“Overnight stay was great!”

Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“Overnight stay was great!”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a gift from a close friend to give us a break away from home and we enjoyed our overnight stay. The staff were nice, professional, have a smile all the time and helpful. I had a child with me and no issues. We enjoyed the pool and it was clean. Hot tub works well! The rooms are clean, nice decor, spacious and the kitchenette is a bonus but the dishwasher is kinda of loud. Washroom is great and clean. We have no complains and our experience was awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Maria C
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Maria C,
Thank you for your review. We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,
Lisa Tracz, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I came on business trip for 25 Days and my experience here is horrible. I will not recommend ayone to stay in this hotel.

3 things here i want to highlight here:

A) Staff here is pathetic and unprofessinal. They charged my credit card 3 times and when i asked explaination the front desk lady response was very unprofessional.

B) Internet here is very slow. Don't think you can work from hotel in evening or weekends. I complained from technician to management people. Technician came and said he can't do anything. Front desk lady told she can get me CAB and i can go to some coffeshop to access internet. One word it's Horrible answer i heared.

C) I gave my jacket for Laundary and there launday people screwed it and when i asked they told we reduce the launday chared by 50%.

Don't come here to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Guest1978154996
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Guest1978154996,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel; I regret that you did not have a good experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you listed above; I can assure you this is not the level of service we strive to achieve. Please know that I will personally follow up with our staff.
All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experience and again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours.

Sincerely yours,
Lisa Tranz, General Manger
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed here the night before we left for Punta cana On January 5th/12..the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were very happy with our accomodations..had a good night sleep before leaving on our trip..enjoyed the buffet the morning we left. They let us park our car there for a week for free and shuttled us in a van back and forth to the airport. I would stay here everytime I go away!!!! Great way to start your vacation!! EXCELLENT!! :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Christine W
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Christine W,
Thanks for your wonderful review and recommendation! I am glad you found your stay top-notch and relaxing before your trip to Punta Cana. We hope you had a great time! We look forward to seeing you and your family again!
Yours truly,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This was my hotel of choice while visiting Toronto because it's central to downtown Toronto, Canada's Wonderland and Wild Water Kingdom. It's also near the airport. I had a 2 bedroom - 2 bathroom suite for four days. The rooms weren't extremely large but they were very well laid out so you felt like the space was larger. The living room had a pull out couch that worked well for the kids but the mattress could have been softer. The bedrooms had queen size bed that were plush and the bathrooms were very nice. Breakfast was included and consisted of sausage, eggs, self-made waffles or cereal. If you need to get out for a bite to eat Square One Mall is nearby and the kids can visit Playdium while there. And the price of the room isn't too expensive for what you get. You can never go wrong with a Residence Inn hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank staylor21
Dear staylor21,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We got this room with a Priceline bid, which may color the quality we experienced on this trip (hotels don't give you the best rooms in the property for a low-ball Priceline bid).

We've stayed at Residence Inns in the past, and in this one at least once before, and we've generally been pleased. As I note in my April, 2011, review, some places have been old, but they've never been "bad." This time, about all I can say is that the room was adequate, but not up to the quality level we usually experience at Residence Inns.

The room was a "studio king" with the typical arrangement of a small kitchenette, a seating/entertainment area, and a king bed all located in a relatively roomy single room. The shower and toilet are located in a separate room, with the "bathroom" sink located just outside, in an alcove off the main room.

The room was clean and quiet...certainly adequate for an overnight (which is what we needed)...and the free wi-fi worked nicely, but there were some issues that made THIS stay much more "average" than the "outstanding" we've come to expect from Residence Inn properties.

First, when we entered the [2nd floor] room, the predominant scent was of stale, damp, and moldy...like an old mop left in a corner wet. This seemed to be less of a problem as our noses got used to it.

Second, there was only a single envelope of complimentary coffee in the room...and decaf, at that. It clearly hadn't been restocked properly.

Third, while not really uncomfortable, the king bed had a cheap mattress...every move one of us made was felt by the other, and my partner (who is much smaller) complained that she kept sliding into the depression I made.

Fourth, the lamp on the desk didn't work (it looked like the bulb had burnt out).

In short, while I can't complain about the cleanliness overall, the housekeeping certainly missed some of the details that should have been covered.

The complimentary breakfast was fine, as expected.

This experience wasn't enough to turn me off to Residence Inns, or even this particular Residence Inn, but the property manager here clearly needs to kick his housekeeping and maintenance staff in the butt. We'd still recommend the place, but less enthusiastically than in our April review.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sue_n_Rich1
Dear Sue_n_Rich1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel, I regret that your experience this time around was not as you expected. I sincerely apologize for all of the above. Our housekeeping team is receiving a refresher on our high Marriott standards.
All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences and again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours. Thank you again for your loyalty to the Marriott brand and we hope to see you again in the future.
Warm regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here for one night in December (2011) with a complementary voucher.

Our room was a King studio suite. It was the perfect room for us. It was clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. The kitchen was great and the bed was very comfortable. Even the shower was really nice!

The only thing I was a little disappointed with was check-in and breakfast. I guess I can't really complain about the breakfast, since it was included, but there was no bacon and the muffins were kind of hard. Really, a small complaint. In terms of check-in, when we arrived, the gentleman at the front desk was preoccupied with someone purchasing something at the snack bar, which is understandable, but when he saw us walk in he didn't greet us or tell us he'll just be a minute. He pretty much ignored us until he was done with the other guest, which was kind of rude.

Checkout was smooth though and the woman there was very polite. It was a relaxing night and nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alexandra S
Clive, IA
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in December for business trip. Got a really good "weekend rate" for a Thursday through Monday stay ($90). King bed & suite. Room was very spacious, with a kitchen that included stove, microwave, full refrigerator, and cooking utensils. Bed was comfortable. Free wireless internet was included and it was very fast. Good continental breakfast in morning that included oatmeal, eggs, meat, waffles, pastries, cereal, juices, and then some other item each morning that rotated, like pancakes, french toast, or biscuits. Food was decent. Staff at hotel was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again and try to book here first before other hotels. Location was not too far from airport, with many restaurants just a short drive away.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Back2Iowa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West? Share your experiences!