“I would not stay here again if THEY paid ME”
Review of Rainbow Motor Inn

Rainbow Motor Inn
Ranked #103 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Boston, Massachusetts
“I would not stay here again if THEY paid ME”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This is the WORST place I have ever stayed in my entire life. We chose it because of the great location and the fact that the other 10 hotels I tried were completely booked (holiday weekend). I should have turned right around after seeing the lobby, but decided that it can't be THAT bad....I was wrong, it was worse.

The room they gave us looked like a a murder had taken place 30 years ago (with a violent struggle), and that it hadn't been used since. There were dark stains all over the carpet, the room stunk, pieces of the wall and ceiling had falling off and were littering the floor (they didn't even vacuum it!), every surface was covered in a layer of dust (we were constantly sneezing), the bathroom had mold growing in the tub and sink, and the bed was supported on bricks.

We quickly got out of there and I went to complain at the front desk (the phone in the room didn't work and it looked like I would catch some sort of disease just by touching it), but it was CLOSED, and it was only 6pm! There was a small note that said to call a # to contact the manager. Being in Canada, my cell phone didn't work and as I mentioned before, the room phone didn't work either. I lucked out and he walked past me while I was reading the note, so I complained about the room and he didn't seem surprised. He switched us to his his "best" room (no refunds...). The new room didn't look like it had just gone through a drug raid, so we stayed the night and left as soon as possible the next morning.

This place might be appealing to you if you're an escaped prisoner or drug dealer hiding from the cops, but besides that, stay away!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Kingnog

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tillsonburg, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2011

every one of these reviews are true and not a conspriacy against the owner as he will try to tell you
orginaly stayed there to experience the indoor sky diving and booked it as a package
we had the same experience as every one else
first the price was haggeld over
you are not allowed to see the room first
the place looks like a wrecking yard (several cars on blocks) and you still pay for parking when you stay there
like the one review says,
YOU ARE BETTER OFF TO SLEEP IN YOUR CAR
IT IS SLIMPLY A HELL HOLE,
bugs, wallpaper falling of smells, wires exposed
again don't just take my word for it, see all other reviews THEY ARE TRUE )

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank traverler101
Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed 19 September 2010

My husband invited me to go to Niagara Falls at the last minute and it was a challenge to find availability at a reasonable price. I found this place and called the toll free number and was quoted $69.00 plus $5.00 for our dog. They stated it was 100 steps to the casino (more like 350 but what is an extra 250 steps). It is located directly across from this freefall experience which is an ongoing noise machine. If you want somewhere quiet this is not the place. Lets start with checking in, we go to the fron desk and it is horribly cluttered and in need of cleaning. I guess they don't go with the motto about making a good first impression. When we go to check in the guy asks what rate we were quoted and I told him $69.00 and he said that was their weekday rate and I said well here is my confirmation number. So he let it go at $69.00 which is a heck of lot to pay for this place. Lets go to the room - it was cheap so I didn't expect much, but clean would have been good as a start. Our dog ate crumbs of some sort off the floor that were not vacuumed up. I got a little freaked out when I found a long black hair on my nightgown (I am blond and my husband has brown hair) after sleeping in the bed. I could not even have a shower in the tub because it looked very grungy. I put the dog's mat on the floor and when I lifted it up to pack it up to take home there were hundreds of ants under it. You should only stay here as a very last resort, if you don't care about cleanliness or the condition of the room.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Flash2
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Just wanted to warn people that are thinking of going to this motel, I was told that it was a decent motel for people on a budget but my advice is...DO NOT go to this motel, we paid approximately $90.00 per night, and it was horrible! the person at the check in desk was non attentive, he just wanted the money, he did not attempt to give us any info on attractions and such, in the room, the floor was carpeted, extremely disgusting, stained and smelly, the bathroom was the same, I think the bath and the walls haven't been cleaned in months along with the mildewy smell, I had to get air freshener! There were cob webs and spiders in the bethroom, we even had to get our own toilet paper because they did not give us any refills! The pillow covers had blood stains on them, thank God I brought my own pillow! When we left for the day, we came back only to find that that bed covers were THROWN on our beds and not properly made, the bath towels, if that's what you can call them, were also just thrown on the rack, not nicely put. Outside the room was littered with beer cans and bags of chips, sunflower shells etc. My boyfriend complained about the motel room and service, the attendant just said "sorry". I STRONGLY URGE everybody that wants to go to Niagara Falls and are looking for a budget motel to PLEASE not go at this motel. Niagara Falls is so worth spending a little extra money and getting a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LISA155032
Cleveland
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Almost every hotel was booked because of the holiday weeked. This is the dirtiest place I have ever stayed in my entire life. Stains all over the mattress, dust, coffee tables and dressers had sticky glass rings all over them. The bathroom was so gross, the windows cobwebs all over them. The pool is the size of a hotub. Just pay a little more and stay someplace else. You may be taking home bugs or some sort of skin disease home with you if you stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank LauraT1980
london
Reviewed 1 May 2010

looking for a place close to the falls we thought the rainbow inn sounded nice, and also the sign hanging said 49.00 a nite. we went in and apparently the sign was for during the week not the weekend rate. the reception area was a freaking mess but i just took it to mean they were very busy, which is good. no......
we were the second floor so we got to stare at all the crap around the pool and the chairs that someone had thrown in the pool as we climbed the stairs. when we first went in the room my boyfriend saw a furry creature run up the wall but he didnt tell me cuz he knew id freak out. but thats okay i saw the woodbugs living in the wet spot on the ceiling above the bed.
so we went down for a refund... nope...
so then we went to the casino and tried to win enough money to just go get a different room.
we didnt win. when we got back to the room there were now woodbugs in the bathroom too, this is when my boyfriend tells me about the furry creature from before. i cried, we left and went home. never ever ever stay at the rainbow inn

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mydogcooper
London, Ontario
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This place stinks, literely. I got a bad feeling from the time I checked in. We made a reservation but not required as the person at the desk just askes for the price you were quoted and there is no way it would ever be full. Once in the room I went right down to the office and asked for my mony back, but he said sorry no refunds.

DO NOT STAY HERE