“Terrific Location - Historic and Fun!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview

Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview
Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Brockville, Canada
“Terrific Location - Historic and Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here recently while travelling to a basketball tournament with our daughter's team. The location was PERFECT. Right there beside the falls - attached to casino, waterpark, coffee shops, restaurants, world-class restaurant, spa, and parking garage! Just a stone's throw from all the local attractions. Very old/historic hotel, with elegant lobby and reception area, lots of great historic falls photos, etc. Rooms (ESPECIALLY the bathrooms) were pretty small (we were just in a regular 2 x double bed room), which was our only complaint - but to be expected considering the age of the hotel. Things just weren't as "big" in days gone by. They were spotlessly clean with comfy beds, nice linens, and all the usual ammenities in the room. Reception staff were super helpful, as were elevator operators, bellman, check-in desk, etc. when in came to checking in/checking out, luggage, directions, and entertainment ideas! "Extra" charges are a bit steep - but also to be expected given the touristy nature of the town - but be prepared to budget for parking fee, internet fee, "resort" charge, having a fridge in your room, etc. on your final bill. Worth it - considering the location. Would DEFINITELY stay here again.

Room Tip: Fallsview rooms are pricier. Maybe corner rooms are a bit bigger than the standard doubles.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
joseph_Crowne_GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Tania B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel: the Crowne Plaza, Niagara Falls - Fallsview.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at our hotel! As a property we strive to provide all of our guests fun and memorable experiences.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we truly hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Joseph Legace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked the hotel through Expedia.ca for a husband and wife one night get-away. We paid $300.00 for what we thought was an average room. We did not expect a falls view, but we did expect a room worth $300.00. Out first room offered opened onto the pool. The smell of chlorine was so strong- it actually burned the eyes.. no way we could have slept there. We were given a room on the 9th floor. Imagine our shock and awe as we entered a room that was 8 feet wide and 10 feet long. The bed as 6 inches wider than a twin sized mattress. The wheeled carry-on would not fit between the chair and the hallway to the door- it had to be carried into the room. We had to crawl across the bed to enter the washroom. The toilet had no tank, and instead, had a handle like a public washroom to flush. We are below average sized people, and WE had to remove the toilet paper to use the toilet- imagine someone larger? Forget using the cupboard- it would not open because it hit the bed. We actually invited strangers into our room to show them the shoebox we were given for $300.00. They were shocked. We will NEVER stay here again- we were totally mislead and ripped off. WHAT A JOKE....no outlets for phone charging, remote did not work, when we called the front desk , we got the Sheraton, and they questioned US...really ...it was unbelievable!!! NEVER...NEVER...NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: If they don't tell you the size of the bed- it is meant for 1 person. The 9th floor is right un...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kimberley K
Dear Kimberly K,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at our hotel: the Crowne Plaza, Niagara Falls - Fallsview.

Secondly, I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. As a vintage property, our rooms are smaller than the more modern day hotel. As you booked through a third party website, you booked a standard room, which is a smaller room, typically not offering a fallsview. Typically, calling our hotel directly, allows us to ensure that your expectations and room type is confirmed by one of our colleagues.

In addition, we truly appreciate the feedback in regards to the issues you experienced in your washroom. We will look into further on you behalf to ensure this is rectified.

We will also be investigating the issues you experienced with being directed to the Sheraton front desk. The guest directory in all of our guest rooms outlines extensions for the hotel, and our operator is conveniently listed as extension "1" for all guest inquriies. We will follow up to ensure this is communicated.

Thank you very much for your time, feedback and your patronage.

Rural Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Nice old hotel with very friendly staff. Lots of photos throughout of days gone by - a place with history and character. Great location with lovely views of the falls.

But.

The 'historic' aspect means some of the hardware is quite outdated. Our room was cleaned, one day, and the door was not shut properly meaning anybody could have entered. When I pointed this out to the housekeeping staff, they were very apologetic, but it should not have happened. I did NOT take this up with the hotel management because we did not lose anything and I did not want the (immigrant) worker to face the consequences of a situation that was largely caused by wear and tear of an old building. Yes, she could have pulled the door harder, but that should not be necessary. Hotel management should note this problem and do something about it.

We had interconnecting rooms, our children being next door. For us as a family, we're used to hearing each-others noises (including the odd "discussion" between two teenagers), I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed hearing someone else.... If you like your privacy, ask NOT to be put in rooms with an interconnecting door - again, largely a 'hardware' issue.

We only took breakfast once. The view is spectacular but - alas - so was the price. There's plenty of food on offer within walking distance, so this is not a problem.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with an interconnecting door if you value your privacy. Check your door shuts and locks...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
joseph_Crowne_GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Nossi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza, Niagara Falls - Fallsview.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and found our staff both professional and friendly.

We are however, saddened to read that you did experience some issues during your stay. As a vintage property, our rooms are smaller than the more modern-day hotels. We thrive to provide our guests with a unique and historic atmosphere, and we are truly sorry our property did not meet your expectations.

Furthermore, I will follow up with our colleagues to ensure we are appropriately communicating our noise policies to our guests, should they be advised of a noise issue.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that we can further develop of product and our services.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here mid-April to celebrate my step-dads 60th birthday. Upon arrival, we received a warm welcome and check-in was fast. We had 2 adjoining rooms overlooking the falls-what a view! Staff couldnt do enough, we had informed them that we were celebrating a birthday and they knocked on the door on the first night to give my step-dad a birthday card and some chocolates, nice touch. Beds were comfy, had the best nights sleep whilst staying here. Rooms are on the small side but then you don't spend all day sat in there so didn't really bother us. They were also very warm, we had the window open most of the time but was nice to hear the falls as lay in bed. Used the restaurant a few times for breakfast, staff very helpful and good selection of food. The hotel is in a great location, close to all amenities. Would stay here again if I ever visited Niagara again.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Thomo1401
joseph_Crowne_GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Thomo1401,

We are extremely glad that you, and your family, enjoyed your time at our property. At the Crowne Plaza, we strive to provide our guests memorable experiences, highlighted by a unique vintage hotel. I will follow up with our colleagues to commend them on making your fathers 60th birthday extremely memorable.

Thank you for your time, feedback and your patronage. We truly hope you will join us again in the future.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel Saturday, April 26, 2014. This is the first time I am writing anything negative on line. If this blog helps even one person it would have been worth writing. I was extremely disappointed with my stay at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview. I felt I was in Econo Lodge. Once I entered the room the room was hot. I turned on the AC to cool the room but the room did not cool. I called maintenance. Maintenance came and opened the window and told me the room will cool soon. After repeated request to turn on the AC I was told the AC was turned off and that the thermostat did not control the tempeture in the room. The toilet was so low and small. It was cramped in a corner and difficult sitting and getting up and down and I am only 5’3”. The both bed had dips in them and sheets…well lets say I have had much better looking and white sheets at Hampton Inn. The TV something I would expect to find in a motel. The coffee maker stuffed on a low tiny table with no coffee. There was no closet in the room, just a tiny opening with a rod. When I hug my coat the coat was sticking out into the hallway. The room was overstuffed to meet the 5 star rating requirements of Crown Plaza. Believe me it was NO CROWN PLAZA experience…IT WAS A CHEEP MOTEL experience. Also, I booked this hotel on line and believe me the front desk let me know about it. Staying here was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I will never ever use this hotel nor recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't book thru 3rd party. The front desk let's you know you did and do nothing to help you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lata H
Dear Lata H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza, Niagara Falls - Fallsview.

We are very sorry that our historic and vintage property were not to your standards. As the first hotel in the Niagara area, our rooms are somewhat smaller than the more-modern day hotel. Furthermore, as it is still Spring, our A/C has not been turned on in the hotel, as we are still experiencing fluxuations in termperatures daily.

Thank you for your feedback and your patronage.

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here over Spring Break and the Crowne Plaza is just lovely. No, it is not a brand new building but that is what attracted me to it. The front lobby, chadelier and entrance are so pretty. Our fallsview room was a little small compared to newer hotels but we didn't mind at all. We did wish there had been a refrigerator but we made due. The location is SO convenient and if we didn't feel like leaving, we wouldn't have had to. Through a series of tunnels and hallways, you don't have to step outside to access to a casino, waterpark, arcade, restaurants like the Hard Rock and Rainforest cafe, the gift shop, coffee shop etc. Parking was fine, and about the price you have to pay in a large, tourist driven area.

I did end up accidentally leaving some clothes in the top drawer of our dresser. I emailed the hotel and was very promtply responded to. It did cost me and arm and leg to have it shipped back to the States but that was my fault for leaving them there in the first place.

Excellent service, super-comfy bed, lovely view from our bed. We'd absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a Fallsview room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alligrrrrl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel: the Crowne Plaza, Niagara Falls - Fallsview.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and truly hope you will return in the future.

Ancaster, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

The Crowne Plaza of Niagara falls couldnt possibly be in a better location. Situated very close to all the attractions on clifton hill, its the perfect spot. Rooms are small, but very, very clean. Almost too clean in regards to their being tons and tons of white! Not a good place to stay with children due to this! But rooms are beautiful, as is the exterior of the building. Staff was friendly and accommodating. One issue I had was there was not an ice machine on our floor, although that really wasnt a big deal at all.

However, the parking at this hotel is a completely nightmare. I realize its a populated area and space is minimal, but it was absolutely ridiculous. Because of the parking issue, there is no way I would ever stay here again. It has nothing to do with the hotel, because if it were just for that I would have no problem returning. But the stress that the parking caused was absolutely unacceptable.

(I put average for Spa & Breakfast as we never went to either the spa or the restaurant)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
joseph_Crowne_GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls - Fallsview, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear meow222,

We were thrilled to read that you found our vintage hotel "beautfiful" and truly appreciate the feedback on the services our colleagues were able to provide you.

With that being said, we are truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced in our shared parking facility. As a property, we require your feedback in order to further grouw as a hotel. Unfortunately, at times of high occupancy, our parking facility can become busy. We will use your feedback to ensure these issues are rectified.