“enjoyable stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport West
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I live in Toronto..and when I want a night stay away from home this is my hotel of choice. My girlfriend and I have stayed here several times and found it to be a very relaxing place especially the sauna, pool,hot tub. Restaurant seems good although never eaten there..many eateries around area. Close highway and amenities everywhere.The front desk staff are EXCELLENT..especially( Amal). always friendly and answers all your questions or concerns with charm. I recommend this hotelm to anyone especially families
Nick P

Room Tip: lower floor if you're a smoker
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit. Great to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you particularly found our pool and hot tub enjoyable. I will certainly share your feedback with Amal, she truly is an asset to our Front Desk team.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport West

Reviewed 6 February 2012

many times we have use this hotel for our park,stay,and fly hotel and each time have enjoyed the on-site parking garage, prompt shuttle sevice and friendly, accomodating check-in staff that even up-graded us to a REAL COMFY KING BED on our late return vac from the Dominican !! Many Thanks !!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen m

Great to hear that you enjoyed our 'Sanctuary Beds' and that our 'park, sleep and fly' option offered everything you were looking for. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

It was an amazing experience when I needed it most...I had just been informed that I had missed my connecting flight and would be spending the evening in Toronto. Follow that up by the airline misplacing my suitcase and me waiting alone in baggage claim for over two hours. From the minute I got to the hotel everyone was so courteous and helpful. I only stayed there for about 16 hours but in that time I met so many cool people. Everyone from the front desk staff to the drivers to the restaurant people to the house cleaning were so attentive and friendly. And the food, both room service and restaurant were top notch and reasonably priced. I really cant say enough good things about the place and people who work there...I really want to go back one day...Hope I miss my flight again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lhasan

What a great review about your stay at our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. I have shared your feedback with our team and have recognized them for creating such a positive impression. We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Great service at the front desk and restaurant, rooms are very comfortable with many pillow options. My only complaint were the inroom heaters - they don't have a exact temperature setting and I found the heater kicking in until the room was swelteringly hot and then shutting off until the room was uncomfortably cold. That being said I would consider staying here again, especially due to the friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank etblaster
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. Great to read that you enjoyed your room and the service you received at the Front Desk and in the restaurant. I am sorry though that you faced a challenge with the heater in your room. This information has been passed on to our Chief Engineer.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I was at this hotel for a full week. My stay was made extremely comfortable through the attentiveness and service orientation of the staff. One staff member who stood out was Mousa, the gentleman who arranged travel and who took care of many small items on behalf of myself and members of my group. The only item keeping this hotel from an "excellent" rating has nothing to do with the staff. The heating system is somewhat antiquated, however, and it needs to be brought up to current standards with respect to fan noise.

Room Tip: The elevators are somewhat noisy, so a room a few away from the elevator areas will be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GavinRB154943
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you very much for posting a review and most of all for making mention of one of our team members. Mousa is truly an asset to our team and I will gladly share your feedback with him.
We hope that we will soon have the opportunity again to welcome you at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We booked this thru a travel agent as a park sleep and fly the night before our trip to Mexico. Check in was fine she told us where to park the cars for the week stay and gave us a slip with the phone number(s) to call after our return for the shuttle to pick us up. We went to Kelsey's accross the road for dinner as the hotel resturant was expensive and we have two kids (12 &15) After dinner we basically put 4 kids in one room and 4 adults in the other and visited until bed time. Got up showered and got the shuttle to the airport that leaves every 1/2 hour on the hour and the half. So the hotel was ok we didn't book it for anything other than the layover. I think I thought it was going to be nicer based on the price of the food in the resturant but it was just ok. Here is the problem...so the slip of paper they give you for the shuttle to pick you up at the airport has two phone numbers on it and says to call after you have collected your luggage. I waited for the 1st piece of 8 to apper on the baggage area then I called...It rang and then I heard the "thank you for calling delta, all our agents are busy" this went on for about 20 minutes....a friend called the other number and also was waiting.....finally someone answers and say hello twice and hangs up on me......my friends call get answered 3 minutes later and askes where to meet the shuttle and if they can speed up the arrival time since we have been waiting on the phone for 20-25 minutes already (I can prove the length of time on my long distance cell phone call) The girl at the hotel proceeds to argue with him saying that we haven't been waiting on the phone that long and that the shuttle would be 30 minutes.....our two families walked out the door of the airport and got into 2 taxis and went to get our cars from the hotel ($35 per taxi). As we pulled in the shuttle was just leaving the hotel. Never again will I stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank yelsel71
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry about the challenges you faced when returning from your trip. Please let me assure you that your experience is not indicative of our standards and service levels. Your concerns have been brought to the attention of our Front Office Manager who is following up with his team.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the beginning of Jan 2012 with the park and fly package before our vacation. The main reason we chose it was because of the covered parking lot where our car would be staying - no shovelling now off of our car on our return! However the hotel itself was very nice and we would stay here again. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only drawback was the lounge area. I ordered a drink and got something somewhat different - the bartender did not speak english well and just nodded his head yes to every question. The food in the lounge was pricey too. However across the street are several restaurants that will fit anyone's needs. The shuttel to the airport was great -I have a wheelchair and they accommodated me no problem. Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your needs. I am very sorry about your experience in our Lounge and have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager for follow-up. We look forward to your next stay at Delta Toronto Airport West.