Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Sudbury, Canada
“Taken away”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is by far one of the best rooms we've stayed in lately. The bright clean entrance was very welcoming. The staff were friendly and attentive. It is so nice to see happy, smiling staff upon arrival. The fresh fruit and lemon water was so welcoming straight away! Our room was super clean, large and very spacious. Loved that there was a bag of microwave popcorn right on the microwave for us to have! In room fridge was also nice to have. Nice new large tv. Beds and pillows were so comfortable. We were on the 7th floor with a great view. Checking in and out was a breeze. Plenty of parking right out front and off to the side. Highly recommend all to stay here.

Room Tip: Location is very close to the airport. 5 minute drive to the airport and the hotel offers a bus shut...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank iwantmore2011
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2012

I am so glad you were taken away by our great hotel. I agree the fruit is great, but the lemon water is something new we added, and I am so glad it is being so well received by everybody.

There are many hotels in the area, but it is our staff that allows us to stand out from the rest.

Did you know that Hampton actually created their own name for the great comfortable beds and pillows; they called it the “Cloud 9 Program”, and were the first to implement the Clean White duvet look.

I am so glad you had enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you back with us again when your plans take you through Toronto.

Warren Bowles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Allow me to rant (that's what this website is for, after all) My friends and I had an awesome week in Toronto, absolutely awesome. I'm sad that we now must return to Houston. I'll definitely be back, but would I return to this hotel? Ha! Absolutely not. Most of the staff did an excellent job at being kind and helpful (the night auditor guys were very welcoming every time we walked in from a night out...they would always say "hello!" with a genuine smile even though it was late) ....except for the front desk supervisor, his name is Pratap. I thought this guy was having a bad day so I smiled and try to make conversation, but no, this is how he is on a regular basis (by far the furthest from outgoing) I've never seen anyone else in all of my years of existence with a consistent look of disgust on their face in addition to an attitude that screams "You're wasting my time." He looked as if he despised his life/job/people in general and then some. It was worse enough that my friends and I would be stuck in smoking rooms for 5 days with our allergies (Hilton employees are subjected to the least desired room types) When my friend and I looked around in the pantry for something to buy, he stood up against the wall with his arms crossed looking at us as if we were contemplating to steal something. For goodness sake, I'm a sales manager...I don't think so. When my other friends bought something from the pantry, he acted as if they were bothering him. My friend that had his own room asked if he could move to a non-smoking room since it would become available the next day (he had the worst allergies of all) and the front desk supervisor stated, "No, because you requested smoking. That's what you requested." Wow! What's the use in arguing with someone like that? I don't believe the hospitality industry is the right industry for that fellow. You can't hate people, dismiss their needs and have a job in this industry, you just can't. That goes to show either he does not listen or he purposely wants to aggravate guests. Hmmm, wrong industry buddy!! He clearly stated when I checked in that he remembered my non-smoking requests and both times that I called from Houston inquiring about non-smoking rooms. To be fair - The room was clean, the beds were VERY comfortable, the housekeeping team did a fantastic job when they cleaned our rooms (everyone knows they work the hardest), the fitness center was small but VERY clean, and the exterior/ interior of the lobby was well kept. Parking was a disaster, don't come here if you know it will be sold out. Just don't. What a small parking lot for such a decent size hotel. The rest of the staff did not show a bad attitude, to us that is. I probably would have given this property a higher rating if it weren't for that one bipolar JERK. Sometimes he would try to be nice, but it just did not cut it. Totally fake. Our 5 days should have been spent elsewhere (somewhere that has a microwave/refrigerator...it's no fun when your drinks and fruits go bad) but this property was the only one available under my rate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NextStopIsWhere
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn again while we went on a trip south. We used their stay, park and go package. The Inn has upgraded their front lounge/eating area and the hallway carpets. There are also nice new framed prints in the rooms and hallways. They are nice and bright. Their shuttle service is great and we have got to know some of the drivers which makes it even nicer. The front desk staff were super as well. The manager is also a "stand-up" guy.
We will no doubt be back. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LHandJE
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
LhandJH,

Thank you so much.

I am so happy that you posted about our new lobby.

I will admit the renovations were not a fun time, but the results are so great it was worth it.

I love to hear from our repeat guests, it shows we are doing it right that you keep coming back.
And thank you, in this day and age being called a “Stand–up guy” means a lot.

Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed here twice in May. Both times we were able to check in early and quickly.

Terrific complimentary breakfast buffet. Staff is always checking, cleaning and refilling food trays.

Had room on third floor and sixth floor. Very quiet. Comfortable bed, Liked the duvet and choice of hard or soft pillows. (like the soft variety).

Free ample parking.

Premises are clean. Staff is pleasant. Location is handlyto airport and car rental office.l

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
MKS2010,

Thank you for your wonderful post.

We have many guests comment about our great breakfast, it has many selections to meet everybody’s tastes.

Certain packages and corporate rates do include the parking, but like all the hotels at the airport we do charge $12.00 per day.

Many people are surprised at how quite or rooms are, considering we are the second closest hotel to the airport itself. I am so glad the planes did not disturb your great rest.

The comfortable bed, choice of soft or hard pillows, and the duvets are a Hampton specialty; so special they named it the “Cloud 9 Program”.

Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites for your travel choice, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed for 1 night with some business collegue, the check in was kindda sluggish even if there was only5 of us, but the rest of our stay was pretty good. Nice comfortable room, clean. And the free breakfast was good and plenty of choice. Not much around within walking distance so there are better options around the airport.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
WarrenBowles, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
SebnVero,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts.

Yes our location being the second closest hotel to the airport, does put us an area with not much within walking distance. It does however make it a quick trip to and from the airport itself.

I am so glad you found our rooms nice, clean and comfortable. I agree we have the best free breakfast in town; I cannot get enough of the fresh oatmeal we recently have added to the great section.

I am disappointed you had found the check in a little sluggish when the five of you had arrived, i hope you reach out to me directly so I can better understand what happened so can ensure it gets corrected for the future.

Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2012

One night stay before flying out and must say one of the best locations I've stayed at close to the Toronto (LesterB) airport.
Convenient location - although we had a hard time finding it even with two all knowing men in the car - it took a wee bit of driving around.

Parking was an issue - there were no spaces when we arrived; the security guy gave up his parking spot for us before the parking lot police showed to start tagging cars.

Great service, very clean, very nice room, super comfy bed, good wifi, stocked bathroom and shower with good flow and temp water.
Continental brekkie was okay by buffet standards.

I will definitley stay here again ...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Akyraty,

I am so glad you thought of us as one of the best Airport Locations.

Being one of those all knowing men, we never get lost; we just take the scenic route.

I am very glad one of our staff stepped up and moved his car for you; it is only with people like that on our staff will we ever succeed over all those other Airport Hotels.

I look forward to meeting you next time you have an opportunity to stay with us.

Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I love the Hampton Inn. Love the employees, the service, the bedding, the decor. The Toronto location maintains the reputation I have come to love and respect from the Hampton Inn. I was wished a good day when I left the hotel each morning and greeted upon my return each night. The only minor issue was that the ice machine on my floor was broken during the duration of my stay...but again, it was a minor issue.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Irisheyes0213,

Thank you for your wonderful post.

Recognizing each guest is very important to us, we know you have many choices in hotels when you travel, and you chose us, and I thank you for that.

Yes I know the ice machine you are talking about, I am at the mercy of the technician rebuilding the compressor. I was just discussing this today with my maintence manager. I apologize about the minor issue, and I am so glad it was only a minor one.

Thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.