“Just OK”

Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ottawa
“Just OK”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here 1 night while travelling on business. Hotel was OK but outdated. The room was small and had a smell to it. Also there was something going on with the plumbing because there was water running every 25 min. Throughout the night off and on. This was very loud so sleep was interrupted. I had someone knock on my door at 8pm to drop off chocolates and water ??? Room service was very good and it was fast. Restaurants across the street were convenient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
TAWguestrelations, Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that your sleep was interrupted by running water! Our Maintenance team has been made aware and will work on correcting the problem.
We hope to welcome you back at Toronto Airport West Hotel in future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I will go right to the point ...I was there for one day but given the price I tell you it was value for money ...the service of reception is great ..the check in and and check out time is very suitable ....they have nice lobby and there are lot of great dinning restaurant outside the hotel which are walking distance incase if you are like who does love outside food. the best part was my plane delayed by a few hours and they allow travelers staying in that hotel to keep luggage at their hotel storage for free ...which gave me some time to go to downtown ...the room and toilet were top notch to me given the price I was given ..I wish them all the best and keep it up

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank alvi1234
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel which I obtained on Groupon was perfect for my needs. Driving to Toronto, staying overnight and shuttle to airport the next morning while leaving my car. Ten minute shuttle to the airport which was great. Rooms were comfortable and the overall hotel is in good shape although just recently and still switching from the Delta. Staff is excellent and I will use this hotel more frequently.
I had a great nights sleep. I didn't eat in the restaurant but it was full. Kelsey's and Montanas a few steps away.

Room Tip: Excellent value and location to the airport....free shuttle.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The lobby was big and bright, and looked clean. I was pleased to see 2 people working at the front desk because there was a line up even at 11pm when i checked-in. The line advanced quickly and my check-in was very fast.

I got a room on the 3rd floor with a king size bed. The hotel provides free wifi which had a strong enough signal to stream tv on my laptop. I have no complaints about the room, the bed was big and very comfy. The bathroom was clean, provided lots of clean towels and Neutrogena bath products.

In the morning I called for a late check-out and were only able to grant me a half hour (12:30 instead of 12:00) because they were busy, but that's all I needed. They have a free airport shuttle which was perfect. There's a shuttle every half hour and it takes 10 minutes to the airport. But after 10am you have to call in advance because it comes on demand only. I called at noon and by 12:30 the shuttle was there.

I wanted breakfast in bed but i woke up after 10 which was the deadline so I had to pick it up from the restaurant by the lobby. However that wasnt an issue, they even called to tell me when the food was ready. The waiters were very nice. It was $10 for 2 eggs, potatoes, buttered toasts and fresh fruit. It tasted great and hit the spot.

My stay was very short and very pleasant. If I need a place to stay before my flight again with a good deal online, I would definitely come back. Its comfortable and close to the airport. Recommended!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Up front...we got this hotel with a Priceline bid.

That said, while the bid was $59, the taxes pushed it to $75, and the overnight parking fee pushed it to $91....not much of a bargain.

First, the "pros":

- Our Priceline reservation was a non-smoking, two-double bed room. We asked for a change to a single king, and the clerk gave us the change without a problem, and at no extra charge.

- The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean-ish and relatively quiet, given that the hotel is very near the airport.

- There was a small 'fridge...good enough to keep leftovers from the evening meal fresh, and bottles of soda cold.

- The wired internet worked fairly well and didn't require a password. I don't know whether there is wi-fi or not...we didn't need it with the wired connection available.

-The view from our 10th floor room was pretty nice.

The cons:

- Half the lights in the room were not plugged in, including the desk lamp (which would have required unplugging either the internet router or the 'fridge). The floor lamp would have required unplugging one of the the "wall warts" powering the bedside phone or the I-pod dock (which wasn't plugged in to its power pack either).

- There was no alarm clock in the room.

-The toilet intermittently refused to flush...we're theorizing that it simply took a VERY long time to refill, but we don't know...waiting a long time between flushes worked at least a couple of times.

-The A/C was the typical wall unit. The fan was set to run at "Low" constantly, and while it could be changed, we let it run to help mask outside noises. It was set at a chilly 71 degrees F. when we arrived and was giving the room a noticeably musty smell.

- While there was a small 'fridge to keep your leftovers fresh, there was no microwave to reheat them.

More neutral observations:

-The room was kind of shabby...it desperately needs a re-do. Old carpet, shabby bed skirt, chipped paint, dirty 'fridge...that sort of thing.

In short, the room we got was probably worth the original $59, but not really the $91 we ended up paying after the outrageous taxes and parking fees. There are other, and much nicer, hotels in the area available for the same price (or less). I wouldn't recommend staying at this one unless you're desperate.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this detailed review of our hotel. I am very sorry that you encountered several deficiencies in your room and I can ensure you that these will be addressed promptly. We are also happy to inform you that our hotel is scheduled for significant renovations, upates will follow shortly.
Thank you for staying at Toronto Airport West Hotel. We hope to welcome you back in future.
London, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Dirty room, no vents in bathroom, dirty towels, stinky feet and sweat smell in the room, broken air conditioner, broken fridge. I would NOT RECOMMEND it AT ALL. The lobby looked fine, but once when I reached the room, it was not pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Beamsville, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were lucky to find a deal through groupon a few days before our vacation. For $79 we got the room and parking (for up to 14 days if needed). Their customer service is absolutely fantastic and is way above any other hotel I have been to. Super friendly and efficient. We had covered parking which was nice. The shuttle ran every 30 min to the airport and you call them when you need to be picked up. The room is nice, the bed is a tad small but is SO comfortable! The washroom is a little dated but does the job. Thanks again for the great stay and great start to our vacation!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple