“Great spot for getting downtown or out of town”

Courtyard Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West
Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

We normally stay here because it's quiet and just about the right distance to downtown or to Orangeville where we have family. It is a pleasant 35 minute drive up to the country or about the same amount of time will get you downtown. The hotel is always clean and comfortable and the staff is very friendly. We like this or theResidence next door both are great places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Nepean_Traveller,

It’s nice to hear from you on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and we’re very glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. I’m glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable, and glad that you felt our staff was very friendly. The next time you come to visit family, please stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Found an amazing deal on Priceline for a 4 night stay. The hotel is lovely no issues with staff and customers booking through Priceline. Initially they had given us a king bed but immediately switched without hesitation when we said we needed 2 beds. All staff was friendly and courteous, hotel was nice and quiet and the blackout curtains were a lifesaver after parting all night in Toronto!!!!! I feel that it was a great location .... if you have a car; centrally located about a 20 min drive to downtown. If you don't have a car, I would guess it would be about a 15-20 min walk to restaurants. There are numerous places to eat in the area a major plus! Overall great stay, will definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Kmissk,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. It sounds like you and your friends had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our surrounding area. It is also nice to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous. I will pass this comment along to our staff. Please come and stay with us again on your next weekend getaway.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Very Polite staff! Employee who greeted us at the desk was very warm and friendly. Hotel was nice and clean. Rooms were clean and spacious. Was able to put up our playpen with a lot of room to move around. Bathroom was spacious as well. Was nice to go with a team because they actually put us all together. Kids had fun being neighbours with everyone instead of having kids on other floors!

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony gives you access to outdoor but a nice closed in private space for coffee in morn...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here for business reasons, just outside of Toronto in Mississauga. I usually choose Marriott brand for business travel. The courtyard is always fine, nothing overwhelming and nothing underwhelming. The hotel is located near Mississauga businesses and major freeways which made it easy to find my destinations. Nice rooms and amenities (including cable and free wifi) and a workout room. That's all I need. I did not try the breakfast but I'm sure it was fine. Sure, I'll stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you dexter619 for taking the time to write a review and give a recommendation for our hotel. I’m pleased our location, accommodations and amenities fit your needs. We hope you’ll grab breakfast on your next business trip to the area, you won’t be disappointed! We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My stay at this property was the worst stay I have ever had at any Marriott hotel and I have stayed at many, I was quite disappointed how issues were handled at that hotel and that staff is not properly trained on how to handle issues.and complaints. My room was not cleaned in the morning because I had a DND on door but then I came back to grab something out of room in the afternoon and then went back out around 3pm and told the Front Desk agent to ask Housekeeping to clean my room since we were going out and they were still there for a few more hours. After coming back from dinner and being out for a few hours to let housekeeping clean the room I come back to my room untouched, the bed was not made, no fresh towels and the garbage was still full which was just ridiculous. I called down to the Front Desk to ask why my room was not cleaned and they said they told Housekeeping and I asked if someone could come up then to do it and she said that she had no one that could do it in the hotel at that time.

The second issue that I had to deal with that night and partially into the next morning was just ridiculous, there were people party in the hall around my room and they were screaming up and down the hall and slamming their doors. I called the front desk and asked them to send someone up to tell the people to quiet down and to please not slam their doors. I waited about half an hour and then nothing was resolved and so I called down to the desk again and asked them if they even had sent anyone up yet to talk to these other guests that were making the noise and the front desk agent said not yet. I know that usually when a complaint is made the hotel is to send someone up to deal with it right away. So I was already extremely pissed off at this point because I was tired from the night before and then not having my room made up did not help. I went out twice and asked the noisy guests nicely to keep it down and to please not slam their doors but of course they did not listen and then my boyfriend had to go out once and yell at them and still nothing, I think it is ridiculous that my boyfriend and I had to go out to the hallway to try and get them to quiet down after me phoning the front desk many times. Finally after me calling again to the desk and saying that if they do not do anything about the situation then I will call the police to deal with it, they decided to send someone up which I think was the houseperson. The houseperson that came up told them to keep it down but at the same time breached company policy because when he came up to talk to the guests I was standing at my door watching him and he told the guests to keep it down because someone complained about them and he pointed specifically at my door and said to them that I was the one who complained. Finally after hours of noise and slamming I think they went out for a bit but when they came back around 3 to 3:30 am they were doing the exact same thing screaming in the hallways and slamming their doors. I called down to the Front Desk and had enough and spoke to the Night Auditor Richard which was very nice and professional and said to him that I have had enough and was going to call the police because I was dealing with this issue since 9:30 pm that night. Richard came up and told them to quiet down and then things finally after about 20 minutes quieted down. I just want to say that they only nice and professional people that I encountered was Sherina at Front Desk and Richard (Night Auditor), but other then that this experience was by far the worst that I have ever encountered and will not be coming back to this hotel because of how the issues were dealt with and will let other people know not to go there as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kingston G
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear Kingston G,

Thank you for your candid review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. Thanks especially for recognizing Sherina and Richard, for their service! I hope this experience doesn’t deter you from using Courtyard in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

The room is very nice, the food is fine (breakfast buffet for $10.99 is decent value), service is fine and friendly, the location is really close to the airport and corporate centres and the decor of the whole hotel is nice ... but the proximity to restaurants and pubs is brutal. You really are at least 25 minutes (walking) from a decent place to eat... and that's just a guess because I never did find a decent place within walking distance. So be prepared to drive or bus -- bus transportation is nearby and frequent so there's another plus -- to go out at night. You can always sit at the hotel's small bar/lounge; it has a friendly bartender but don't expect to find a local micro-beer. The priceline rate made this hotel great value but I'd still check out a different airport district next time. WARNING: don't get confused like I did between this location and the OTHER Courtyard by Marriott. Ask the shuttle driver just to be sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you GuinnessGuy for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting, we are proud of our friendly and accommodating staff. I think adding a local micro-beer to our bar/lounge is a splendid idea and will look into it. Again, thank you or your feedback.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Clean hotel, great service. Met all expectations. I found this hotel on Priceline which avoided me from paying full price.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank SammiBoi
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you SammiBoi for your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Enjoy your summer,