“Another Excellent Stay”

Courtyard Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Stayed at this property for 2 nights, July 17 - 19th, and booked throu hotels website, using w36 code, which included breakfast each morning for 2, for $191CDN taxes in. We have stayed at this property in the past, and from the looks of things, management has done a great job maintaining the property. Room was King bed, facing front of hotel. Should have asked for room facing the back with balcony. Pool was quite cool, and the hot tub, hot. Outside grounds and lounge areas well maintained and clean. Buffet breakfast was great, though would have been nice to have there omelette station working. All staff were very friendly and professional. Lots of free parking, free internet, coffee maker, fridge..... cookies in the evening at the front desk,...free coffee/tea in the lobby.....newspapers.....big screen TV's......another delightful stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BT-Traveller

Reviewed 4 June 2008

I got this one on priceline for $36! They gave me an upper (fourth) floor room with a balcony facing the freeway (noise was not a problem). Quick drive to the freeway (I ended up driving into downtown TO that nite). Free internet on the business computer in the lobby and they have a mini-market (got ice cream). Front desk staff was very courteous. I had a terrible experience 2 years ago at the Radisson (now 4 Points Sheraton) and very happy not to get that one again on priceline!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank lighthouseboy
Reviewed 15 March 2008

I had the pleasure to stay here for a few nights during the month of March of 2008. I quite enjoyed my stay at this fine establishment.

The room was very clean and quite spacious as I was treated to a room with a king bed despite booking online at priceline. As my agenda was rather jam-packed, I didn't have a chance to check out the hotel facilities (free internet, pool, gym) but I was very happy with the room and with the helpful service at the front desk

Parking is complimentary (imagine that concept!)and it's not a bad trip to downtown Toronto with easy access to highways and expressways. And should you not have a car, their airport shuttle is also complimentary. Well done.

I see this as a very nice place to stay for the business traveller or for those who'd like to have the convenience of having a car in Toronto.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank liquiddemon
Reviewed 26 February 2008

I stayed at this hotel after staying at a Novotel in North York and it was much better and $10 cheaper too! The staff was very friendly sharing a smile each time I passed. The room was very comfortable with great decor and amenities including free in-room internet access. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean.
As for location, its nearby Pearson Airport (15min. drive depending on traffic) and the 401 and 400 are both close by as well.
Overall I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank JPbombales
Reviewed 12 August 2007

I recently spent a night away at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. Once again I chose a "Courtyard by Marriott" because of my past experiences with these properties. I booked my room through the hotel website and didn't run into any issues with my reservation. The check-in clerk was very friendly.

My room with a king size bed was really clean and smelled wonderful. The room included a flatscreen tv, mini fridge, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, sofa w/pullout bed and a large desk. What I have noticed and commented on before about the Courtyard rooms I've stayed in is their great lighting situation. The bathroom was bright and very clean also.

The hotel is located in an industrial area so the view from my room was nothing special. You can see the airport off in the distance though. There are not any restaurants right by the hotel but a couple of main roads (Dixie and Eglinton) are just minutes away and you will find a variety of restaurants and stores there.

I can't comment on the hotel's pool, gym etc. since I did not intend to use them on this particular visit. I just wanted a good night's rest, and that's exactly what I got! My bed was really comfortable and the hotel was nice and quiet.

I recommend this property to anyone who insists on great service and a very clean hotel enviroment.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
5  Thank Colbert_Chick
Reviewed 4 June 2007

This is a new hotel that shares a parking lot with a Marriott Residence Inn.

I've stayed at the hotel twice and the front-desk staff has always been chipper, helpful, and polite.

The rooms are standard for this brand name which means they have enough room to move around, the bed is comfortable, the air conditioning works well, there is plenty of hot water, and it has always been quiet.

It seems to cater primarily to business travelers while if you walk across the parking lot you will find tons of families with children on vacation. I love children but I wouldn't stay at the adjacent hotel if you are on business. I went inside during breakfast just to check it out and I saw business people waiting for 7 year old Todd and Muffy to get finished scooping up their food from the buffet. You might want to carry hand cleanser with you for that one. I'm not exaggerating.

I would recommend this hotel but understand that finding a decent place to eat is not easy because of the location. The hotel does serve breakfast and it is "OK" on it's best day. In the mornings I've often had to hunt down someone to go and find the cook who is making omelettes. To say this buffet is understaffed is an understatement. But, the buffet is of an acceptable quality.
The restaurant also serves dinner but is not too exciting.

As far as finding really nice restaurants forget it. You can drive and drive within a 10 mile radius and never find decent food. However, downtown Toronto features one of the best food scenes in north america. Just be ready to fight traffic if you are traveling during commute time.

• Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank djboise
Reviewed 28 May 2007

After staying here in late May 07 for 3 nights, and paying about $99 per night, I would have rated it 4 to 4.5 stars ... but the service was so outstanding (best I have ever experienced in my years' of travelling). I actually couldn't believe how the good the Marriott service here was... better even than the service I've gotten at other Courtyards and regular Marriotts.

The hotel and room are VERY VERY NEW .... the place seemed spotless from the moment you set eyes on it in the parking lot, to getting into the bed. The bed was deee-luxe, with very comfy sheets and pillows. Carpet was nice. You could tell a professional designed the room ... it was very tastefully appointed. The bathroom also was superb in every respect. From a facilities standpoint, I couldn't spot a single deficiency.

The service was absolutely amazing. The front desk ppl gave us maps, tips, offered to help, always greeted us, and much more. They didn't seem as rushed as in other hotels. Maybe because the hotel is relatively new, and not that many ppl stay there yet? Who knows, but it was awesome. Even other Courtyard employees we ran into (like in the elevator, lobby, hallway, cafe, etc. were extremely nice and polite).

The only knock I would put on this hotel is the Cafe (specifically, the breakfast). It cost $10.95 (CDN) for a hot breakfast buffet, and the eggs were pretty bad. The pancakes weren't much better, but the breakfast potatoes were good. Buffet had all other standard stuff, but nothing super great. If you don't mind a hassle, try driving down nearby (Eglinton -> Dixie Rd.), where Dixie has a bunch of eating places (Mikky D's, Tim Horton's, Wendy's, some grills.) These may be better choices on the eating side.

Another huge plus was the free WI-FI in every room (they provided the cable!). Also, there was a free Net-connected PC in the lobby, which anybody could use. Outstanding!!

It is about 25 mins to central Toronto. When doing price shopping, I figured extra distance would make up for a lesser price + a better hotel. I would recommend to anybody going to toronto (who has a car) to reserve here.

Stayed: May 2007