“NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!!!”

Ranked #107 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Newark, Ohio, United States
“NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

omg.... I really wasn't expecting much due to the price of the room but this was down right disgusting!!! They will not even provide you with towels at this hotel...and I'm not talking about "pool towels"..I'm talking towels for the shower!! Our toilet leaked all over the floor, went to leave and just happened to make sure the door locked in behind us and it was easily pushed right open!! I was scared to sit down on anything..let alone turn off the lights to sleep! Needless to say, we kept our room key since we had already paid for the room and we went down the street to the Sunset Inn to stay! I refused to turn in the key that same night so they couldn't double rent it for our night!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Peggy R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I just came back from a quick weekend getaway to Niagara falls.
I searched forever…… to find a place to stay that would be under $200.00 a night and then I found this little gem
I for a fri and Sat stay I paid $243.00 TOTAL; which was more than I could asks for.
Other places in the area were running at a minimum about 200 each night.
. The location is about three blocks from the Horseshoe Falls. and about one block from the casino. This is an old school style Motel without all the frills, some would say tacky but I didn’t care, because this place was clean with a large room and a king bed. And there was hot running water.... wooohooo. Outside the room , there are two chairs and s small table . The motel has a small outdoor pool. Nothing to brag about, but It was clean and the water was warm and there is a Tim Hortons coffee shop next door. In my opinion. This is your best option, if you are looking for a simple clean affordable place to stay .There are a couple of things that I would like to note, for example you are not provided with shampoo and there is no refrigerator or microwave in the room. When I needed Ice I went to the front desk to get it. and I don’t recall there being a phone in the room.

If you have high expectations, this is not the place for you. This place fulfilled the need and I used all the money I saved to do some of the attractions in Niagara.
Please let me know if this review was helpful………. Good luck

Room Tip: 1. Map out the area before arriving . 2. Check the Niagara Casino to see if there is a show you m...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Traveling00Man
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I can't say my experience was as bad as the previous reviews - I mean this is nothing top of the line and was pretty much on par what I expected upon booking, but the single thing that will make me not go back or recommend to other others is that the owner also uses the parking lot of the motel... As a paid parking lot. Anyone can park there. The lot can be full at any given time, so even if you have a room there, you can be SOL getting any parking. Me and my wife came back at around 11pm after a night on the town, and there were people standing in parking spots, holding them, trying to wave their friends in.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank tristaph
1Biscayne, Manager at Rainbow Motor Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
The Rainbow Motor Inn offers parking for all of its guests. Each room has one parking spot guaranteed, so guests never have to worry about not having a parking spot. When the parking lot is busy there is usually a parking attendant showing customers where to park. Most of the Hotels in the Fallsview area have paid parking.
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Everything has already been said here,DON'T STAY THERE! I was scared the whole night and it was just horrible!!! The rooms were rundown,the shower wouldn't work properly,there was dirt and garbage all over the place,the rooms were absolutely not safe!!!! I was honestly happy I survived the night!

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank Kath260686
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This place takes the cake. The office is strewn with piles of papers and empty soda and beer bottles -- I even had to register on top of a stack of brochures for lack of open counter space. People were sitting outside on the common balcony smoking and drinking the entire time we were there, at any hour. Beer bottles and old removed carpeting littered the walkway on the first level. Tattered towels and holes in sheets. Neon flashing in the uncovered window. There is no deadbolt on the door, and the chain is ancient. If I hadn't had the security of having my dog with me, I would have taken my kids and fled at 11 p.m. I wouldn't stay here again if it were free. "By the falls" is also very misleading. Oh, and you need to pay ahead...no refunds after registration. That says something in itself!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank sisterbay716
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The place is like out of a horror movie. The carpet smells, the door lock was not properly installed. The bed was held up with stones (bricks). The electricity was very poor. The lamps had no bulbs. The ceiling light was very dim (poor visibility). Ironing board with no iron. The pool does not look functional. Everything about this place was horrible. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank MM01_13
1Biscayne, Manager at Rainbow Motor Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
I am surprised at reviews being placed without any complaints brought to the Inns attention. The Motor Inn offers a full 100% guarantee. If a customer has any problems there is a 24hr. maid and maintenance service. If the customer is still not satisfied then the room will be either changed or cancelled (a 15 max. time period after check in). The Rainbow Motor Inn offers quality and comfort at an affordable price and has the best rates in the Fallsview Area.
Reviewed 28 May 2013

First of all towels were stained no microwave or remote control for 1990 TV no ice maker the pool is the size of my sons pool the black fence shown in the pictures it comes up to under my knee I could just jump over to the pool and its located at the parking lot the managers little room or office was full of papers he couldint even find our key to our room I paid 100 dollars for one night but that didn't pay for my service when I was going to check out the manager wasent there and I called the phone number and he said just leave the key in the room I asked him if he was sure he said yes I told him I didn't to get extra charge but I guess the location was great 2 blocks to the falls

• Stayed May 2013
8 Thank mariaca313
1Biscayne, General Manager at Rainbow Motor Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
The Rainbow Inn has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with accommodations there is a 24 hour maid service and 24 hour maintenance on site. We will take care of any problems or change your room. If a customer is still not satisfied at check in, we will refund the room (a 5 min. max. time period after check in). The pool is standard size and is larger then some of the pools at the chain Hotels. The fence around the pool is standard size as well. I'm not sure why there is even a complaint about this as the Pool is outdoors and was closed for the winter season. Each T.V. has a remote control. If there was one missing it was most likely stolen by a guest and you can request the front desk for another. The rooms do not come with microwaves but one can be requested (a small charge applies). The Rainbow Inn has gone thru renovations in spring 2013.