“Good sleep for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites

Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites
Ranked #29 of 62 Hotels in Mississauga
Parry Sound, Canada
“Good sleep for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Located close to main roads just east of Hurontario and south of the 407 getting in and out is very good. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. There is a cold breakfast included which is coffee cereal and toast which was ok. The breakfast can be upgraded to bacon and eggs but there wasn't anyone cooking when I was there. The staff was friendly and helpful and I would stay again, I thought that it was good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sauble Beach, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times our rooms have always been very clean and quiet, we have left our car many times and never had a problem, we have mainly dealt with Nicola who is very helpful, but I must say everyone at this hotel is very friendly, great place to stay, Thanks!! we will stay again on our next trip.

Room Tip: We have stayed in many of there rooms and they have all been good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kay W
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I use Monte Carlo Inns multiple times, on a monthly basis. The hotel is very welcoming, staff are always cheerful and more than willing to make my stay as comfortable as they can. The new renovations (2013) have upgraded the lobby and restaurant/gathering areas beautifully and there are several quiet comfortable areas for sitting and chatting, or waiting to meet your guests.
The restaurant is very good, serving a good selection of various foods to suite most people. I recommend the pasta!
I always get a good nights sleep here - the beds are very comfortable and appear to be new. Free wifi, clean rooms, welcoming staff, good food, ample parking (no charge) .... yes, it truly is my 'home away from home'!
Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Personally I prefer the ground floor but that is just a preference for me. Overall I find the rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We spent almost 2000$ since the beginning of 2013 year and always have trouble at check in.

They accepted debit or cash deposit before but now they just accept credit card to let you go in your room. I tried to pay with my Visa Debit card but they does not accept it.

As I booked my night with hotels.com, they notice on the website that a 50 dollars deposit per night is required but when you arrive at the lobby the required deposit amount suddenly changed to 100$.

When I arrived at the hotel, they did not receive booking confirmation so I had to call hotels.com 24h customer service and they had to call the hotel to let us going in our room.

Last time, our stay at this Monte Carlo hotel was paid by our business travel agency in advance with our company credit card. When me and my team arrived at the hotel, they did not find any payment information on their file. This was a mistake from the girl at the lobby who proccessed the payment and forgot the put the receipt with our booking. So my company already paid for a complete week stay in advance but I had to make a deposit to go in for the night and wait for our travel agency callback.

The hotel manager knoked in our hotel room at 6:30am and called each 15 minutes after until 7h30am to ask for a payment as he would called the police if I would not make any payment.

Please remember that the room was already PAID by our company plus a credit card deposit for any incidental charges.

So the manager asked us to go down at the lobby leave the room with our luggage and pay the night. If not they did want to keep our luggages with them as a guarantee. I was totally pissed so I called my travel agency and Monte Carlo unprofessional team just find out that it was their mistake this morning after our first night.

As soon as they received travel agency phone call and find out that it was their HUGE mistake, they told us that we could go back in our room and did not apologize at all.

As I write this review about their big lack of communication and unprofessional employees and managers, I stay for my last night in monte carlo inn hotel.

The only reason that we choose this hotel for our business trip is the low prices.

My company just spent few thousand dollars at Best Western for a business trip and will choose BW hotel for all of our next business trip.

I would never recommend you to book or stay at monte carlo inn if you want a relax and simple stay. The employees there do not care at visitors and do not smile at all. They do not seem to be happy at all when you talk or ask anything to them.

The only good service we had there is at the restaurant inside the hotel.

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Mathieu

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mathieudeg
, Public Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience with us. We take each review with the utmost importance, as customer experience is what drives our business.

As a hotel, we do require a form of payment upon check in, as any other organization would also ask. In this case, there was a lack of communication from your travel agent to our hotel and no payment was given. Our goal in this situation was not to take money from you, but to rectify the situation so that we could let you enjoy the remainder of your stay without any disruptions. You were unable to provide us with any credit card for a security deposit, and just as all other hospitality organizations, it is absolutely required to check in.

We understand in this case that there was a language barrier which made it difficult to communicate. If you would like to further discuss this issue and perhaps smooth out any unfinished kinks please contact us at customerservice@montecarloinns.com. Again, thank you for your comments and hope that you will afford our chain of hotels another opportunity in the future so that we are able to restore your trust back in to our product and service.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for one night. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel is in a great location. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. We were made to feel very comfortable during our stay. Would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I booked this hotel for an overnight conference for 50 people from church organizations across Canada and New York. Some attendees mentioned that they were wary because of Trip Advisor reviews but were pleasantly surprised. I understand that manager was recently recruited to turn the facility around and I believe he is being successful. The staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful and tried to accommodate all needs and requests. The rooms were clean and quiet. There were various set food and beverage packages to choose from and those we selected were all freshly prepared and very good.
I would definitely recommend this location for a very reasonably priced and comfortable business stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Steinbach, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at this very friendly hotel, all the staff were very attentive to the customers comfort. The desk staff make every effort to ensure your satisfaction is 100 percent. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for affordable luxury, with friendly and attractive staff. The ladies are very friendly, and easy on the eyes. The gentlemen are well groomed and on cue for any question or request.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo