“Great location, decent place”

The Falls Family Lodge
Ranked #53 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, decent place”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The location could not be better; it's literally right by Clifton hill, there's a mini "alleyway" by the parking lot on the pool side to quickly cut onto Clifton hill (ends up right by sugar mountain). The rooms were clean and were what was expected. Overall we felt safe and happy with the stay. The manager was very lenient with the rules and we went for a late night swim.

Room Tip: We stayed on a room up the stairs
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Arnprior, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2013

It's been a few years since we stayed at the Niagara Family Inn but our experience was pretty good. We had four kids with us so we stayed in the family room with three double beds. Sure the place is older and doesn't have all the amenities the newer hotels have, but we found the clerk to be helpful and didn't have any issues with noise or anything for the three nights we were there. They allowed us to let the kids have pizza by the pool in the evening. The beds and bathroom were clean. TV was crappy and there was no phone but honestly, all we really did was sleep there anyway. It is great for the rates and within walking distance to the falls. I had to choose July 2012 as the date, but we actually stayed the year prior to that.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Poor to no access to manager when unruly guests were in a family fight at 3am.
No phone, Bathroom Not Vented, not able to use wi-fi in room, toilet paper was pretty much see-thru, we were two and there was no room preparations for two people.(1 very thin soap),(towels for one).
For a Motel that appears to be full almost each night(due to price), There is poor money management to upgrade basic comforts. The pool was not clean. When we checked in and asked for a larger room, we were told that the owner gave them to long term guests.(workers from the restaurant). Again Very Poor Money Management going on at this place.HHHHHmmm

Room Tip: do not choose this location
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChristopherS154990
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 January 2012

ABSOLYETLY DISGUSTING!

First when I check in, I couldn't. No one was working at the front desk. I walk into the motel and up and down the hallways and no one to be seen. I went to the attached restaurant and no one in the restuarant knew where the check-in person was, even though they are owned by the same man. Come back a few hours later and the line is forming and he is checking everyone in. He (the owner) tells everyone "you like your room; very clean room". Im sorry, if you need to go out of your way to say that, there is something wrong! Which there was. We go to our room and find pills and burnt foil in one drawer and a condom package on the floor. I report this and ask for a new room and he wouldnt accomodate me. He said "his guy mustn't have cleaned everything".

We come back from a day of sightseeing and find the owner going up and down the halls and making us feel like we were being watched by a prison guard. Not fun!

The following morning, our check out date, I was going to open the door and I find the owner patroling the hallways and he sees me and comes over to my door, says 'do you have a dog?' while trying to open my room door! I put my foot down on the base of the door and held the door. First- there was someone changing in my room, second- thats rude! I said no and that I was packing and going to start to load up my car to leave. I couldnt pack up quick enough and get out of there!

I wouldn't even let my dog stay here!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank redsoxnut555
Toronto
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I've been here before and honestly, you get what you pay for. No it's not a Hilton hotel but at least it's a place to spend the night for cheap and considering the location (right in the heart of Clifton Hill) you can't go wrong. Yes it's a little outdated with the tacky furnitures and curtains but it's clean and cheap and it's no where near close to an experience at a hostel (if you've stayed in one before y'all know what I'm talkin about). So, if you want the luxurious experience with the fancy view of the falls and don't mind spending an arm and a leg there's a Hilton down the street. If not, this place is not too bad. Save the money for shopping! And..... casino? hehe :P

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank meanie984
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2011

There was no window in the room, couldn't even sleep in it...It gave me nightmares!!! Never go here, it was a waste of money and couldn't even get it back!!! The pool was green, it was a shack.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple