“Great Bargain price!”

Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Windsor
“Great Bargain price!”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

A tightly run ship, keys are prelabelled, food is hot and decent (and free), beer at the front desk saves you a trip out, and much effort is made to keep the place looking and smelling clean. The price is a bargain in this area, you could pay twice as much and not have a decent place to sleep. Thank you Admiral!

Room Tip: call direct and get the special rate
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Rufoosio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Western NYS
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I was a little skeptical about booking at this hotel. We usually stay at B&B's for personal getaways, plus I was not familiar with the reservation site that they utilize (http://www.booking.com). Prior tripadvisor reviews were the push I needed to go for it. I'm so glad I did!! We were in the area for a concert at Polson Pier in Toronto and didn't want to spend a fortune for a metro hotel on top of our concert and travel expenses. Staying outside of the area was not only cost-effective, but it gave us a jump on our day when we didn't have to deal with morning traffic when leaving in the morning for the drive home. It was extremely convenient, too - only about 20 minutes from the venue and an easy, direct route.

The hotel itself was very nice - not cozy and personal like a B&B, not sumptuous like some higher-end hotels - but clean, convenient, quiet and accommodating. The check-in process was easy - polite and welcoming. Our room was spacious and clean with everything we needed and more (fridge, microwave). The pool area was clean and relaxing - a great way to unwind after our drive, before heading into Toronto for the concert. There are plenty of food choices in the area from Thai to the ever-present Tim Hortons to our beloved Swiss Chalet. Speaking of food choices - the 'continental' breakfast was wonderful!! So much more than what I would consider a 'continental' breakfast - there was fruit, hot entrees including eggs and breakfast meats (sausage, bacon), muffins, toast & jellies or honey, bagels & cream cheese, cereals, yogurt (Activia brand! Nice touch!), milk, juice, wonderful coffee. Be aware - the breakfast hours are morning only, not "Free Home-Style Continental Breakfast every day – all day!" as stated on the 'Amenities' page of the hotel's website. The hours breakfast is served are very accommodating - from 6:30 am to 10:00 or 11:00 am daily.

The only glitches were handled promptly and professionally. The hotel did not have record of our reservation made through booking.com. Unfortunately, I was told that this is not unusual - booking.com is supposed to fax over the reservations to the Admiral Inn and they apparently drop the ball on that with some regularity. I had my printed confirmation, which the desk clerk made record of to check us in and to communicate back to booking.com re: their failing. It's fortunate a room was available or this could have been a HUGE problem. In the future when we stay here, and we will, I will call the hotel directly to make my reservation OR call after I make one online to be sure they have record. I will also bring the printed confirmation again. Also, the lock to the pool area malfunctioned, and maintenance had to be called to allow us access. The lock was truly broken, causing an issue for maintenance that was not readily fixed during our stay. Yes, we were able to get into the pool in a matter of minutes, but the door had to remain propped during our stay, making me concerned for children in the hotel. Not an ideal situation.

I will not hesitate to stay here when we have occasion to visit Toronto and the surrounding suburbs in the future!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mtg57
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I'm glad I read reviews about this hotel. We picked this hotel because of it's location, price, free breakfast, free parking lot, and swimming pool. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. TV is not updated, you can say it's an "Old fashion TV" but we did not have a lot of time to watch anyway. I'm glad we picked this hotel because the price was great! The Go Train Station was not that far, a short distance to drive there from the hotel and we were able to find a parking spot. If it wasn't for TripAdvisor, then I'd not pick this Admiral Inn but glad I did! Thanks again, reviewers!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 20Sandy03
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We booked the Admiral Inn for a several day stay, based on Trip Advisor reviews and pricing of nearby hotels. We could have not made a better choice. This place is clean. The double queen room was LARGE and comfortable. The morning breakfast was great! Large selection of food including fruit, sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs, pastries, waffels, toast, yogert and all was very good. The Go train into Toronto is just a few blocks south of hotel (you don't want to drive into the city. The traffic and cost of parking is large). The QEW expressway interchange is a block away. Not much in immeadiate area for good American style dinner meal, but if you go north on Erin Mills to Dundas Street West (or left) you will find several of your favorite/ familar fast food places and a great, but somewhat pricey steak/seafood/bar named Walkers Fishmarket. Hats off to General Mgr. Jordan, his dad John, Evening Mgr. Yousuf, and entire crew for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on north (back) side as south side (front) has possible road noise from QEW expresswa...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CVP71
Middle Island, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I was on a 5 week roadtrip & driving from Detroit to Western NY. Wanted to see Toronto, but not stay in a large city. Of course my American iPhone G3 wouldn't work in Canada (ugh), so I stopped at the first location that looked good to me.

There were three hotels at this exit. The first two were about $40-$50 more than the Admiral Inn. I didn't need anything fancy- just safe & clean, but this hotel had so much more. First of all, my son loved the pool. Second, the microwave & large mini-fridge was a nice surprise. The bed was comfortable. The TV was a little outdated, but worked fine. There was some street noise (highway right there) so if you are overly sensitive I would get a room not on the highway side.

The staff was very nice from the front desk to the cleaning people. I was VERY comfortable here, especially being a woman traveling alone with a child. I would recommend it to all! Easy to get to, clean, new, comfortable & affordable- what else do you want from a hotel?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank thrillcats
High Wycombe
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My wife and I have stayed twice within 3 weeks at the Admiral Inn in Mississauga at the beginning and and end of our three weeks trip from the UK to Ontario. Overall, this is a great budget hotel that has some very pleasant staff.

Good Points: Large, clean rooms and public areas. Good buffet breakfast. Cheerful and accommodating staff. Walking distance to a small but useful mall (Sheridan Center on Erin Mills Parkway) - about 15 to 20 minutes walk. Very convenient for road network (just off QEW highway).

Not Quite-so-Goods/Points to mention: If you have any mobility issues then a car will be a must-have. The walk to the bus stop is 10-15 minutes and that will get you south to the Clarkson GO Train station (about a 10 minute ride and cheap) which gets you to downtown Toronto easily (about 30 mins journey). You can also go west towards Burlington etc from the same GO Train station. Other than transport, minor niggle was the laundry facilities - which are clean but limited meaning that you can wait around for a machine to become free (there is no booking a time facility).

Overall: We have had a really good couple of stays at the Admiral and would recommend it to others and stay again ourselves if we come by this way again.

Room Tip: Suggest that you ask for rooms facing north, away from the busy QEW highway. These rooms are very qu...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank turnpike_bob
Chagrin Falls, OH
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The hotel looks brand new and the rooms are amazing - large, very clean, comfortable. Convenient location, too, just a short drive to downtown Toronto. Breakfast was wonderful with an ample selection of breads, cereals, yogurts, fruits, juices and including hot items like eggs, bacon, and belgian waffles. Couldn't have asked for a better place! Thanks to Jordan Lulich and his staff for a great (but too short) stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bndakidz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Admiral Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!