“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We went on this Boat tour on July 5th. The was an awesome adventure, with a fun staff. It started with the fun bus driver, who has you get acquainted with everyone. When you get to the boat launch there is forms to fill out and sign, free lockers, and a changing room. You do get wet! (so you can bring a change of clothes) We wore bathing suits, and dried off with a towel, and that was fine. They give you rain poncho and of course the life vest. I do not get motion sickness, but my husband does. He did not on this trip. If you wear glasses, they have you take them off before the rapids come into the boat. They also tell you when the water is coming, so if you wear contacts, you can shut your eyes. My husband is 6'7" and the leg room was a little tight for him, but it was okay.

They take a video, which is on sale after the trip. If you buy the video, (we bought the video) it also comes with the picture they take of your group before you get on.

Totally worth the money, If you plan on going, call the toll free number. The staff let us know which launch site was best for where we were staying, and told us which stop to get off of on the WEGO bus in Canada.

2 Thank TwinJean318

• Korean first
Curwensville, Pennsylvania
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“What A Thrill Ride, Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

It is a 45 - 60 min ride. It is suggested that you pre-buy the tickets. You will get soaked so bring a change of clothes and maybe a towel, they have changing rooms and porta-potties. They supply boat shoes, rain cape and life jackets. The first 3 rows is where you will get the wettest. The first row on the right side is the wettest seat. There is a person who gives you info during the ride and will answer questions. They have Hero Cams running and when the ride is half over they supply a person with a hardhat with a Hero Cam so you can purchase a 5 min video for $30, which also includes photos they take of you so you don't have to purchase those photos separately and save some money. There is a gift shop on site. It is $65 for adults.

1 Thank SpiritsOpinion
Hamilton
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thrilling, Fun - worked out very expensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Took the jet boat on 8 July. Been looking forward to it for ages. The ride itself is fantastic, it's only when we came off the boat and had a look at the video taken and bought it, was I a tad disappointed. You can buy the USB stick for $39 approx plus tax which includes a 4 minute video or you can get individual photos for $24.95 approx. I only wanted the individual photo and an "action shot" as I figured I'd spent enough on the ride itself. Then to be told the printer was down so could only get the USB stick (more $$$ for them)! They should have said to me, we'll give you the USB stick for the same price as it wasn't my fault it was down, but no,, stupid me spends the full amount, $45, for the USB stick!!! They failed to deliver on this.More fool me though, because now that I have looked at the video, our party are on for about 30 seconds of the video with the rest being shots of other excursions of which are of no interest to me and shots of the boats!! All very well done but beware of the marketing upsell at the end of your trip. Felt slightly ripped off at the end of what was an amazing experience as it's a very expensive attraction in the first place.

1 Thank Wikkerwurld
Savoy, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was an awesome experience. They take you out on a 1500 horsepower boat to the Whilpool where there is grade 5 and grade 6 white water rapids. We did the open boat, and we got soaked, despite wearing a fisherman's rain coat and a poncho on top of it. The whole family loved it.

Visited June 2013
Mechanicsville, Maryland
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“The BOMB!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was by most the BEST excursion/sight seeing that I did when on my anniversary trip!!!!! The boat was awesome and the people running the boat were just as awesome!!! We got off the boat completely drenched and it was a blast having the water blowing you RIGHT in your face. If you want the best seats, do the FRONT row!!!! I had a bathing suit on and a cover up--do the same but take off the cover up--no need to get it drenched as well, lol!!

Sam was our spokesperson and she was great! Shawn and Shaw 2(squared) were our captain and captains helper and they rocked the boat!!! John/Anthony drove us to/from and they were VERY informative about the area, as well as the excursion we were about to embark on!

A MUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!