“Fine for the price.”

Ranked #45 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Welland, Canada
“Fine for the price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

This hotel was fine, a decent hotel room, clean, friendly staff. Nothing exceptional but fine for a a night stay or two. The price was good, and there was a free continental breakfast included. The location was also good for us as we had time to kill between a wedding ceremony and wedding reception, the mall is just across the road.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

I found this hotel through a discount travel website. We paid just under 200 including tax for two nights in a whirlpool suite including buffet breakfasts both mornings, free internet and parking. We stayed midweek (Wed-Fri) for a in town getaway. It's listed as a 3 star. I agree, although I felt it was on the high end of that rating. I'd say 3.5

Check in was great, quick with no problems and friendly staff. Our room was fresh, clean and nicely decorated with good bed linens and towels. The bath soaps, and lotions were nice as well. We had a king size bed that was comfy. The decor was decent, neutral and modern. We didn't get a chance to try the breakfast, we slept in both days. The buffet ran from 7-10am. The housekeeper was very helpful and friendly, and did an awesome job with our room.

There was a great entertainment complex nearby (maybe 1km) with a plethora of restaurants, coffee houses and a movie theater. But thats about it, its in an office/industrial environment, there isn't much else around there.

The only negative I have to say about the whole experience was the noise that the filling of the jacuzzi either above or below us made (we couldn't figure out where it was coming from). It was almost deafening. We were watching a movie and couldn't turn the volume up high enough. Thankfully it only lasted for 15 minutes and the occasional intermittent warm up.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

In the past month of August, I had a friend who was coming from overseas to visit my family. Months in advance, he reserved and got charged in his credit card for a room at Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga/Toronto West. Reservations and payments where made trough Hotels.com in Brazil. On the scheduled date of arrival, he missed a connecting flight to Canada and got stuck in Panama for 2 days, waiting for the next available flight. He contact me and on his behalf I called the hotel to inform then my friend would arrive 2 days later, just to make sure the room would be guaranteed. The attendant made a note on the reservation and said that everything was ok, the room was reserved and saved for him. I called one more time a day later to inform that would be a late arrival and they told me everything was ok. I spoke with Marina all this time. She was very polite and professional.
But the worst was yet to come. When my friend arrived 2 days later, I pick him up at the airport and arrived at the hotel around 2 am. Upon entering the lobby, the attendant start shaking his head and I sensed something was wrong. I informed him my friend had reservations, and he said there was no room available at all. We should him a voucher from Hotels.com and I explained that I had called twice and spoke to Marina about this reservation. He went to a desk and pick up a paper with many handwritten notes, all of them regarding my friend reservations. He said sorry, but he didn t had any room available and he could do anything. My friend didn t speak English, so I ask how would be possible that they didn t honor a reservation that was made months in advance and was paid for. The attendant replied that my friend paid hotels.com, not the hotel. After a little bit of argument he decided to call another location, which was too far, and arranged for a room there for my friend, but he told us that even for the next few days he was unsure if he would have a room available. On the way to the other location, almost 3 in the morning, I decided to take my friend to another motel down the street that was a lot cheaper and at least the staff was friendly. At the end, we try to contact the hotel several times but they refused to issue a refund for a reservation they didn t honor. Basically they kept the money and rented the room to someone else. I only have one name for this ... Eventually my friend went back to Brazil and after may calls with hotels.com, he was able to retrieve only part of the money. My call to you is if you plan to reserve online, make extra sure you will have the room before you get there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank MaiYYZ

Travellers are raving about these Mississauga hotels

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My elderly father stayed here for an extended period last spring. The staff were so kind to him, really made him feel at home.
Most importantly, though, when he collapsed in the dining room one evening, the staff here was quick to get him the medical attention he needed. They handled his belongings with care,as he had to leave them behind, and when he returned to stay again, they welcomed him back and made him feel at home.
It's rare these days to find a business with employees who care. This has been a difficult time for my family and i just wanted to take the time to really appreciate the management and staff at the Monte Carlo Inn.
DS

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank sm_art_1970
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

My wife and I had our wedding reception at the Renaissance by the Creek down the street from this hotel. So we decided to spend our wedding night here prior to leaving on our honeymoon. Our first mistake was not checking in to this hotel before heading over to the reception and maybe things would have turn out differently, but this is how the events of the night unfolded.

At the end of our wedding reception, which was about 2:30am, we had headed over to the hotel to get a few hours of sleep before our 7am flight to the Bahamas. We parked the car in the parking lot and proceeded to the check - in counter. We had reserved a Wedding Suite well over 2 months in advance. The clerk unfortunantly was dealing with some other issues before us as there were a few upset customers in the lobby of this hotel. When he had finished with them, we told him we had reservations for a Wedding Suite and he told us the hotel was totally booked up. I told him again that we had reservations that were made months in advance, and he appoligized and said he had given our room away to someone else. I was just floored when I heard this. How on earth can a hotel give away a room you reserve on a credit card away like that. At this point it was already past 3am and we were tired and had an early morning flight ahead of us, he did say that he had 1 single room left on the first floor, so I told him sure , we just needed somewhere to sleep for a few hours. Well this room seemed like it was in the basement of the hotel and smelt so bad of cigarette smoke. The curtains did not close at all. He then had the nerve to ask me for my credit card for any incidentals on the room during our stay, I blasted him and said that they already had our credit card on file from the room we were supposed to have that we reserved months in advance. He was so frazzled that lost at this point. We checked out at 6am and went on our honeymoon, upon our arrival back I had contacted Monte Carlo head office and they were never even made aware of what had happened, they said the would contact the manager and get back to me. They called me back and said that the shift prior to our check in and a computer glitch and their system went down and lost our reservations, and that the had given our room to someone else that was staing there from our wedding. Just a bunch of BS if you ask me. None the less I do not recommend this hotel at all, i would have rathered had stayed in my car before going through all that on my wedding night.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Carlos197832
fricken, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time and writing to us about your experience.

I apologize for your inconveniences that evening and would like you to know that we did have a power outage that deleted our reservations and although some were recovered unfortunately we were not able to recover yours.The night auditor did the best they could in this situation and only had a room left on the 1st level which is a smoking floor. The Hotel does take responsibility for this isolated, unfortunate event and hopes that you will afford our company another opportunity for future accommodations so that we as a hotel are able to restore your confidence in our product and service.
At this time I would like to thank you for drawing these matters to my attention. A client feedback is very important to our establishment as it assists us in monitoring our services and make appropriate changes where necessary.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband and I were celebrating our 1st year anniversary and he surprised me with a stay at the Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West. I wasn't allowed to see where we were going and when we first pulled up to the hotel and he told me to look I must say I wasn't sure what to expect. Boy was I surprised when we walked in to the room... It was GORGEOUS. A jacuzzi, beautiful bedding, nice tvs and a bottle of Wine with two glasses and a note on the table. The note read: " Congratulations, from the Staff and Management" so they had given us a bottle of wine on the house because it was our anniversary. What a nice added touch. Needless to say the stay ended just as great as it started. The front desk attendant was very smily as she wished us a nice day when we were checking out. I will defininetly be back in the near future and will recommend this hotel to EVERYONE!! Thanks for making our anniversary special!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

The hotel is off the beaten path and looks okay from the outside and the lobby is fair. The rooms are very basic and small. The bed was like sleeping on cardboard. This hotel was rated a 3 star on priceline and should be downgraded to a 2 star at best.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank zoomzoomguy
fricken, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
At this time I would like to thank you for drawing these matters to my attention. A client feedback is very important to our establishment, as it assists us in monitoring our services and make appropriate improvements where necessary. The Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West has recently been renovated adding a 4th floor of spacious suites as well as adding many amenites including (flat screen televisions, complimentary breakfast in the lobby, Internet Kiosk in the Lobby, highspeed throughout the hotel, Monte Carlo Inn Brand Mattress' - sleeping on a cloud).
Because many of our customers have different preferences, some enjoy the firmer mattress and others a soft one, we always urge our guests to call our Front Desk staff if they are not satisfied and we will do everything we can to make a stay more pleasant. Whether that be changing a room (if we have availability) or sending down a Housekeeping Supervisor on Duty to assit in your needs. We are in the hospitality Sector and our customer is our number one priority and we would like our hotel to be "your home away from home".

Once Again thank you for your feeback and I hope that you will afford us another opportunity for future accommodations, so that we as a hotel are able to restore your confidence in our services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites
Etobicoke
Canadas Best Value Inn Toronto
Admiral Inn & Suites
#7 of 60 in Mississauga

Been to Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West? Share your experiences!