“Artisano gives much better food than Panera Bread”

Artisano Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #670 of 1,661 Restaurants in Mississauga
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Artisano gives much better food than Panera Bread”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Great assortment of soups, salads and sandwiches and wonderful pizza! Sundays they have a great brunch and their Butternut Squash soup is to die for! Never had a lunch there I didn't like!

Visited January 2014

Oakville, Canada
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My wife brought our daughter into the bathroom upon arrival and I used the men's. When she met me at the front counter she said I cannot believe how smelly and disgusting the restroom was. I was shocked that she had the same experience I did. If a place has two bathrooms that are that dirty, how dirty is the kitchen?

We told the staff they seemed concerned. It was our first time visiting so we decided to stay and give them a chance to redeem themselves. They only dug the hole deeper.

I ordered a turkey, green apple and Brie sandwich with a caesar salad to start. The salad tasted like wet lettuce. No flavour. Box sourced croutons (at a bread place which is a shame). I had two bites and put it aside. The coleslaw was dry and tasted like it was left out for the entire weekend. One bite and spit back out into the ramekin. The sandwich had decent bread. The Brie was low quality and dry. The chef was a sweetheart and made the pieces on my sandwich 90% rinds.

My wife got the lasagna and was happy with it.

The chocolate chip cookie was as hard as a hockey puck. Tasted like it was made from a box at a place that claims to be a bakery.

This place will be out of business in 2014 almost guaranteed with so many other better choices on the same black and panera bread right across the street. Panera is clean, food is good and pricing is the same. Bye bye artisano. Clean yourselves up.

Toronto
“What happen!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We have always enjoyed Artisano, but we were extremely disapointed during our last Sunday brunch November 17. The omelette were dried and bacon, home fries cold. Also, the forgot to give us the fruit wich was included.

The place needs a good cleaning ! Check the window seal !

• Visited November 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“Good food, dirty environment”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had a pizza and greek salad which were fine (may have forgotten the cucumbers). We could not find a decent table to sit at although the place was not too busy, just lots of tables that were not cleared; we asked staff to clear some tables. Even with the clearing, tables and chairs seemed dirtier than average restaurant. Female washroom had no toilet paper or hand towels. Enjoyed it the first time we went, second time (a Sunday, maybe it is not as well supervised on weekends?) was not a pleasant experience. Not planning to return.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, NY
“Nice informal place”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Walking in, you would initially think you were in a Panera Bread by mistake. The general layout and atmosphere is very similar as is the range of offerings. They both must work off the same business model. But there are big differences, making the experience much more enjoyable.

Generally speaking the quality is higher, food is tastier, and ingredients are fresher. & they also serve beer and wine. (I compare them to the US counterpart with which I am familiar.)

One of us had a beet salad; the other a half sandwich & half salad. Quality and quantity were great. It's not haute cuisine, but it fills the bill. Surroundings were pleasant and clean. Staff was helpful and patient as we worked through the menu options.

• Visited August 2013