“Perfect airport hotel”

Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect airport hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our return trip. The room was very nice and the bed extremely comfortable. The shuttle service between the airport was great (every half hours). Complementary Wifi in the room and breakfast was included. Great price and I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
SueBes,

I agree we are the Perfect Airport Hotel.

With Free 24 hour airport shuttle, free breakfast; free WIFI, free local calls, free newspapers, free coffee in the lobby 24 hrs, what more could you ask for.

As I am sure you found out, we are just moments from the Lester B Pearson International Airport; we are the second closest hotel to the airport itself.

I am so glad you found our beds very comfortable, we just replaced the mattresses and a whole lot more.

Again thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites Toronto Airport, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Warren Bowles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Each trip I book, I always try to stay at a hotel that has a great location, breakfast included, free wifi and free parking. Hampton Inn meets all of my requirements...ninety percent of the time. This hotel is no different.

ROOMS:
Fresh, updated and clean. The decor is modern and ambiance is great. Plus, the bed is comfy and the sheets are soft.

BREAKFAST:
They have All Bran AND 35 calorie yogurt, in addition to a wide choice of breakfast items. As a female taking her nana's advice to "watch your figure or no one else will", this is awesome. They also have fruit salad, scrambled eggs, sausage links, oatmeal, coffee, juices, fruits. Great choice, considering it's included in the room price.

PARKING:
Park'n'fly is now offered on-site. Yes! No more needing to take the shuttle to the Park'n'fly. Love this. Pick up is prompt, even at 2am when you've landed from your all inclusive vacation

WIFI:
It's easily accessible and fast.

Hampton Inn, you may only be a 2.5* hotel, BUT you have everything a traveler could want. Thanks for another great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Becca M,

We love having you at the Hampton Inn and Suites.

Thank you so much for the great review!

You sound like a very experienced traveler and with the title Senior Reviewer on Trip Advisor your thoughts are important to us.

We had just recently finished our renovations. The rooms look great and the lobby even better. Have you tried the new Oatmeal on our breakfast if not you must give it a try. I bought a box myself to cook at home I like it so much.

Yes the wide selection on our breakfast is a great values add whenever you stay with us. That with the free WIFi and free Local calls gives you the biggest bang for your dollar.

Again thank you for your great comments, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel with the park-sleep-fly deal before an early morning flight. Upon arrival we were told that the car required to be parked 2 km away from the hotel. We were completely dismayed as there was not any mention of this policy upon booking this reservation or in subsequent confirmation emails. The staff did acknowledge our concern and we did park at the hotel. It appears that this is something that is not publicized with this deal.
However, we were pleased with the shuttle service both to and from Pearson International Airport. We found the room clean and serviceable for our needs

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lwandkw
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Iwandkw,

Thank you for your review.

I am very happy to hear you were pleased with our 24 hour Airport shuttle service, along with our Clean rooms.

From January to March we have many a traveler taking advantage of our great Park stay and Go package including 8 days of parking for only $15.00 more on our regular rates. We do advertise the package on our website as offsite parking all year long, but really only enforce that during our peak times.

We have so many people booking the package we do not have enough parking on site to accommodate them and our overnight guests the rest of the week, so we pay for the offsite parking with Park N Fly. It is a great arrangement as their lot is gated and secured.

I am so glad our staff was able to accommodate you onsite, and took great care of you.
We look forward to seeing you again next year or sooner if the need arises.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were sent to this Hotel by Air Canada when we missed a connection and had to stay overnight. Bus from airport was fine but full, only just got on it! We arrived at around 2am and needed to get into the room quickly as we needed to leave 4 hours later for our flight. We had a voucher from Air Canada so we didnt have to pay for the room but the receptionist messed about asking for credit cards! We were only there for 4 hours, what did thet think we would spend! Took a while to get to our room but it was large and comfortable, we were pleasantly surprised. Only issue was that the coffee maker had tissue in it which made me think the cleaner just wiped around it!
When we left the following day we caught the bus fairly easily but the driver was so unpleasant and really rude to some of the other people trying to get on the bus. He obviously doesn't like his job so why do they employ him.
Overall the hotel was average but I wouldnt choose to stay there again because of the annoying receptionist and the horrible bus driver.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Karensolihull,

Thank you for your review. Being a top contributor with 95 reviews to date, tells me you travel extensively and your thoughts about your unexpected stay are greatly valued.

I do apologize about asking for the credit cards at check in, we do so in case of any incidental charges to the rooms like phone calls. In the past, delayed passengers have had somebody they needed to call to say they are held up and have been upset when they had to come back down to leave a credit card. It is much quicker to do so at check in.

Trip advisor is a great tool and helpful when making travel decisions, and allows everybody to do so anonymously which helps with honest posts. It however makes it difficult to follow up in detail with a specific incident. I really hope you reach out to me directly so I can see which staff member I can address some retraining with.

I am happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised with your room. We take great pride in our recent renovations, with the Lobby and the rooms themselves.

Your stay might not have been a planned one, but I really hope you still will consider us if you find yourself in our area.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed in this property for a business Trip. Rooms were comfortable, Wireless and breakfast included in the very affordable rate. There is a shuttle that takes you from the airport and they will take you to some other places as well. Finding something to eat was easy, and the property has a pool and a small gym. The gym could be a little bigger and add a rowing machine, but you have the basic tools to keep fit. My meetings were not in downtown, so I was at the business in 20 minutes and was able to make it back at the airport at 5:30 (considered rush hour) in a little over half hour, which was excellent. I will be back to this hotel if I have to go again for business

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Trotamundo69,

Thank you so much for the great review.

The greatest thing about staying at Hampton Inn and Suites is all the great value. The extensive free hot breakfast in the morning, the free internet, free coffee-tea 24 hours, free newspaper, free local calls, free breakfast bags to go Monday to Friday. What more can you ask for.

The fitness room has just been upgraded with the free weights, and new machines with the personal TV’s from Startrak.

We look forward to having you back the next time you are in town for Business, or even just to visit.

Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2012

For years I stayed at the Hilton chain and loved it, about a year ago I had a terrible stay at the DoubleTree - Toronto Airport (extremely RUDE Desk Clerk) and I stopped using the chain, period. In that year I stayed roughly 150 nights (Hilton's lose) at other chains....mostly the HI - Crowne Plaza's.

I decided to stay at the Hampton again, as I always liked the chain...now I remeber why I stopped. This hotel is terrible for traveler's. My biggest beef is the so called "High Speed" internet. I remember my old dial up account and in comparision it was lighting quick. It took on average 2-3 minutes to load a simple email and forget reading the news, webpages took up to 15 minutes. The desk was small and the chair broken.

The bathroom sink was broken, the coffee maker was broken, no fridge in the room (I thought they all had them?) On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and the Staff very nice.

While I've lost most of my Status (Gold now), I wasn't really " Welcomed Back" to the Hilton. I was always upgraded and the room came with water and snacks, I thought "I guess they don't do that here" until I ran into the "Snack Guy", pushing a cart of goodies for the Guest's that I was once a valued member of.

I tarvel at least 45 weeks a year and will continue to check into Hotels all over North America, they just won't be Hilton's and they it won't be this Hampton for sure.

Room Tip: Good place to stay if you're looking for a clean, comfortable bed. Forget getting anything done...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank C.Parsley
C.Parsley,

I am so glad you took the time to send in this review. Only through feedback both good and bad will we ever know how our guests are enjoying their stay.

In reference to the WIFI and its speed, you were the second person to mention an issue in so many days. I have already asked our vendor to take a close look at our complete system. This is far from the regular situation.

You will be happy to know we are already in the process of installing fridge-microwave combo units into our standard rooms, our suites already have them. Yes I do agree it is an expectation these days. I am truly sorry about the other items not working in the room. Rest assured that has already been remedied.

You had mentioned the Welcome Back water and snack; a few years back, we as a Brand started offering guests the choice of the snack or extra bonus Hilton Hhonors points, I wonder what your profile requests.

I am very glad our friendly staff and the comfortable bed made up slightly for the other issues.

I wish to offer my personal apology that we as Hilton have lost your loyalty. I really hope you do try us again, and I assure you what had happened was an unusual occurrence.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed before and after a vacation. Nice experience overall. We had a bit of a wait for the shuttle on both arrivals, but once on board the drive was very short. Nice beds, clean room, friendly staff and an awesome free breakfast. There are no restaurants near the hotel, but the shuttle drove us to one, and came back when we called. Very nice. One complaint: we stayed on the sixth floor, and the free wi-fi didn't reach. So if you need wi-fi, either get a lower room, or you have to go to the lobby.

Room Tip: lower floors for wi-fi access
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Saultites,

Thank you for the review; we greatly appreciate people taking the time to share their thoughts and experiences.

Being the second closest hotel to the Lester B Pearson International Airport does make it a quick trip with our shuttle. We always do our best to take care of each and every need of our guests and I am glad he was able to take you to one of the local restaurants.

I am disappointed to hear you had some trouble with the Wifi. That is why we like to hear from our guests, to address any issues we may not be aware of. We do have access points on every floor, and I have asked our supplier to come in and test each one.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.