Our whole vacation was to 'get away' for a long weekend. I booked the Crowne Plaza to be adjacent to the Fallsview Waterpark. At first I was taken by the price, about $625 with taxes and parking for three nights, but its worth it. I never stayed at this location before, and the Fallsview Resort gives you several hotel options. With the Sheraton running about $80 a night more, the Crowne Plaza makes sense.
Yes, its a 80 year old property, and the bathrooms and room itself is small compared to the newer rooms. You just have to compare this hotel to the Atlantic City Claridge or the Times Square Days Inn. Older properties where people make the experience.
We were greeted by Jeremy, who had us room bound in minutes. The room, while a little smaller, was spotless, had the falls view, wi-fi, good tv, and a strong shower. About 5 minutes after check-in, we were greeted with a welcome letter from the GM and bottles of water. Its not needed, but a nice acknowledgement after a 8 hour drive.
The hotel pool / hot tub was spotless, as were the public areas and lobby. I am doing separate reviews for the waterpark and attractions, but simply put by staying here, you do not need to go outside to access the waterpark, Hard Rock, Rainforest Cafe, Sheraton, the Hershey Store, the Soda Shop,Adventure City, or the Casino Niagara, or the inhouse buffets, food courts, etc. You also can do room charges from several locations, including the waterpark, allowing a cash-less day.
This is the place to be with kids or older folks who want to be close to the action. With all the entertainment, restaurants, etc., you really don't need to go far from your room. I would stay here again. Added, it was almost a free stay after winning $500 in Casino Niagara the night before check-out, so my stay was only about $150 at check-out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic elegance at the Falls. The AAA/CAA rated 3-Diamond/4 Star fallsview hotel is located directly across from Niagara Falls, in the heart of the tourist district. The Crowne features indoor connections to Casino Niagara, Fallsview Indoor Waterpark, and the attractions, entertainment and dining options located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort. A getaway at the Crowne is a rewarding experience in part a result of first class amenities, spectacular fallsview guestrooms & suites, and exquisite fallsview fine dining at The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Crowne Plaza