“Always A Favourite”

Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Nirvana: the flavors of India is inspired by the elegance, culture and grandeur of a distant time. Consistently recognized as one of the top restaurants in Toronto and Mississauga. We welcome you and await for you to discover a dining experience unlike any other.
“Always A Favourite”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Personally I consider Nirvana to be the best Indian food in Mississauga I've ever come across. They have a pretty comprehensive menu from various regions of India. The lunch 'buffet' is served freshly made table side, it's a limited selection that changes daily but all you can eat. Not the cheapest in town or if you're looking for a 'curry in a hurry' but looking for good food this is your place.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MagellansStomach

Vancouver, Canada
“Nice Food and Nice Location”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Was close to commercial area and on main Hiways - Food was nice - Very Good Indian flavor. One of our associate really liked this facility and had his dinner many times in that facility.

Visited August 2013
London
“good service but little pricey”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Service was very effecient and food was well above average! ( as an Indian know the spices andrecipes!!) But drinks were expensive and that did spoil the evening. Paid $60 for 2 soft drinks, 2 starters, rice and 2 dishes and naan. Would not have minded but portions were quite small.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sukritisharma2002
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Customer Service!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have been going to Nirvana since 2 yrs.Everytime I & my hubby visit we get a small table in a corner, which we did not mind much as we were 2 adults. Today we were 3 ( with our 6month old son). We were the first to get in for lunch. The whole place was empty and again the manager offered us a small table in the corner. I asked him for a bigger table in the center dinning hall, to which he refused saying it was reserved for a party, then I asked him for the ones near the window to which also he refused and finally made us sit near the bar counter. The location near the bar was horrible. All I could see was the vacume cleaner,cooler, hot towel rack etc etc. After sometime I saw people walking in who were made to sit in the main dinning hall, even families like us 3 and 4 people. Later I called the manager and asked him why he dint allow us there, to which he is telling "my wish". I always had a feeling he treated us differently. Today they proved it. They make you feel like they are giving you free food.
There was no salt n pepper on the table, no one asked if the food was good,The ladies washroom dint even have a diaper changing station & today even there credit card machine was not working!!!!!!
I hope Nirvana changes the manger soon ! He has an attitude problem.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shweta G
Toronto, Canada
“Hired Nirvana to Cater my Wedding - Bad Decision!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Nirvana the Flavors of India catered my wedding reception (a Punjabi wedding for 550 people) at the end of June 2013. Unfortunately, they were the only vendor hired during my 1 week long wedding who caused problems for us and did not do what was expected. They did not bring enough food to feed our guests, did not serve finger foods as we agreed upon, forgot a couple of a dishes in our contract (which they emailed us) and did not serve dinner and appetizers at the times and duration which we discussed with them. They also did not check when trays were empty, leaving both rice and naan empty for long time (even though family members continued to remind them that they were empty). My mother and uncle had to continue to remind the chefs when we wanted dinner served and when dishes were empty and how to speed up their cooking time to keep up (ie. pouring 1 gulab jaman at a time in a large dish for a reception is not fast enough - not to worry, my mother taught them what to do!).

Upon a meeting with the owner and key staff after the event, the owner (who is not often involved in the managing of the restaurant) did apologize and take responsibility. However, the manager (Karan) and chefs who were responsible for our event did not apologize and were quite rude and did attempt to deflect blame. Nor did we ever get a good explanation from anyone of why they did not meet to plan and organize the food for our event as they claim they do for other events - especially since the manager (who is in charge and says he works 7 days a week) kept his eyes down and barely spoke during the meeting.

Not sure why there was a lack of service and professionalism but my family has thrown many parties in the past and were very embarrassed that some of our guests did not have food to eat. Also unsure if one of the chefs will be with Nirvana for very long, or if the owner was attempting to appease us, but regardless I hope this helps and is a word of caution before having Nirvana The Flavors of India cater an event for you.

• Visited June 2013