walk in and see a modern-looking lobby, with modern-style furnishings, and a restaurant that matched the rest of the decor.
My satisfaction continued upon arriving in our suite. Everything was like new and the amenities were very nice -- not only the standard fridge/microwave/coffee maker, but also a sink with dishes in the living area. The beds were comfy and didn't have the usual HI thin sheets and lumpy pillows. Bath was also nice.
But there's always something, and in this case it was the pool area. It was small -- which isn't a big deal -- but the water was so cold that our group of girls couldn't swim at all. They tried but five minutes was enough. They then decided to try the hot tub, but it should be renamed the "cold tub" because the water was not even warm. Why a hotel in Ontario would not have water/hot tub at decent temperatures in the middle of January is beyond me -- perhaps summer travelers will have better luck.
The service was also not very friendly, and at check out time I got fed up waiting for someone to take my $2 and change for a mini cup of Starbucks so I left. If no one is going to be around to take money when people are in a hurry, then just make the coffee complimentary.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cath,
Thank you for posting your review on your stay with us in January. I am glad to see that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and accommodation. Unfortunately, back in January we were still working on increasing our pool temperature due to previous ongoing issues. You will be pleased to know that it was rectified a few months ago, and is now much warmer than in the past! We do hope that you will visit with is again in the future and give the pool another try.
Ontario
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The pros:
- easy to get to location
- entire hotel very clean
- entire hotel nicely decorated
- all staff that I encountered were very professional and curtious
- lots of hot water and great water pressure
- great bed
The cons:
- extremely slow wireless internet
- room temperature could not be controlled and was TOO hot (75 degress for the entire stay).
- windows did not open
- poor lighting in bathroom when trying to do makeup.
Would I recommend this location? Yes, for both business and family travel this hotel is a good choice.
Would I stay again? Yes

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Helper_One
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Helper One,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback in order to rectify any issues for future stays. I am glad to hear that you would stay with us again and found our staff to be very professional. Our HVAC units can be difficult to operate, and I apologize that your room was too hot during your stay. Please don’t ever hesitate to contact Guest Services if you have any issues with your room (internet, HVAC, etc), so that we can have these issues looked into and corrected as soon as possible. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return!
Sudbury
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We didn't mind the extra time it took to get to this hotel. The room was great for having girls that don't like to sleep together. 2 queens and a sofa bed with the the 2 room suite was a great size for us. I was concerned about hwy and elevator noise but it was surprisingly quiet! My girls also very much enjoyed their many trips to the pool! We didn't pay extra for breakfast because the room had a small kitchen so we went down the street to the grocery store and enjoyed our breakfast in our Pjs. We would stay again ;)

Stayed March 2014
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Northontmom,
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear that your accommodation worked in your favour, and the girls enjoyed themselves! We hope you and your family will stay with us again soon!
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is my first time at this property and most likely will be my last.

I chose this particular HI since it has the best value. The hotel looks very nice and new. Lobby has a nice decor, the room was modern and nice decor. The staff was very nice and friendly.

The hotel did recognized my Platinum Elite status, however sadly there was no upgrade since there was nothing available.
I asked about if there's another way to upgrade, but I was told that I have to pay $10 to get an upgrade. I booked a King Bed + Couch, and supposedly next upgrade is 2 Queen Bed Suite, would a 1 level upgrade, if I wanted the King Suite it would be a 2 level upgrade, so the hotel didn't give it to me. This is a terrible way to upgrade since I didn't need 2 Queen beds.
I get better upgrade in InterContinental Properties! I do expect to pay if I want a better room from InterContinental.

I am fully aware of the T&C of the Platinum Elite membership. At the end, its up to the discretion of the hotel to give upgrades. This is the first HI that I didn't an upgrade and the hotel was not fully booked.

The way I call excellent service is when the hotel is willing to go above and beyond, what they are "required" to do. This hotel didn't provide that service.

The bathroom, looked nice and was clean but the wallpaper installer did a very sloppy job.

Breakfast was good but not much selection. The lady there was very nice and provided good service

If you have an Elite status don't expect much for this hotel. I'm a loyal IHG brand but I was checking online about their consistency on upgrades its terrible, most people that have multiple Elite status at different brands would usually pick other brands since some have better upgrades.

So the hotel is very nice and no doubt about it, one of the modern looking Holiday Inns that I've been in, I just don't like how they treat loyal/elite members and therefore most likely I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the possible noise from HWY 401 then its a nice view if you do then you should...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Br79,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us, and thank you for mentioning that you found the staff to be very friendly. We strive on customer service, and appreciate being recognized. I thank you for being a loyal member and I do apologize once again for not being able to honour an upgrade for you at check in based on your Platinum Status. You are correct on the information you received from our Guest Service Agent however, on how to go about getting an upgrade based on the hotel availability that particular evening. We tend to follow protocol due to the fact that the IHG Brand requires consistency so that when our members stay at various properties within the chain they receive the same service in both welcome amenities as well as upgrades. There may be some hotels within the brand that are currently not following protocol, but they will be required to do so in the near future. I have passed your comments along to both our Executive Chef regarding the selection on the Breakfast Buffet, as well as our GM in regards to the wallpaper. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and I do hope that you will re-consider us in the future.