“Beautiful home, Yummy Breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Gables Bed & Breakfast

Blue Gables Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
“Beautiful home, Yummy Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband, his parents and I stayed here for the first time on a Saturday. Yvette was incredibly kind, helpful and a lot of fun! She made dinner reservations for us and made sure we were comfortable in our respective rooms..which are so lovely! We stayed in the honeymoon suite which gives you total privacy and a jacuzzi. We loved it! The in laws stayed in another suite on the main floor called Victorian, which had a private little balcony over looking the koi pond, which was so tranquil, you would not even know you were in a city,let alone close to the falls! It is a stones throw away from the tourist district and anything else you would ever want to see in Niagara or Niagara on the Lake.

Breakfast was delicious! Yvette made her homemade yogurt, which is a must for anyone who stays here. The french toast was amazing, and the cinnamon just topped it off.

I highly recommend staying here, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite has tons of privacy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gina V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful house with a very welcoming and generous host. We had a lovely few days in Niagara. I strongly recommend hiring the bikes that are available at the house (much cheaper than other companies in the area) for a ride to Niagara on the Lake!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura H
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in March 14.

Located near the Niagara Falls, the house is lovely and cosy, the room clean and comfortable.

Our host Yvette is very nice and helpful. Breakfast was a highlight every morning. Yvette's special homemade yogurt is the best I ever had.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BerniceUPA
Belmar, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I traveled to Niagara Falls to celebrate our anniversary while visiting the falls. After doing much research, I selected the Blue Gables B&B as the place where we would spend 3 nights. I chose the Victorian room because it had a private porch near the koi pond and because it looked like it was a nice large room to move around in. From the moment we first met Yvette and Joe and walked into our room, we were very impressed. The room and the house for that matter, are immaculately clean and homey. Attention to detail is a top priority with them. The bed was very comfortable and the blanket on the bed was the softest I've ever felt; I couldn't stop rubbing it :-) The breakfasts were outstanding! Yvette offered to make her famous yogurt and I declined because I didn't want her to go to all of the trouble for just me - I knew my husband wouldn't eat it. However, after reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, I wish I hadn't acted so quickly to turn it down as I hear it is amazing!! Yvette went to the market to purchase maple syrup for me to bring home to my friends and family and she was able to get it for half the price I would have paid at one of the souvenir shops. Their recommendations on places to visit and eat were great and we enjoyed everywhere we went. Yvette even called and made reservations for us. The B&B is centrally located only minutes from downtown and the falls which made it very easy for us to find our way around. We also purchased the WEGO pass which allowed us to ride the bus instead of taking our car with us every time we went out and I would highly recommend doing that, as parking can be as much as $15 at many of the facilities. We wanted to get an early start on our last day there and decided to leave before breakfast. Yvette packed us a nice little lunch complete with mini brownies for our ride to Cooperstown, NY. With several Bed and Breakfasts to choose from in the area, I know that I made the right choice for our visit to Niagara Falls. Thank you Yvette and Joe for being such outstanding hosts.

Room Tip: Go for the Victorian; you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BelmarGirl
Port Jefferson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Blue Gables is a pristine victorian Bed & Breakfast run by Yvette & her husband Joe. The home is truly filled with love. The hosts are friendly, caring & go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable & have all your questions answered. The breakfast prepared by Yvette is delicious! She graciously served all 9 of us & made sure everyone was totally satisfied. Our rooms were kept clean.We were thrilled to have such beautiful furnishings to enjoy living in for 2 nights. The outside porches were great for socializing on; the fish pond was filled with gorgeous fish that we could feed; the owners even went to the local store to buy maple syrup for me to bring home to my children. They are more than thoughtful..they are genuinely caring about our happiness while staying at Blue Gables. The best B & B ever!

Room Tip: The room in the back is very private & newly decorated. It is large & romantic with a hot t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lori L
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate to stay in this beautiful house. The owners are very nice and friendly and all ways made me feel welcome, they provided lots of local knowledge. If you can get a chance to stay here please do, I highly recommend it. If any one at home in the UK I know come to Niagara Falls I will make sure they know about this place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Gordongrant4482
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

This being my first experience with a B&B I was somewhat cautious. Turns out it was amazing! The room was clean and very comfortable. My hosts, Yvette and Joe, proved to be very caring people. The breakfasts served were excellent ... the yogurt and pastries are worth boasting about. I've already made my reservations to go back in a few months.I strongly recommend them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo