“Starbucks saves an extra stop in the morning!”

Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Muskoka
“Starbucks saves an extra stop in the morning!”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed here a few times and its always been nice for work or a getaway. prices are very reasonable.
A wedding, large conference - Full hotel but no noise.
Checking in with reservations a breeze. Clerks friendly and helpful. The back door is right beside elevators so no need to walk through the lobby. Midnight snacks available. Microwave to use. Starbucks coffee downstairs is MUCH better then the in room coffee (obviously) and saves a stop if leaving in the morning.
Also, I had a mishap bringing breakfast upstairs. Coffees spilled over the french toast and onto the floor! Everything was sticky from the syrup. I told the room attendant working on our floor and she was so helpful. She told me to go back downstairs and it would all be replaced at no charge. She even stopped her work and went downstairs before I did to let them know what happened. She reassured me not to worry that she would get the carpet cleaner out and it would be taken care of. .
Only complaint is noise on the 401 side of the hotel (we had to change sides which was handled very well with no questions) and the beds are super hard. We have a soft bed at home and didn't mind at first but after staying 2 nights we were sore and ready for our own bed.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 401 side of the hotel (odd number rooms)
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
MuskokanBeachBum,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard. We're pleased to have had you as our guests. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found our staff friendly and helpful. Please make plans to visit us again. We look forward to your return.
Vali Glover, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Would definitely return! Lovely decor throughout. Spacious rooms (true to photos). Comfortable bed AND pillow (winning combo...great night's sleep). Spotlessly clean. Friendly staff (extra towel request met within 3-5 minutes!). One night, quick in-and-out from Montreal, but would be hotel of choice in West Toronto! Delightful!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
acnguest,
It's great to hear from you and receive a wonderful review. We're glad you liked our modern decor, spacious rooms, and especially our comfy beds. I'm glad our staff exhibited their usual friendly and helpful service too. If your travels bring you back to Toronto, we hope you'll come and visit us again for another exceptional stay.
Ponte di Piave, Italy
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This Marriott Hotel is a good choice in case you need a good stay during a business trip. Large rooms with all the main features you may need, 24/7 fitness centre, breakfast from 6.30 in the morning, extra-fast free wifi.
Personnel is very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the main road.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
fabiozan,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. I'm pleased you found our hotel to be comfortable and convenient for your business needs. It's good to hear you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff as well! Please plan to come and visit us again soon.
Ontario
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We went on an impromptu weekend getaway this past weekend and really enjoyed the hotel. We were met with a smile at the front desk and were permitted into our room before the official check-in time. We enjoyed the room decor as well as free parking, free wifi and pool & hottub. Since check-out time is 12pm, we were looking forward to sleeping in and watching TV in bed - things we rarely get to do. Despite putting the Do Not Disturb sign on our door, housekeeping knocked on our door TWICE asking us if we were leaving soon. This really annoyed us because we had the do not disturb sign out AND it was not check-out time yet. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Travelforfun2,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us for your weekend getaway, and glad you enjoyed your visit. I apologize for the housekeeping disturbance. The Do Not Disturb signs should always be honored, so I will make sure we discuss your review in our next staff meeting. I can certainly understand your annoyance and hope this was not too much of an inconvenience for you. We hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us again--maybe another impromptu getaway.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Honestly the price was okay, The service was non-existent but that I don't like being harassed. There was no free breakfast. The only real problem I have is that I was with 2 of my buddies and apparently after we left the room smelled like marijuana. (Not sure how they know how that smells). We didn't smoke once in that room but we are all smokers... We received notice that they charged us $250 for finding weed in our hotel room... upon further investigation it was because the room smelled but they found nothing. I don't mind being in a non-smoking room, I don't mind going outside to smoke. BUT if my room smells like smoke because we all smoke that doesn't automatically mean that we smoked in the room... I thought that's what smoke detectors were for anyways. I can't believe they can charge for whatever they want without any real proof. I was looking to see if I was the only one with this problem and it seems so. I guess that means they normally have people who smoke stay there. This is outrageous and I can't believe that in a room I would have loved to smoke in I didn't (if they checked the cameras they would actually see us going outside to smoke). Never again!! Plus they gave 3 of us 2 beds? Holy Hera I am upset!

Room Tip: Do not come if you are a smoker... It really is that simple
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BrianBlaze
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
BrianBlaze,

Thank you for your feedback. This incident has been turned over to a Marriott representative who will be in contact with you soon.
Connecticut
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I travel extensively for business. I typically will be working at the same place for 4-6 months and need a hotel that I can rely on for those 3 nights a week, every week, that I'll stay there. I stayed at this particular hotel for 2 weeks, about a month apart (checking out other hotels in the area to chose my "favorite"..

Coutryards are not the most expensive...nor the least expensive in the Marriott brands. Nor is the the least expensive hotel in the Mississauga area. You would expect a certain levle of "Marriott" amenities....more on that below.

Pros:
-Convenient location to Mississauga/Brompton businesses
-Upscale lobby
- Nice TV's

Cons:
- Parking seem sa little small for the size of the hotel
- Elevators a little flakey -- the first night I was there you had to hold the button because it kept going off......and that was before I got to the room.
- Got to the room and the Keys didn't work....back to dealing with the elevator
- Finally got in the room...turned on the TV ... no HBO or other premium channels (is this a Marriott or a Days Inn??)
- Took a while to get the A/C to where it wasn't boiling or freezing, set the alarm & went to bed
- Next morning...the ALARM DIDN'T WORK...fun start to a new day
- Ate in the hotel that night....menu limited...expensive...$23 for a salad and a glass of wine
- Last night...went to the business center to check in and print my boarding pass....the hotle computer didn't have Adobe Acrobat (FREE SOFTWARE) so I couldn't print my boarding pass

A little like the Hotel California in the Eagle's song....you can check in but never leave.

Net, net ...I'm a Marriott Platinum customer and I'm now going to stay at a Four Points by Sheraton

Room Tip: Chose a differnt hotel
MBAX01,

Thank you, Marriott Rewards Platinum member, we value your business. Your opinion is extremely valuable to me. I would appreciate the chance to speak with you in person to clear up some misunderstandings as well as apologize on a personal basis. I’d like to clarify that we do have Adobe in the Business Centre for all of our guests to use as well as a boarding pass dedicated computer. As well, HBO is not currently available due to licensing laws in Canada and I don’t see that this has changed but will look into again. We welcome you to stay with us again so that we can win your loyalty and again, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed here on a Priceline gamble for $64 per night. I would not be pleased at the $200 rack rate. Therefore, I can rate overall value as only middling.

The hotel is up to typical Courtyard standards. Nicely appointed rooms with a good TV selection on the flat screen (some channels in HD) and a reasonably comfortable bed (but it's definitely not a Hilton). No free breakfast, and no free coffee available except the typically crappy DIY room coffee selection. Free parking (a rarity in the GTA, and even at the hotels down the street). 15 minutes to the airport at non-peak times, and just off the 401 amongst office buildings. Convenient location if you know the area and have a quality GPS with traffic notifications. Nice business center and lobby.

The 401 --- the busiest highway in Canada --- is a double edged sword: easy access to the airport, but just awful at rush hour (which is seemingly almost all the time nowadays). And the odd-numbered rooms face the highway; the traffic drone is definitely audible, although the heater-A/C unit can mask it. Request an even-numbered room. The hotel even provides ear plugs!

Very fast Wi-Fi (2-3 MB/second depending on the location), one of the best I've seen in any hotel. And no password required.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms only. Traffic noise on the odd-numbered room side.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
DavidStarsky,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us, and glad you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your compliments about our facility as well your helpful comments to future travelers. We do have free coffee in the lobby every morning until 10:00AM so I'm truly sorry you missed that! We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.