“Would not recommend”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
“Would not recommend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Went for an early dinner because it was beside our hotel. My husband and I got the fish and chips special. My kids orders off kid's menu.
The fish servings were huge, could not finish it! But my kids meals were cheap for a reason. A handful of fries and a sandwich (hot dog and grill cheese) for $2.50, but the worst was my youngest got a PB&J... and did not get fries with it! We paid $2.50 for something we could make for less then a buck, and better at home. They also refilled out soda without asking me and charged for 2 drinks because of it, and even kid drinks are more then the meal. Cost us over $50 for a small meal.
Also, everyone of my family had to have a #2 within hours after eating there, what I found odd seeing as the youngest two had sandwiches and fries. Questioned the cleanliness of the kitchen.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Tracey V

Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Value with good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

This is adjoining the Super 8, so it was convenient. We had a delicious reasonably priced breakfast. It was hard to judge the service because we were the only patrons because we got there prior to 8:00 a.m. and our server was friendly and prompt.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Photoshoot49
Austin, Texas
“this place is bad....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed at the super 8 north of the falls right next door and so we tried this place. The super 8 person said it was good less expensive food. That was not true at all. This place is very expensive for the food that you get. We spent about $12 per person for things like sandwiches and fries and the food was not good. On top of the below average but very pricey food, the service was absolutely terrible. There is only one person serving and doing the register and all that with one person cooking. It took forever for very basic food. One specific item, we ordered garlic bread and got four tiny little pieces for about $10. It seriously looked like they took one normal piece and cut it into four pieces.
One comparison that I almost could not believe. The next day, we went to the casino there by the falls and Skylon tower. In that casino complex was a nice restaurant by the name of the Famous. We spent less per person for much better food and a much nicer restaurant in a much nicer building.
Seriously, no matter how tired you are when you get to the Super 8, don't waste your time or money on this Rivers edge place.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ben l
Wilmington, Delaware
“Food was poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

The food was less than average, barely edible IMHO. There were a few things on the buffet that sustained me, but for the most part, didn't look appetizing. The variety was very limited also. Not worth it. So many better options in Niagara Falls.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank peppermintpattey
Bowie, Maryland
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

We were staying at the Super 8 North of the Falls which is right next door. We were only there one day so we choose to have lunch at River's Edge; we both had fish and chips and a beer. The meal was very good, actually, not enough food, I wanted more. I thought it was a little pricey for the simple reason that it’s just a "cafe" type of restaurant; there was one waitress who served us and also rang us up. There was only one other person in the place. It is not fancy at all, shorts and flip-flops type of place. I didn't think the place would be so high, but the food was good. I can't remember how much it was since it has been a few weeks before I was allowed to post this review, since it’s new to this site. It's convenient to the hotel and served its purpose for us. If you really want to know how much we spent, email me and I will dig up the receipt.

1 Thank boo2U