“Hit and Miss!?”

Bistro Narra
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistro Narra is where true quality is not merely defined by delicious taste and superb service... You should also feel at home.
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I had been waiting for a chance to taste test what people had been raving about Bistro Narra. Here is the verdict: Food was excellent in taste and well presented, not to mention it's reasonable price for an upscale restaurant. That being said however, customer service needs improvement as they were understaffed on a sunday evening with approximately 25 people in the room. Two servers on the floor and 4 people in the kitchen. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be enough employees in proportion to the number of patrons. Our server was inattentive but friendly. She's probably new so I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

I so wanted to give them five stars but, I want to be forthright about my whole experience.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Several of my friends had told me about this new restaurant, Narra, in Mississauga, and today I paid my first visit for lunch. We had a fabulous goulash soup followed by the daily salad ( warm ) and both were excellent. Overall, the menu seemed most interesting but we were still in our post-Holiday diet modes. These will end soon enough, and we look forward to sampling more of their cuisine then.

Service was good.

Only drawback was that the front, where we were sitting, was drafty when the doors opened.

Otherwise, two thumbs up! We'll be back.

Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

This is not a big place, so reservation for weekend evenings are highly recommended. The price is very reasonable, but food quality cam match that of those fancy downtown restaurants that will cost you arm and a leg.
The servers are always friendly, and treat everyone like they are all VIP. My wife and I now understand why our friend love this place. We will definitely come back, eventhough we live at the other side of town.

1  Thank CZLai
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We were thrilled when this restaurant opened. I have hesitated in doing a review for sometime, since I was torn between giving them their duly-earned praise and wanting to keep it from becoming so well known that we would no longer be able to get a table! It is a short 10-minute walk from our home. No worries about drinking and driving! We have eaten here many times, both for dinner and for the weekend brunch, although we have not yet tried it for lunch, since we are usually away at work. As others have noted it is relatively small, with a simplistic, modern decor. The focus is on the eating experience. We have found the service to be consistently attentive and professional. The food is fabulous. The ingredients are fresh and the combinations are often unique, but invariably tasty. Franz is an accomplished and adventurous chef, who knows how to deliver great meals. Our most recent visit was on New Year's Eve where they had a delicious and reasonably-priced, special, three-course, prix fixe menu. Normally they are not open on Mondays, but they were busy right from 5:00 pm until closing. As always, dinner was enjoyable and relaxing.

1  Thank CanuckTravlr
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I read some great reviews for Bistro Narra right here on Trip Advisor! I was looking for a nice place away from the holiday shopping crowds to take some out of town visitors for lunch. Thank you Trip Advisor reviewers for recommending Bistro Narra! We were impressed by the variety of options on the menu...I had a delicious ham and cheese crepe and a fresh salad...and the prices are very reasonable. The decor is tasteful, bright and comfortable. We felt like VIPs with service that was beyond compare...very attentive, polite and fast service! I will definitely be going back.

3  Thank Debbie C