Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport
Ranked #4 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 9 September 2009

This hotel was a nice surprise on our way back home. We had a suite (we were 4 adults and a baby) which was very spacious, clean and comfortable. A few minutes after we checked-in, reception called to make sure everything was allright. The attention to details is what we appreciated the most about this hotel. Beds were very comfortable, furniture beautiful and the amenities of the hotel were nice. Very nice exercise room and pool. The included breakfast was tasty and diversified, the best we've had in our 2 weeks trip. Our suite was 105$ for everyone, which was the best value out there.

If you plan to fly out and park at the airport, this hotel offers a great alternative. For 60$/week, client's parking is offered, including a free shuttle to next door's airport, which runs every 30 minutes. This saves alot vs Pearson's parking, or even Park 'N Fly, which was at the time of our stay 20$ more.

Only drawback is that this hotel charges parking to its customers while staying on site at 12$/car/day. It's understandable when you consider the proximity to the airport, but it's not downtown Toronto either...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed 14 August 2009

The location was EVERYTHING for me.Plus they had power and rooms following a horrific thunderstorm. Free popcorn for the microwave. Great breakfast buffet. Quiet. Clean. New. And a really really good walk-up rate. I will be back.Hopefully in better weather.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2009

This hotel was very clean. The beds were very comfortable and our stay was great. No complaints whatsoever. Great value, including breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2009

I have stayed at several hotels at Toronto Airport, and this one was definitely the best one so far - modern, clean, still with a "new" feel to it even though it's now a few years old. The staff were very friendly, courteous and attentive.

The only thing that was really lacking was... FOOD! There is a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning, but nothing for the rest of the time. The hotel has a small shop where those booked into the suites can buy microwave meals, but apart from crisps (potato chips) and chocolate bars there is nothing for those of us staying in the normal hotel rooms which don't have microwaves. There are no restaurants in the vicinity, so if (like me) you're without a car you have to go hungry. I will know to get a bite to eat at the airport next time!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2009

Stayed here for a night before an afternoon flight the following day. Room was clean and appointed like most Hamptons. Good-sized room with a King bed. Had a pretty big bathroom (bigger than the Hilton Toronto I stayed in during the same trip.... see my other review). Neat, clean and comfortable. Appreciated the extra time the hotel gave me to check out the next day.... so I could time it with my late afternoon flight.

Liked: Free internet, free local calls, great free breakfast (big spread, including fresh fruit, pastries, muffins, donuts, cereal and hot items such as omelettes), has free shuttle to airport (which I didn't use). No airport noise.

Disliked: No wireless internet in room and inability to pull cable to bed; secluded area (not much activity or restaurants). However, hotel gave me some food delivery options as soon as I checked in. Also, if you have a car, many eating options in Mississauga itself, approximately 10 mins away.

Would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank WholeTruth
Reviewed 20 September 2008

Great hotel, quick check in/out. Free paper and breakfast were great and also the wireless internet. Walked right out of the lobby onto the shuttle to the airport. Great hotel for those early morning flights!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hallidaze
Reviewed 2 July 2008

Hampton Inn’s have come a long way!!! I stayed at the Hampton Inn Toronto Airport for nine nights and had an upgraded studio suite (well worth the extra $20 a night). The suite was small but had a king bed, sofa, chair w/foot rest, work desk and wet bar w/microwave and mini fridge, and a great digital air-conditioning unit. The hotel seemed very new (1-2) years and was very clean. The lobby was very well decorated with 24 hour coffee and tea and afternoon cookies. Breakfast was what you would expect, one hot dish with toast, muffins, fruit, and cereal. Don’t look for the fancy breakfast it is all served on foam plates but it does the trick. My business was all at the airport an the hotel shuttle runs 24/7, with the hotel three minutes from Toronto Airport which was very convenient for me.

I got a look at a few of the standard rooms passing in the hall and they looked very clean and nice, but small. I guess they would be good for overnight stays, but I would book the suite for any extended business stay. The wired internet in the room was great, as fast as I have at home and was free with an easy hookup. Small pool and workout room off the lobby for the kids, I did not use during this stay. While I was at the hotel a kids hockey team was at the hotel for the weekend and rented ¾ of the rooms. The kids were 6-12 and had no respect as playing hockey in the hall and using the business center for video games. The hotel staff did little to control the noise after many complaints. I ended up opening my door and yelling at the kids myself (parents appeared to be in the lobby drinking beer). This is what prevented me from giving the Hampton a five star.

This is not a five star hotel as a Ritz may be, it is a basics hotel, but I will give it four stars for a basic category if that makes since, but for my kind of business travel it was great. Many places to eat near by (not walking distance) that the shuttle will take you to (Montana’s, Boston’s, Wendy’s, Tony Romas…ect.) Look for the new Hilton Garden Inn to open soon next door. It looks great and is owned by the same owner as the Hampton. I will give it a try next year if available, but I would defiantly return to this hotel. I enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)