“Definately recommend this hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Montréal, Qc
“Definately recommend this hotel”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently as a group (120 people) travelled to this hotel to visit the Head Offices of our religious organisation and I was pleaseantly surprised at how nice and classy this hotel was. We received a better room then expected and I was happy that the pool was open until 11.00pm. The color of the water in the Jaccuzi was a little weird... And also they should have 2 employees to check everybody in as we were an important group. But Jesse was very professional and answered all my questions. I called the Friday to ask him question and he was very professional on the phone. I called front desk to change the sheets and they were there in a matter of seconds. Great stay! Will definately come back next time. A continental breakfast should be included for larger groups... My only suggestion.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. Love the fact you can close the door to your room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us, as we appreciate all feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay - we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The King room was large, clean, nicely decorated, and comfortable. From the wallpaper to the granite counter top in the bathroom to the crisp, white linens on the bed--it was classy. The desk area was large enough to get business done and the comfy chair and ottoman provided somewhere other than the bed to recline and relax. Breakfast via room service was fabulous--eggs Benedict--and with a 10% delivery charge and tip included, it was cheaper than other hotels that I've stayed at. Dinner in the Motivity restaurant was pleasant--friendly staff and plenty of choices on the menu while watching one of the two large screen TVs at the bar. We ate there twice. Bar specials each day offer a reasonably priced meal as well. The lobby was very clean and polished--inviting. Starbucks coffee is available (for $2.85 a cup) in the lobby along with other assorted treats and drinks. Reception staff was professional and helpful. Booking for the weekend gave us a great price too--more affordable than weekday prices. No complaints about anything here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed for one night in this hotel with my mother while visiting family. The property appears to have been recently updated, with fresh wallpaper, paint etc. in evidence. So fresh, in fact, that some trim work on our floor was still being held up with frog tape.

The lobby looks very impressive and modern, with crystal chandeliers etc. The rooms were also very modern and clean.

When attempting to check in early, we were rather rudely informed that they had no rooms clean and to come back. We didn't mind coming back, but could have done without the rudeness. Overall a pleasant stay, and I'd stay again.

Just a note; our room faced the 401, and we were not bothered by noise at all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank geckodani
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear geckodani,
I thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I do apologize that the Front Desk came across as being rude when you made an attempt to check in. I am glad to hear however that you did enjoy your stay and would frequent our property on another occasion. We look forward to seeing you again!
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lobby is small but clean
Small shop for snacks etc if you have forgotten anything
Coffee for sale in the lobby
Staff very friendly
I didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on that. Staff were very nice. Slept like a baby!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear 071957,
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and you had a good nights’ sleep. I am pleased that you found our staff to be nice and friendly. We strive on customer service and always appreciate the feedback from our guests letting us know that we are doing a good job. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and I do hope you will give us the honour of serving you again soon!
Toronto
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Since this is mainly a business hotel, the prices on the weekend are really reasonable so we were able to get a deluxe king suite. The suite (803) was nicely appointed and comfortable that would be suitable for lounging or working. The suite was made up of a long foyer, a living space with a desk that would actually be useful for working, a bedroom with double doors and a bathroom that connected to the living room and bedroom. There was a TV in both the living and bedroom which made it convenient. The bedroom was about the size of most standard hotels. There were outlets everywhere which made it handy, but it would have been nice to have at least one USB port.

The room was immaculately clean with very crisp and white linens. The king bed was really comfortable and I actually slept pretty well. I am a very light sleeper and was able to hear phones ringing and people moving about in their rooms and outside in the mornings. However, I suspect that the wall material was meant to be a sound barrier, I might just have super hearing :) The bath and body works products were a nice touch and smelled great. Many previous reviews complained about the temperature of the room. When I arrived, it was at a very cool 20 degrees. The thermostat was difficult to maneuver it almost seemed to work at random. However, I was able to get it to adjust it to a comfortable level. Perhaps it would be a good idea to provide instructions next to the thermostat since so many people had issues.

Front desk was sufficient and attended to our needs as required.

PROS
• Reasonably priced on weekends
• Great hotel for a holiday inn designation
• Comfortable and clean rooms
• Great bed
• Lots of outlets
• Rapid checkout
• Wifi was fine

Suggestions for staying competitive with similar hotels in the area:
• Provide free water
• More coffee (there was only a bag each of regular and decaffeinated provided)
• Change the wifi password less frequently/don’t need to re-type password in every day
• USB port

My only complaint was that the automatic sliding doors were broken and when it opened it made a horrible nails on blackboard type of noise. Hopefully they’ll get that fixed soon!

This is a 3 star hotel (with 3 star prices) that is providing 4 star amenities. Overall, it was very comfortable and satisfying stay. If you were not a fan of the Holiday Inn previously, this hotel may change your mind. Well done, Holiday Inn!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yellowpjs
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear yellowpjs,
Thank you for your very detailed review on our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and have aided other travellers in perhaps staying with us in the future. We appreciate all feedback and suggestions from our guests in order to improve future stays. We do hope that you will visit with us once again, and thank you for your kind words!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The Dinner was AMAZING!! The staff fantastic!! Dinner is the kind you would get in an upscale restaurant. Prices very decent for Canadian restaurants. We were sticker shocked in Niagra!! I think the hotel was just renovated too!! Rooms are great!! Coffee at breakfast is excellent!! (Not the Starbucks) order off the menu is best. Cheaper too!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank designerdust
Dear designerdust,
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us – we are so glad to hear that everything was beyond your expectations! We look forward to serving you once again if you are in the area.
windsor
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I'll preface this by saying I am not too big on Holiday Inns -- in past stays I've found sheets scratchy and beds uncomfortable. However, we were part of a gymnastics group which had several families staying here, and this property offered suites, so we booked it.
I was pleasantly surprised to walk in and see a modern-looking lobby, with modern-style furnishings, and a restaurant that matched the rest of the decor.
My satisfaction continued upon arriving in our suite. Everything was like new and the amenities were very nice -- not only the standard fridge/microwave/coffee maker, but also a sink with dishes in the living area. The beds were comfy and didn't have the usual HI thin sheets and lumpy pillows. Bath was also nice.
But there's always something, and in this case it was the pool area. It was small -- which isn't a big deal -- but the water was so cold that our group of girls couldn't swim at all. They tried but five minutes was enough. They then decided to try the hot tub, but it should be renamed the "cold tub" because the water was not even warm. Why a hotel in Ontario would not have water/hot tub at decent temperatures in the middle of January is beyond me -- perhaps summer travelers will have better luck.
The service was also not very friendly, and at check out time I got fed up waiting for someone to take my $2 and change for a mini cup of Starbucks so I left. If no one is going to be around to take money when people are in a hurry, then just make the coffee complimentary.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cath,
Thank you for posting your review on your stay with us in January. I am glad to see that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and accommodation. Unfortunately, back in January we were still working on increasing our pool temperature due to previous ongoing issues. You will be pleased to know that it was rectified a few months ago, and is now much warmer than in the past! We do hope that you will visit with is again in the future and give the pool another try.