“Peeping Tom”

Ranked #45 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ajax, Canada
“Peeping Tom”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

When my boyfriend and I first arrived at our room we saw that our front door opened to a very poorly insulated outside balcony. Directly beside our door we had a large window that faced the balcony and the streets below it. We dropped our bags off and then left to go to a Christmas party we were attending down the road. We returned to our room around 2: 30AM and as we were walking to our room we were approached by an African American man who looked to be in his mid to late twenties asking us if he could join us in our room. We of course turned him down and continued on our way feeling very disturbed and unnerved. When we got back to our room my boyfriend and I began getting ready for bed, and just before I was about to change my clothes I noticed the curtains were open. As I was trying to close them I locked eyes with the same man we were just approached by in the hall. He had followed us and hidden himself at the side of our window and was peering in at us. He had positioned himself so we would not be able to see him unless we walked right up to the window and looked to the left. I ran away from the window and called my boyfriend over, but by that time the man was gone. We began trying to close the curtains but unfortunately they do not close. A few minutes later the man came back and stood dead centre of the window and was staring in at us again. My boyfriend went out and confronted him and told him to get lost and after much convincing the man finally left. We used my earring to pin the curtains together so if he came back he at least wouldn’t be able to see in again. We called the front desk right away and explained the situation and they said they would send someone up. They didn’t ask for his description, they didn’t offer to change our room, and we didn’t hear anything from them again. I didn’t sleep at all that night and suffered a panic attack because of how unsafe I felt at this hotel, and how uncared for the staff made us feel. The next morning at check out we told our story to the man working at the front desk and his response was “oh...that’s weird” and that was that. The hotel and staff failed us time and time again to handle this very serious situation. Looking back I wish I had called the police, because this was a very serious violation that was handled with such carelessness. After staying at this hotel I not only felt violated and disrespected by that man, but from the staff as well. I will never stay at any of the Monte Carlo hotels again, but my hope in writing this is that this doesn’t happen to another unassuming guest, because it could have ended much worse.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elise M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for business. Great service at counter. Rather ordinary hotel with a simple continental breakfast included. Business service included beside front desk. Room has a microwave and fridge. Lots of guests are there for a descent night sleep with business in area. I would recommend this hotel . Lots of restaurants in area

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Tracey N
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The place was very comfortable, rooms clean and staff friendly. The buffet breakfast was very good. The room had microwave and a small fridge; very useful items. Coffee supply in the room was limited (two cups coffee max!). Easy to get to and the room was quiet, in spite of being near the airport.
I had booked a room with single bed through expedia, but later called the hotel and asked if I could have two beds instead and I was advised I would have to pay extra for the two bed room (which was not the case on the original booking site). In the end, I did not use the extra bed, but ended up paying the extra charges, even though I had advised at check in that I only needed one bed. That was a disappointment, but otherwise a good stay.

Room Tip: I was on floor 5 and that was very comfortable and away from noise; the ground floor rooms could be...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rama N
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Nice place for a short visit. The staff was friendly and rooms were clean. Rooms have a microwave and fridge, which makes it convenient if you need them. The walls are thin so if you are a light sleeper, you may need ear plugs. You can hear people talking through the walls and in the hallway sometimes. Breakfast was good with an assortment of freshly cut fruit, oatmeal, orange juice, and toast/bagels. The cleaning staff seems to start early in the morning so just be aware! In terms of location, it is a short drive to the highway and there are food options available nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 4GTravels
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Good service,comfortable bed and very good continental breakfast.
Staff is well trained and ready to help.
I recommend this property to Toronto visitors!
Airport shuttles service may be improved with less wait time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chetan G
Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as it was close to where I was working the next day. Initial shock over how small it was in the lobby and breakfast area. Front desk staff were nice. Get to my room and it's ok. Everything worked, but it wasn't a great layout. The tv was hung hung on the wall and couldn't be adjusted, so I couldn't work at the desk and watch tv at the same time. Great wireless, fast speed (could stream video). Bed was hard. Breakfast wasn't much, coffee, oj, toast, cereal, muffins. The area is so tiny that only one person at a time can really get breakfast. Wasn't a problem when I was there. Not sure if I would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Mississauga hotels

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Recommended by the wedding couple because of the close proximity to the Church and Banquet facilities, we were a little apprehensive when we read it had a 2-star rating; but, we were quite surprised to find out we had had nothing to worry about after all!
We couldn't have asked for a cleaner and more comfortable room, and a friendlier staff. Tony and Roger at the desk, and Charlotte in housekeeping made our stay even more enjoyable, because of their warm and welcoming personalities.
We think that the hotel was rated a 2-star because of the small eat-in area for the morning breakfast, and because it didn't and couldn't, offer the amenities that the larger hotels could. Nonetheless, this Inn provided all we needed, and we weren't in the least bit disappointed. And, the price was right!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites
Etobicoke
Canadas Best Value Inn Toronto
Admiral Inn & Suites
#7 of 60 in Mississauga

Been to Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West? Share your experiences!