“What a nice surprise!”

Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Middle Island, New York
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I was on a 5 week roadtrip & driving from Detroit to Western NY. Wanted to see Toronto, but not stay in a large city. Of course my American iPhone G3 wouldn't work in Canada (ugh), so I stopped at the first location that looked good to me.

There were three hotels at this exit. The first two were about $40-$50 more than the Admiral Inn. I didn't need anything fancy- just safe & clean, but this hotel had so much more. First of all, my son loved the pool. Second, the microwave & large mini-fridge was a nice surprise. The bed was comfortable. The TV was a little outdated, but worked fine. There was some street noise (highway right there) so if you are overly sensitive I would get a room not on the highway side.

The staff was very nice from the front desk to the cleaning people. I was VERY comfortable here, especially being a woman traveling alone with a child. I would recommend it to all! Easy to get to, clean, new, comfortable & affordable- what else do you want from a hotel?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank thrillcats

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
High Wycombe
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My wife and I have stayed twice within 3 weeks at the Admiral Inn in Mississauga at the beginning and and end of our three weeks trip from the UK to Ontario. Overall, this is a great budget hotel that has some very pleasant staff.

Good Points: Large, clean rooms and public areas. Good buffet breakfast. Cheerful and accommodating staff. Walking distance to a small but useful mall (Sheridan Center on Erin Mills Parkway) - about 15 to 20 minutes walk. Very convenient for road network (just off QEW highway).

Not Quite-so-Goods/Points to mention: If you have any mobility issues then a car will be a must-have. The walk to the bus stop is 10-15 minutes and that will get you south to the Clarkson GO Train station (about a 10 minute ride and cheap) which gets you to downtown Toronto easily (about 30 mins journey). You can also go west towards Burlington etc from the same GO Train station. Other than transport, minor niggle was the laundry facilities - which are clean but limited meaning that you can wait around for a machine to become free (there is no booking a time facility).

Overall: We have had a really good couple of stays at the Admiral and would recommend it to others and stay again ourselves if we come by this way again.

Room Tip: Suggest that you ask for rooms facing north, away from the busy QEW highway. These rooms are very qu...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank turnpike_bob
Chagrin Falls, OH
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The hotel looks brand new and the rooms are amazing - large, very clean, comfortable. Convenient location, too, just a short drive to downtown Toronto. Breakfast was wonderful with an ample selection of breads, cereals, yogurts, fruits, juices and including hot items like eggs, bacon, and belgian waffles. Couldn't have asked for a better place! Thanks to Jordan Lulich and his staff for a great (but too short) stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bndakidz
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We liked our large room with a king-sized bed, fridge, and microwave. The room was away from the QEW and was quiet even with the window open. The staff were very considerate of our needs, including cleaning our room when we had early morning medical appointments. The location was close to Erin Mills Parkway and local public transit and a 24 hr grocery store. Very good hot breakfast and newspaper provided each morning. Only drawback to the location is the lack of nearby restaurants, except for a Swiss Chalet restaurant. We plan to return later this year and would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Connie306
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 13 April 2011

This place is all about location to get into Toronto. It is a 5 minute drive to Clarkson GO train station which goes to Union Station - dowtown Toronto, right on the QEW - about 20 minutes to downtown by car. A very safe area. There were not any restaurants in the immediate locale, but we spent our days and evenings in Toronto.
The hotel itself is immaculate - rooms are very comfortable and completely quiet - no traffic noise despite the closeness to QEW. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The front desk was so-so.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank kpenny88
Ipswich
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I chose the Inn after looking at Tripadvisor and reading the comments. I already knew the area as my dad is in a nearby care home. I want sure how quiet the place would be being so close to the QEW. I booked directly with the hotel and asked for a vegan breakfast. When I arrived on 22 February 2011 I was warmly welcomed and told the breakfast provided would have soya milk and margarine. This had been bough specially for me. The room was amazing, clean, quiet and well appointed. I slept well the whole week I was there. Breakfasts were a joy and tasty! The person who managed the breakfast had a very good eye for detail and set out a generous breakfast for all the guests.
I used the well maintained fitness room once and was glad of its simple guidelines for guests. The week went fast and I was sorry to leave as the manager Jordan heard me say. His reply was you would have to leave one day!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Duncanbruce
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2011

After looking at similarly priced hotels that included tacky upholstery,bed bugs, peeling swimming pool paint, finding the Admiral Inn Mississauga was a treat. It was affordable, modern, and super clean. When I walked into the room, it smelled like oranges and was obviously just cleaned. I can't tell you how many hotels I've been in only to find the fresh folded towels actually had hairs or foundation on them, the toilet was dirty under the seat, or the coffee maker had old grinds in it. Not this place. This truly is the first hotel I've been in where everything was changed and cleaned properly. I was impressed. I'd like to stress that I've been to hotels that are more expensive than this, but this truly was the cleanest and most well maintained one I've ever been too. I was amazed. Their cleaning staff should get a raise.

The beds were comfortable, the decor tasteful and modern, the rooms included microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker with coffee, phone, tv, closet with iron and a very nice bathroom, modern with a nice roomy tub/shower area.

The pool was a medium size pool, very clean, pool towels available in baskets around poolside. The hot tub is attached to the pool and it is built to overflow into the pool, making it a wonderful swimming experience, nice warm water - not hot but not ice cold like most pools - while still a refreshing swim, very relaxing. If I had to say anything that could be improved, it was that the hot tub could be hotter - but in the hotel's defense the staff were very friendly so I could have have asked them to turn up the thermostat, it's just that it was a late evening swim and I was exhausted from my drive.

The continental breakfast was fantastic. It's a self serve breakfast but it includes everything (waffles, bacon, sausage, fruit, yogurt, eggs, tea, coffee, juice, bagels and cream cheese, toast, etc). After a day of sight seeing, a 3 hour drive and a flight from Winnipeg, Manitoba, this was a wonderful treat to not have to cook or pay for another expensive meal for five. I had two 6 foot tall teenage boys with me and there was enough food to satisfy them both, which was amazing. And no extra charge! The other hotels offered coffee with toast and muffin - this place offered a meal! Very impressed. It also has a large tv hanging in the breakfast area so you can look at the local weather and traffic while you eat and talk about where you're going to go for the day.

The hotel is on a major thoroughfare and this made it very easy to get to tourist attractions. When I asked for directions to the zoo, the lady at the front desk upon seeing the pamphlets had all been taken printed me a map with detailed directions on it from her computer. The staff were fantastic.

I travel to this area often to see my family and I absolutely will go to this hotel again. It's inexpensive, incredibly clean, and a great breakfast. A wonderful night's stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank chriswuzhere
Admiral_Inn, General Manager at Admiral Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Thank you for the kind words. We pride ourself in offering you a great experience at a great price.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Thanks,

Jordan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Admiral Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!