“good hotel, to avoid traffic noise take room at back”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #19 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel is located on the corner of a 8 lane road, and an 4-lane industrial road, that was a bit of shock on arrival (tells you to check google view). Requested a room at the back (view at hotel car park), away from both roads, that was fine. Lady at the desk was very friendly.
The fresh colours in the room are very appealing, I liked the extra plugs next to the bed and the ipod-player. It also has an aux socket, for non-apple mp3 players (bring the aux cable). Free wifi, was working well. The room was clean.
Fan was quite noisy though (2nd floor, one reviewer notes that ac units on higher floors are less noisy????), but luckily I did not need it. No safe in the room, which nowadays I find a basic necessity in regard of storing notebooks, tablets and other expensive gadgets.
Pool is too small to do laps, I would guess it is 6-8 metres in length. But kids may have fun in it.
Right across the road are many chain restaurants such as McDonalds, and Wendy’s. Bad for your weight, but very convenient. There is also a gigantic cinema. You can walk there from the hotel in 2-5 minutes, depending on the pedestrian lights. But be aware of cars (and huge trucks) turning right while your traffic light allows you to walk.
For breakfast in the Marriott you cannot sleep in: breakfast is served between 6-9 am. I would have preferred to have a choice of rates; with or without breakfast.
But in regard of price (paid approx. CAD for room with two queens), the hotel is good quality. If this location is convenient for you, I would recommend the hotel, despite the absence of a safe.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking hotel parking lot are away from the main road, less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
FairfieldInnSuitesTM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We love to hear back from our customers and we appreciate the details you put into your review. Our hotel is recently constructed and features windows and wall that are sound insulated to help reduce noise to a minimum. We are looking into the ac units as this is not a typical of a brand new unit, and we will have the problem address immediately.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Warm regards,

Management

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I very much enjoyed my two day stay. The rooms are spacious, bright and clean, very quiet suites with comfy beds and amazing pillows. Breakfast was very good in comparison to other hotels. If you like exceptionally strong coffee then you will enjoy the coffee here. I did not enjoy at all. The location is convenient to shopping, restaurants and the airport. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tayva
Jason C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Tavya,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and your stay in of our spacious suites with microwave this is something our guest enjoy. We take pride in our breakfast selection as you have mentioned in addition our breakfast offers scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and different bread / pastries items daily. Our Wireless fiber optic internet is closely monitored for any inconstancies and we work closely with our provider to keep this at optimum levels.

Thanks again for your review of the Fairfield Inn Toronto/Mississauga and we look forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel has everything you need. A nice clean bedroom with a big bathroom, a working TV and good amount of storage. There is also a swimming pool and a gym. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with everything one can possibly want. The staff at reception were very pleasant, friendly and happy to help. If you want to be close to the airport and a lot of outlet shops this is the hotel to stay at, as its not too far but if you need to get to Tornoto be prepared for at least 30 minutes drive with a fair amount of traffic, which I guess is no big deal in the greatest scheme of things. I could not have asked for more from this hotel. We got good value for money with a good room, free breakfast, free parking and free wifi. Should I ever go to Toronoto again I will stay here. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex M

Dear Alex M.

Thank you for your wonderful review this is what we strive to achieve at our Mississauga Hotel. We were delighted that you where able to use many of our amenities at our hotel. Our hotel also offers a Toronto Premium Outlet package, which is only 15 kilometers driving. We stride to deliver great service especially traveling with families. Thank you for mentioning our salt water pool which is excellent for relaxing and spending family time.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Yes this hotel was really nice, we satyed for 3 nights on the way to the states and coming back, it is close to the airport, the staff is friendly , there is a pool but we didnt use it, the restaurant is open at 5:oo if your hungry before that you have to go to tim hortons a few blocks up, its a drive through wi fi is free and there are few computers for use in the lobby, all in all a good stay.

Room Tip: it seemed that most rooms were quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank carOlyn51_11

Dear Caroline,

Thank you, it was a pleasure to read your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto/Mississauga. May we also recommend one of our 18 restaurants across the street with Denny’s 24 hour breakfast for when you come back to the area. Perhaps you will be able to use our salt water pool on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was treated exceptionally well by all the staff members. Andre deLoos, General Manager, persoanlly drove me to my place of business and was very friendly and courteous.

Leslie went out of her way to get me a toothbrush in the evening.

I notice that Brittany is greeting every person as they walk in and out of the hotel.

I will always stay at this hotel when I'm at business at the Canon Office and I'll tell all my colleagues to come here.

Room Tip: I did not receive good serve at Montana's. Moxie's was good but expensive. The Thai restau...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vincent Z

Dear Mr. Vincent,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a favorable review of our Mississauga hotel. It was my pleasure providing you with our complementary shuttle service. The entire team strives to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests of our property.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early September for a night and was happy with the location, quiet sleep and new and clean layout of the hotel. WIFI was free and fast and my room with two double beds was functional. However the free breakfast was not up to par as the powdered eggs were especially runny and along with the tiny sausages, very cold. The gym is your usual discount business/pleasure hotel limited fare. Will likely not stay here again. At $156/night with taxes included most can do better in terms of accommodation and price in this general area. V

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WJR-041
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days and had an excellent experience. Location is very close to major highways though it's 25 minutes from downtown but it was worth commuting back and forth. Hotel is very clean and tide, staff is very friendly. location is one of the main highways. tons of food options.

Room Tip: Breakfast is usual Fairfield inn but much better quality, rooms are quieter than usual
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Baba898

Dear baba898,

Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto/Mississauga. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, and we appreciate the excellent feedback. Our guests enjoy the convenience of having 18 restaurants such as Boston Pizza, Turtle jacks and Moxies all across the road. The close proximity to the major highway 401 and highway 410 is also a big draw. Our breakfast team strides to improve on the breakfast quality with daily rotating fresh pastries and breads and exceptional customer service.

Kindest regards,