“Moe good than very good”

Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West
Ranked #45 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Episkopi, Cyprus
“Moe good than very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

If you're looking for something comfortable, good on the pocket with friendly staff then here's the place. Rooms are a good size with fridge, microwave, good size bed and TV, an area to work and free wifi. Close to loads of shops and restaurants and idelaly located for Hwy 427 amongst others to get in to the centre of Toronto. Selection for continental breakfast which comes with the price is ok, offer al dat tean and coffee too. Only criticism is that the breakfast area itself is very small. Anymore than 6 people and its over crowded. However, you can always take your food/drink back to the room. Would stop again if I'm in the area

Room Tip: if you're not travelling alone go for the suite option with jacuzzi bath.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kingston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

This is a very industrial area of Toronto so unless you are staying in that area for a reason not much to do, limited places to eat unless you want fast food. Excellent price for the hotel. I was disappointed with the lack of signage as to where the rooms were, the hotel is like a maze so it took me a while to find my room. The room was way too hot and no way to adjust the thermostat. This was a no frills hotel, but for the price I would stay there again if I found myself having to be in that end of Toronto/Mississauga.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Altona, Manitoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Great value! Stayed here November 2011 and was amazed at the quality for the price. Room was very clean, nicely decorated and comfy beds. Staff was acceptional - packed us breakfast (without asking for it!) to accomodate our early flight! Had supper in the restaurant - great food and reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Welland, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

This hotel was fine, a decent hotel room, clean, friendly staff. Nothing exceptional but fine for a a night stay or two. The price was good, and there was a free continental breakfast included. The location was also good for us as we had time to kill between a wedding ceremony and wedding reception, the mall is just across the road.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

I found this hotel through a discount travel website. We paid just under 200 including tax for two nights in a whirlpool suite including buffet breakfasts both mornings, free internet and parking. We stayed midweek (Wed-Fri) for a in town getaway. It's listed as a 3 star. I agree, although I felt it was on the high end of that rating. I'd say 3.5

Check in was great, quick with no problems and friendly staff. Our room was fresh, clean and nicely decorated with good bed linens and towels. The bath soaps, and lotions were nice as well. We had a king size bed that was comfy. The decor was decent, neutral and modern. We didn't get a chance to try the breakfast, we slept in both days. The buffet ran from 7-10am. The housekeeper was very helpful and friendly, and did an awesome job with our room.

There was a great entertainment complex nearby (maybe 1km) with a plethora of restaurants, coffee houses and a movie theater. But thats about it, its in an office/industrial environment, there isn't much else around there.

The only negative I have to say about the whole experience was the noise that the filling of the jacuzzi either above or below us made (we couldn't figure out where it was coming from). It was almost deafening. We were watching a movie and couldn't turn the volume up high enough. Thankfully it only lasted for 15 minutes and the occasional intermittent warm up.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

In the past month of August, I had a friend who was coming from overseas to visit my family. Months in advance, he reserved and got charged in his credit card for a room at Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga/Toronto West. Reservations and payments where made trough Hotels.com in Brazil. On the scheduled date of arrival, he missed a connecting flight to Canada and got stuck in Panama for 2 days, waiting for the next available flight. He contact me and on his behalf I called the hotel to inform then my friend would arrive 2 days later, just to make sure the room would be guaranteed. The attendant made a note on the reservation and said that everything was ok, the room was reserved and saved for him. I called one more time a day later to inform that would be a late arrival and they told me everything was ok. I spoke with Marina all this time. She was very polite and professional.
But the worst was yet to come. When my friend arrived 2 days later, I pick him up at the airport and arrived at the hotel around 2 am. Upon entering the lobby, the attendant start shaking his head and I sensed something was wrong. I informed him my friend had reservations, and he said there was no room available at all. We should him a voucher from Hotels.com and I explained that I had called twice and spoke to Marina about this reservation. He went to a desk and pick up a paper with many handwritten notes, all of them regarding my friend reservations. He said sorry, but he didn t had any room available and he could do anything. My friend didn t speak English, so I ask how would be possible that they didn t honor a reservation that was made months in advance and was paid for. The attendant replied that my friend paid hotels.com, not the hotel. After a little bit of argument he decided to call another location, which was too far, and arranged for a room there for my friend, but he told us that even for the next few days he was unsure if he would have a room available. On the way to the other location, almost 3 in the morning, I decided to take my friend to another motel down the street that was a lot cheaper and at least the staff was friendly. At the end, we try to contact the hotel several times but they refused to issue a refund for a reservation they didn t honor. Basically they kept the money and rented the room to someone else. I only have one name for this ... Eventually my friend went back to Brazil and after may calls with hotels.com, he was able to retrieve only part of the money. My call to you is if you plan to reserve online, make extra sure you will have the room before you get there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank MaiYYZ

Travellers are raving about these Mississauga hotels

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My elderly father stayed here for an extended period last spring. The staff were so kind to him, really made him feel at home.
Most importantly, though, when he collapsed in the dining room one evening, the staff here was quick to get him the medical attention he needed. They handled his belongings with care,as he had to leave them behind, and when he returned to stay again, they welcomed him back and made him feel at home.
It's rare these days to find a business with employees who care. This has been a difficult time for my family and i just wanted to take the time to really appreciate the management and staff at the Monte Carlo Inn.
DS

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank sm_art_1970
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites
Etobicoke
Canadas Best Value Inn Toronto
Admiral Inn & Suites
#7 of 60 in Mississauga

Been to Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West? Share your experiences!