“Quick but very relaxing stay”

Toronto Airport West Hotel
Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Aalst, Belgium
“Quick but very relaxing stay”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We happened to sleep here by coincidence. Me and my family were actually on our way to Mexico from Belgium and we had a planned change of plane in Canada (Toronto). However, as our first plane was delayed we weren't able to catch our next plane to Mexico City. So the awesome Air Canada staff gave us a one-night stay at this hotel for free, plus $160 to eat something.

We were very warmly welcomed by the staff and we had a chat about how well-treated we were by Air Canada. We got two rooms (we're a family of five) and the girl who had welcomed us sent us some giant cookies and milk with a card which said "Enjoy your stay!" and her name, but I sadly can't remember it. She clearly liked us a lot ;) Although the rooms were classy and very quiet and we had a nice view on the huge airport of Toronto from the fifth floor, the decorations and the interior in general were a little bit colourless and slightly aged. Nonetheless, I was very happy of that. (Also the pillows were absolutely perfect for me).

As for dinner and breakfast, both were very good in terms of quality, variation and choice. Of course, we chose Canadian dishes. Just a small warning for those who usually have a light breakfast: a full Canadian breakfast can also be referred to as a "heart attack on a plate", although I liked it very much and I ate all of it without any problems.

Last but not least, they have a computer room, a swimming pool, a fitness hall and a very good shuttle service to and from the airport with very friendly drivers, and the Niagara falls are only a less than two hours drive away.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank SLA_Traveller
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for this detailed review of our hotel! It is unfortunate that you missed your connecting flight out of Toronto, but we are glad that we had the opportunity to welcome you and your family to our hotel. Great to read that everything was to your satisfaction and that you particularly enjoyed our hearty Canadian Breakfast!
Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back some time at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Surprisingly far from the airport, though there is a shuttle bus. On the positive side, because of the distance, there was no airplane noise. The neighbourhood is pretty grim - car dealers and fast food and bleak strip malls - really nothing to walk to, you need a car for everything.

While the hotel has free WiFi (a deal-breaker for me if not), it went down halfway through my stay and hadn't been repaired by the time I left. I had quite a dispiriting time trying to get the front desk staff to reset the modem, then dealing with their call centre-based IT support team (friendly and willing but impotent; I think they were in Winnipeg). I spent several hours on the challenge, to no avail.

The room was clean and comfortable, if a bit cramped. Fine for one person; it would be tight for two The television and bathrooms are ready for replacement, but it was all functional. Ditto for the fitness centre, which was open 24 hours/day. (the pool didn't open until 7, which is useless for most business travellers).

The breakfast was fine - buffet for $20. Don't go near it if you're on a diet (mounds of bacon, sausages, fried French toast, fried potatoes, yesterday's pastries). There was free coffee in the lobby all night, which was a thoughtful touch.

The staff throughout we're helpful in the way you would expect for a mid-priced (i paid $169/night) airport hotel - they do their best, but don't take the initiative or go beyond expectations.

I think I'd try other airport hotels rather than return to the Delta. The Radisson, for example, was both closer to the airport and had a far better layout - and a suite for about the same price

Room Tip: I was offered an upgrade for $15/night, which I didn't take, but perhaps should have done.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tommy089
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for posting such a detailed review about our hotel following your recent visit. It is important that we hear your feedback and we appreciate that you took the time to share it. Rest assured that your comments will be discussed with the Management Team and your concerns will be addressed. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Delta Toronto Airport West.
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed for one night as had a morning meeting nearby the next morning. Customer service is pretty good. Room was average amenities, but quite small. It is not too close to the airport do absolutely no noise issues.

• Stayed April 2012
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for giving us your feedback on Tripadvisor. Your comments are important to us and we appreciate that you took the time to share them. I am glad to read that you found our hotel and services suitable for your needs and we hope to welcome you back to Delta Toronto Airport West in the near future.
Montreal
Reviewed 10 April 2012

It's a bit of a drive from the Airport, and I'd likely choose a different hotel next time around if I want to stay close to YYZ. Bed was comfortable but bathroom, tv, accessories could use a serious upgrade. Fine for a one-night stay but anything longer I'd recommend you shop around. And to charge $17 bucks for overnight parking so far from the airport is ludicrous.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent visit, our guests' feedback is always appreciated. I am sorry to read that your room did not meet your expectations and you found parking expensive. For your future travels, our Reservations Department may be able to offer room rates that include parking or provide options of recently renovated rooms that better suit your needs.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here the evening before a 6am flight out of Pearson and would do it again! I had priced other hotels and the $135/night rate was the best by far. That included 8 days of parking as well plus a shuttle to the airport for the departure flight and the pick up from the airport back to the hotel upon arrival.

The room was ok (a little dated) but honestly, for staying there one night, in our opinion, it didn't really matter. What was great was the service we received from check-in, at the restaurant (I will discuss later), check out and shuttle. The shuttle driver on the way back to the hotel (Ed) was prompt and very friendly.

The restaurant in the hotel, Chardonnay, was one of the better restaurants I have been to. We had debated going to a local chain restaurant but were happy we decided to dine at Chardonnay. We essentially paid the same price for a much higher quality of food and service.

Would without hestiation stay here again if we needed to fly out early. We may even have dinner at the restaurant, even if we weren't staying overnight!

Great experience overall.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback of your recent visit to our hotel. I am glad that you had such a positive experience, from shuttle service, to check-in and check-out, and in our restaurant. It is Chef John Flynn's goal to create memorable meals for our guests and he will be thrilled to hear that he was able to do just that.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West and at Chardonnay Restaurant.
Newofoundland, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The beds at the Delta are great. Really comfortable and well constructed. The rooms are always well maintained and modern. No complaints about this property. I have eaten in the restaurant and am a regular at the buffet breakfast. There is lots of variety - fruit, eggs, meats, cereal etc. It can be a be pricy ($20)/ smaller buffet on weekend ($10) but sometimes you can get it included in your room depending on what you choose. I'd recommend it - great service as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for posting this review following your most recent visit. Great to read that you had yet another good night's sleep in one of our "Sanctuary Beds". I have also forwarded your comments to our culinary team who are happy to hear that you enjoy our breakfast buffet in Chardonnay Restaurant.
Thank you for your loyalty! Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Brandon, Vermont
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have been staying here for the past 20 years--my company's choice--and the only change has been to the quality of the bedding. There is no wireless in the rooms unless you are on the lowest floors, tvs are old, the decor is dated and the bathrooms need serious renovation. Having said that, the rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. The bar area is comfortable and food is available when the restaurant is closed. There is very little around the property: a couple of fast food places across the street.

Room Tip: Rooms 01,02 and 03 are set away from the long hallway of rooms however they are closest to the eleva...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel after your recent visit. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed in your room but am glad that our team left you with a positive impression. For your future travels, our Reservations Department may be able to offer suitable options of recently renovated rooms or rooms featuring wireless internet access.
We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.