When my boyfriend and I first arrived at our room we saw that our front door opened to a very poorly insulated outside balcony. Directly beside our door we had a large window that faced the balcony and the streets below it. We dropped our bags off and then left to go to a Christmas party we were attending down the road. We returned to our room around 2: 30AM and as we were walking to our room we were approached by an African American man who looked to be in his mid to late twenties asking us if he could join us in our room. We of course turned him down and continued on our way feeling very disturbed and unnerved. When we got back to our room my boyfriend and I began getting ready for bed, and just before I was about to change my clothes I noticed the curtains were open. As I was trying to close them I locked eyes with the same man we were just approached by in the hall. He had followed us and hidden himself at the side of our window and was peering in at us. He had positioned himself so we would not be able to see him unless we walked right up to the window and looked to the left. I ran away from the window and called my boyfriend over, but by that time the man was gone. We began trying to close the curtains but unfortunately they do not close. A few minutes later the man came back and stood dead centre of the window and was staring in at us again. My boyfriend went out and confronted him and told him to get lost and after much convincing the man finally left. We used my earring to pin the curtains together so if he came back he at least wouldn’t be able to see in again. We called the front desk right away and explained the situation and they said they would send someone up. They didn’t ask for his description, they didn’t offer to change our room, and we didn’t hear anything from them again. I didn’t sleep at all that night and suffered a panic attack because of how unsafe I felt at this hotel, and how uncared for the staff made us feel. The next morning at check out we told our story to the man working at the front desk and his response was “oh...that’s weird” and that was that. The hotel and staff failed us time and time again to handle this very serious situation. Looking back I wish I had called the police, because this was a very serious violation that was handled with such carelessness. After staying at this hotel I not only felt violated and disrespected by that man, but from the staff as well. I will never stay at any of the Monte Carlo hotels again, but my hope in writing this is that this doesn’t happen to another unassuming guest, because it could have ended much worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Inns – Toronto West Suites™ is proud to be one of the most conveniently located hotels in Mississauga, Ontario. Our hotel combines comfortable hotel accommodations with proximity to the heart of the commercial and financial district of Toronto West/Mississauga, minutes from downtown Toronto and just a stone’s throw from major local attractions like the Pearson International Airport, Sherway Gardens Shopping Centre and a wealth of restaurants, pubs and theatres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West Hotel Mississauga
- Monte Carlo Hotel Mississauga