“Great people, good times, warm bed and breakfast feeling”

Always Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Great people, good times, warm bed and breakfast feeling”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

First experience at a Bed and Breakfast and overall it was awesome!

First Impression - John and Chris - Warm greeting giving us a lay of the land, John offered his space to me for my laptop and gave me a detailed breakdown of what to do where to eat with pamphlets, etc - This helped us decide on what to do where to go and what to do. Free water and coffee always offered and candies.

The house is beautiful, looks smaller from the outside but it is a lot larger inside with all kinds of space and we were treated like it was all ours for the duration of the visit. (Allowed to put things in the fridge, etc)

House / Room - We stayed in the lighthouse room for 2 nights and it was good, nice cute them and then we transferred on new years due to capacity to a different room which was just as comfortable convenient - really great of John to have offered us this option as it completed our booking/stay nicely. Wifi worked great all over the house!

Breakfast - We we were alone first few days and the breakfasts were well prepared and too much to eat :) Bacon and Sausages and Eggs a variety was provided to us over the 3 days stay no complaints at all. My only suggestion is to include some home fries potato wedges since that is a personal favorite :)

Treatment / Stay Analysis - The stay was great John and his friends over the 3 days gave us lifts to the falls and to a bank machine, offered us everything and catered to our requirements amazingly. (extra pillows, umbrellas) I believe this is how a B&B should be delivered and the last day having other people there to interact with was great as well; I read some reviews before saying that the hosts are intrusive; that is nonsense they are trying to ensure you are looked after. John was also good at giving us solid directions on how to drive to places and with booking a few of the things we wanted to do. (Wine Tour, Falls attractions). One thing is if you are walking (and on New Years walking is better as the cab drivers will attempt to get 20 dollars out of you for a 8 dollar fare) is that in order to get there in 10 minutes you would have to run (Horseshoe Falls) so just take note of that it will take longer at a regular pace or if someone has legs that cramp up easily. (But as noted above, I am sure that if he is not busy John will offer some help with that :))

Overall great enjoyable stay, my wife is new to Canada and this couple provided her with an unforgettable experience. (And told us some funny stories about their experiences hosting B&B ::)

Thanks so much!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank passion4u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Always inn bed and breakfast is one of the best B & B stays you can have.. we had a warm welcome and very cosy night, John and Christie make you feel at home, excellent rooms and ameneties, great all homemade breakfast all complements with the victorian style home, games room in the basement where your kids can have fun and you too.. all add a chill to the place .. highly recommended

Room Tip: liliana room is acosy rose couple paradise
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank mqataty
Ontario
Reviewed 31 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights over Thanksgiving weekend. It was our first B&B experience so we were a little nervous/awkward staying with strangers. We were put at ease though and really made to feel like we were at a home away from home.

John & Chris go out of their way, above and beyond, to make their guests comfortable.

I think I gained 5 lbs from the extraordinarily yummy breakfast. You won't be disappointed!

We really appreciated the unlimited water/bottled water as it was over 20C that weekend and we did a TON of walking!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank vividexpression
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Will visit again because we made most welcome. Home away from home.

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank Salim00625
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I really love this place. I chose the room with the lighthouse theme. The room was filled with the lighthouse related items – the bed, side table, hand towel, door stopper, etc. Most importantly, the room was clean. The owners (John & Chris) really take pride in their work.

Upon my arrival, I met John who patiently introduced me to the places that I can visit at Niagara Falls. Knowing that I was on a tight schedule, he suggested the possible places and gave advice on how best I can maximize the time. John even took trouble to contact the staffs or check the websites to confirm the operating hours.

The breakfast was great too. You won't want to continue lying on the bed once you smell that the breakfast was ready. Wow!

During the period of visit which was November, I faced a challenge in venturing out to Niagara-on-the-lake, as there is no bus service to that area. John & Chris offered to drive me to the Niagara-on-the-lake, butterfly sanctuary and a tour of the winery at a reasonable price. Taxi fare to these places is unthinkable. I bought a few bottles of wine and the nice couple even offered me air bubble bags to wrap them. On the day when I left, John even drove me to the bus station at no cost. Nice of them right?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank flowerpotbee
Madrid
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Hi!!!
We spend a night in Always Inn and was perfect!! The best: breakfast!!! Amazing!!John and Chris are very kind, and the room was beautiful and clean.
Excellent choice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank ols77
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The Always Inn is simply perfect to visit Niagara Falls.
It is in walking distance from anywhere, they welcome families (we travelled with our 4 years old daughter), the hosts are kind, informed and extremely helpful.
The rooms are comfortable and extremely clear.
Just hope they have a room for you.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family