After traveling on a nine hour flight from Europe we were very tired and were hoping this hotel would provide us a nice, quiet evening to relax after our long trip.
The first problem was that even though this hotel is visible from the expressway, there isn't an exit where it is at despite the way it looked on our map. Instead of coming across an exit, we ended up on another expressway, which also did not have frequent exits. We eventually made it back to the airport and found our way taking side streets from there. What we had hoped would've been a couple minutes drive ended up taking us around an hour to find. Even the people working at the parking area we had used looked at the map and couldn't tell us how to get there and the hotel was only a short distance from their lot.
Then we had the extreme misfortune of being there when a soccer tournament was going on. The kids used the lobby space to practice their soccer and nobody from the front desk told them to stop. Of course there were no adults around supervising the children. I got hit by one of their balls while on the computer and of course no apologies. I guess I was in their way.
In the room, there were two bottles of water and a paper tag around it saying "enjoy with our compliments." My husband didn't think it was free at first, it usually isn't, but when he read the tag, he read it as being free (isn't that what compliments means?) and so we drank it. I was surprised to receive a bill for this when we got home. Had there been nothing at all on the bottle, or a fee sheet, as every other hotel that offered beverages on this trip did, we would've known that this wasn't free.
The refrigerator was unplugged, which we didn't realize until the next day. Why would the refrigerator be left unplugged? This was not the case in other hotels that offered refrigerators.
The positives of this hotel is that the room was large and quiet and it had an indoor pool.
Overall, I was very disappointed in this hotel. Maybe we just hit it at a bad time with the soccer tournament, but after being on a long flight, we really expected something much better from a Marriott hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Mississauga/Meadowvale offers the perfect choice for business or pleasure travelers. Our guest rooms and suites offer luxury bedding, FREE Wi-Fi and mini-fridge. Within 2 miles / 5 km of dozens of Canadian Headquarters of Fortune 500 companies like GE, Microsoft, Maple Leaf, Loblaws, Wal-Mart, DuPont, RBC, Baxter and GSK. Our state-of-the-art lobby provides inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news and weather via our GoBoard. The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. provides healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. We offer complimentary local corporate shuttle service, a fitness centre, indoor pool and whirlpool. A business center and boarding pass printing service is also available. The closest Marriott hotel to the new Toronto Premium Outlets. Your stay at Courtyard Toronto/Mississauga Meadowvale is more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale Hotel Mississauga
- Courtyard Mississauga
- Mississauga Courtyard
- Courtyard Toronto Mississauga Meadowvale