Rainbow Motor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Best Western Fallsview(Niagara Falls)
  • Pool
The Maple Leaf Motel(Niagara Falls)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This is the most horrible experience I have ever walk into. Keep in mind, I have traveled to very foreign and in some cases third world countries and nothing was more disgusting than this experience. Garbage everywhere - outside, in the room, dirty blankets - we had to stay there nothing else was available but realistically in the end we slept in our car cause that was a thousand times better. The mold smell in the room, filthy sheets, and caked in dirty carpet are a health risk. The worst part of all this (I know hard to believe it can get worst) was the manager was a complete mean and rude. He wouldn't give us our money back - we had booked online and the reviews looked great and so did the pictures (should of looked on tripadvisor - I will never make that mistake again). Complete false advertising and when called on it the manager was such a little man and extremely rude about it - couldn't care at all about his reputation. He runs this place with is mother...need I say more!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank cole359
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Ewwwww. Would not get refund. And the manager had his own room so we parked are car had full battery so we put on are high beem light in his window. My and my wife can sleep with the light on. Should of seen his face. Now that was worth the laughs and price

• Stayed: June 2011
9  Thank Youand
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The smell of mold,fungus,gangrene,staleness when you walk in the room should tell you right away to walk right back out the door,we only stayed because we were looking for a room at 12 midnight and this was the most closest and cost efficient at the time,i usually always ask to look at the room before I get it but this is the first time I didn't and boy did we pay for it..slept with layers of clothes on to avoid bed bugs, I showered because I think the tub was the only thing that had been cleaned,was afraid to use their towels and walk bare feet on the moldy,dirty carpet...Never AGAIN!

Room Tip: if you want a good room,hotels.com read reviews!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Blckdimond85
1Biscayne, Manager at Rainbow Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

NOTICE: The Rainbow Motor Inn has been undergoing renovations and is under new management. The Inn gives a 100% satisfaction guarantee to its customers. If a customer is not satisfied with a room at check in then another room is offered. If this is also unacceptable then the customer is given a refund.
For customers with reservations: If a customer is not satisfied then another room is offered. There is also 24 hour maid service. If a customer has any problems with their room then it will be taken care of.
The Rainbow Motor Inn is fully inspected.
Our Motto : IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY .... WE'RE NOT HAPPY

Reviewed 24 June 2011

This is the WORST place I have ever stayed in my entire life. We chose it because of the great location and the fact that the other 10 hotels I tried were completely booked (holiday weekend). I should have turned right around after seeing the lobby, but decided that it can't be THAT bad....I was wrong, it was worse.

The room they gave us looked like a a murder had taken place 30 years ago (with a violent struggle), and that it hadn't been used since. There were dark stains all over the carpet, the room stunk, pieces of the wall and ceiling had falling off and were littering the floor (they didn't even vacuum it!), every surface was covered in a layer of dust (we were constantly sneezing), the bathroom had mold growing in the tub and sink, and the bed was supported on bricks.

We quickly got out of there and I went to complain at the front desk (the phone in the room didn't work and it looked like I would catch some sort of disease just by touching it), but it was CLOSED, and it was only 6pm! There was a small note that said to call a # to contact the manager. Being in Canada, my cell phone didn't work and as I mentioned before, the room phone didn't work either. I lucked out and he walked past me while I was reading the note, so I complained about the room and he didn't seem surprised. He switched us to his his "best" room (no refunds...). The new room didn't look like it had just gone through a drug raid, so we stayed the night and left as soon as possible the next morning.

This place might be appealing to you if you're an escaped prisoner or drug dealer hiding from the cops, but besides that, stay away!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Kingnog
Reviewed 3 January 2011

every one of these reviews are true and not a conspriacy against the owner as he will try to tell you
orginaly stayed there to experience the indoor sky diving and booked it as a package
we had the same experience as every one else
first the price was haggeld over
you are not allowed to see the room first
the place looks like a wrecking yard (several cars on blocks) and you still pay for parking when you stay there
like the one review says,
YOU ARE BETTER OFF TO SLEEP IN YOUR CAR
IT IS SLIMPLY A HELL HOLE,
bugs, wallpaper falling of smells, wires exposed
again don't just take my word for it, see all other reviews THEY ARE TRUE )

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple