Up front...we got this hotel with a Priceline bid.
That said, while the bid was $59, the taxes pushed it to $75, and the overnight parking fee pushed it to $91....not much of a bargain.
First, the "pros":
- Our Priceline reservation was a non-smoking, two-double bed room. We asked for a change to a single king, and the clerk gave us the change without a problem, and at no extra charge.
- The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean-ish and relatively quiet, given that the hotel is very near the airport.
- There was a small 'fridge...good enough to keep leftovers from the evening meal fresh, and bottles of soda cold.
- The wired internet worked fairly well and didn't require a password. I don't know whether there is wi-fi or not...we didn't need it with the wired connection available.
-The view from our 10th floor room was pretty nice.
- Half the lights in the room were not plugged in, including the desk lamp (which would have required unplugging either the internet router or the 'fridge). The floor lamp would have required unplugging one of the the "wall warts" powering the bedside phone or the I-pod dock (which wasn't plugged in to its power pack either).
- There was no alarm clock in the room.
-The toilet intermittently refused to flush...we're theorizing that it simply took a VERY long time to refill, but we don't know...waiting a long time between flushes worked at least a couple of times.
-The A/C was the typical wall unit. The fan was set to run at "Low" constantly, and while it could be changed, we let it run to help mask outside noises. It was set at a chilly 71 degrees F. when we arrived and was giving the room a noticeably musty smell.
- While there was a small 'fridge to keep your leftovers fresh, there was no microwave to reheat them.
More neutral observations:
-The room was kind of shabby...it desperately needs a re-do. Old carpet, shabby bed skirt, chipped paint, dirty 'fridge...that sort of thing.
In short, the room we got was probably worth the original $59, but not really the $91 we ended up paying after the outrageous taxes and parking fees. There are other, and much nicer, hotels in the area available for the same price (or less). I wouldn't recommend staying at this one unless you're desperate.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Toronto Airport West Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Toronto Airport West Hotel Mississauga
- Delta Hotel Toronto
- Delta Mississauga
- Mississauga Delta