“If you are looking for a peaceful, relaxing...”
other travellers have booked this property
enjoy the Hoblet, the animals and all of Natures Energy here in the country in Niagara Falls, Canada
600 sq ft. self catering cottage. Viewing the forest, private patio and yard and the animals more outside views, passing the 'circle of elements' fire pit and barbeque area, all private
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Hoblet's porch, totally private, and your own forest
'Froglet' pond', kids love counting the frogs, and seeing the fish. Meet Olly & Molly (the ducks)
Circle of Elements Fire Pit (wood included and fire prepared for you)
walkway from the hoblet, over the bridge to parking, pasture and more gardens
hammock, garden swings, firepit ....even the marshmallows are supplied!
private parking, equine pasture in the background, private walk and yard to hoblet
pasture and equines can be seen from the parking and 'circle of elements' fire pit
enjoy a meet and greet with the animals from our little rescue sanctuary
browsing  the web takes on a whole new meaning at the hoblet. (wifi is available, conditions apply)
winter wonderland, Christmas 2012
winter is beautiful too, you can arrange time with the equines
I don't know which season I like better
December 30, 2012   Happy New Year to All, Peace on Earth, Good Will toward Man & All Living Creatur
the 'circle of elements', we have had weddings and vow renewals here too
our guests have told us the hoblet & space is magical!  it all begins here...
....here's Monty, part of the welcoming committee!
entertainment centre, hundreds of movies, games, books. Try being unplugged and enjoy natures energy
dinning table (for 4)
gas fireplace (skylight over sitting area and kitchen)
open concept living room area, gas fireplace in corner
third skylight over dinning area. Private views out and around forest
4 burner stove top (no oven), microwave. Small apartment fridge
2 seater, far infrared sauna in bathroom
shower, sink, vanity and sauna. Towels, hairdryer, soap, shampoo all provided
Queensize bed. (maximum occupancy is 4 people). Single rollaway would fit in bedroom. (NO PULLOUTS)
Full queen size bed in separate bedroom. Cot (single rollaway) available upon request. Max 4 people
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
virgogirl...
Morrisburg, Canada
“If you are looking for a peaceful, relaxing getaway - this is it!”
Reviewed 9 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My sister and I have booked our yearly getaway at The Hoblet for the last four years and will continue to do so for years to come. The cabin is clean, cozy and inviting and is equipped with everything you need. Its' peaceful setting amongst the trees makes you feel in touch with nature and is the perfect spot to unwind,yet is only minutes to Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake. The animals that that call The Hoblet 'home' add to its' serenity. I cannot say enough about the owners. They are amongst the nicest people I have ever met and are more than accommodating to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. The only reason I give it 5-star rating is because 10 stars is not an option!

9 Nov 2017
Ladies!! We SO appreciate your patronage through the years. THANK YOU. What is so special is your affection for the piggies, Shpeck and Sheldon, sometimes the goats and of course the donkeys take centre stage....thank you for affection, I to think they are great, as are you.
Looking forward to seeing you next year.
bschoberg
Plymouth, Indiana
“Perfectly located peaceful retreat”
Reviewed 29 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

There are so many things that make staying at The Hoblet wonderful...first the location - a short drive to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake. Second, there's the property that The Hoblet sits on. Peaceful, quaint, beautiful, and fun! The animals really make the stay enjoyable. We just loved hearing the goats greet us as we came and went and the donkeys were adorable. Third, the hosts. They were great! Petra is very knowledgable of the area attractions and soo helpful but also very mindful of giving us our privacy. The house itself is comfortable with a dry air sauna in the bathroom! I recommend sitting outside on the swing with your coffee in the morning. It gave me a sense of peace and was a great way to start the day!

Your age range 35-49
10 Oct 2017
Thanks so much. We really enjoyed meeting you both
Jolie M
“Soul Restoring”
Reviewed 31 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

I was in pretty desperate need to get out of Toronto and the chaos, and could tell my son who is home from University needed same. Booked last minute a stay at Petra's place and so glad I did. It is a magical little place, and the second you enter the gate you immediately know you picked a cool little escape. Fell in love with the goats, Monty and George who are incredibly affectionate, and very much enjoyed the little cabin. My son now wants an infrared sauna. He was feeling a bit under the weather and found immediate benefit. Spent a day in Niagara On The Lake, and also at the recommendation of Petra went to Centennial Beach. Beautiful beach that I would never have thought to go to. We also enjoyed the fire one evening, and just walking the country roads. I have told many people about this little gem, so you better book in advance.

Ryan P
Frisco, NC
“A magical cottage refuge that serves as a home base for Niagara area adventures”
Reviewed 25 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

The Hoblet is everything you read in these reviews. It did not disappoint. Petra, your host, weaves magic throughout the Hoblet. Look closely and you will see that you are in a living fairy garden. The animals charm children and adults alike. Brushing them and treating them became my kids' joyful morning activity. With Petra's tips & tricks, we were able to experience the Falls and the Niagara area in a special way. We would not have chosen what turned out to be our top three favorite adventures without her guidance.

I came to Canada wielding an Adventure Pass (Classic + Butterfly Conservatory Upgrade) and a mission to give my kids a face-paced international experience. That plan melted into late mornings (People say they sleep better at the Hoblet - We did!) and choosing to embrace the moment instead of rushing our favorite adventures. Everything fell into place and this became a vacation to remember.

Petra and Mush set the stage for a beautiful, memorable getaway. My son said, "We should come here more often." We plan to do just that.

8 Jul 2017
Thanks so much for taking the time to write. We truly enjoyed having you all. The donkeys miss their morning brushing from the kids! Glad you got to see so many things....folks think it is just the falls here, but there really is so much more (sorry that sounds like a commercial, lol). A lot of folks miss the Butterfly Conservatory which I think is a special spot.
Again our appreciation for enjoying the Hoblet and our "space" here - wait till you experience autumn in Niagara. Looking forward to seeing you again. We'll have the pumpkins ready!.
Sincerely
Petra, Mush and the donkeys (goats, and piggies too)
laura b
Madisonville, Tennessee
“A place to chill and renew your energy”
Reviewed 4 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

This little cottage is just the place to rest and unplug for a few days. Get some carrots and apples and chat with Monty and George (the goats) or the pot-bellied pigs. The donkeys and mule are a little more reserved, but they will come for a snack. Petra and Mush - the owners (humans) are the best. Petra met us when we got there, introduced us to everyone, and showed us everything we needed to know about the cottage and surrounding grounds. She had a lot of good advice about restaurants and things to do in the area that weren't tourist traps. And she gave good advice about the falls area too. We never drove more than 30 minutes away from the Hoblet exept when we went to the African Safari. It's just in a really good central location to visit different areas. We really liked Niagara-On-The-Lake and the little of town of Ridgeway. Port Colburne is really neat also. A really good place to stay, out of the fray with great hosts.

5 Jun 2017
So glad you got out and enjoyed the peninsula. Loved your energy. Hope to see you again (you would love the Autumn colours here).
Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

4 Jun 2017
We were honoured that you chose the "hoblet" for your honeymoon, thanks so much, we hope you made wonderful memories here and in Niagara. All the best in life!
Earl C
“The Perfect Mystery Weekend Getaway for My Animal Loving Fiance.”
Reviewed 14 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

I planned this weekend getaway back in Jan. Booking was super easy and Petra was very quick to respond to all my questions via email or text. I knew what would be at the Hoblet and what we need to pack before the date of our stay. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Petra at the entrance to the Hoblet. She took us through the cabin and explained all the ins and outs of every feature of the cabin... including how to run the sauna. The sauna was an added bonus that I guess I had over looked when I booked. Very NICE!

Then came the introductions to the Animals. George, & Monty the goats really have a great personalities and greet you every time you pass by them.
Sheldon & Specky the pot bellied pigs made me laugh as the snored as they slept in the afternoons. Such smart animals. And you can't forget the donkeys.... they are so cute each with their our personalities. I highly recommend that if you book this great spot that you bring some apples, pears or carrots to treat the animals with. They definable love the fresh fruit treats.

The small kitchen and BBQ's on site make it easy to to plan to eat some meals at the cabin and others in any of the near by restaurants in Welland, or Niagara Falls.

Petra & Mush are super friendly and are very gracious host. Gracious of your privacy and of your choice to stay with them. They are both very knowledgeable of the attractions in the area and made great recommendations.

We will defiantly book the Hoblet again:)

Your age range 35-49
15 May 2017
We really enjoyed having you! Love the photos of you and George, thanks for sharing. It means a lot to us when guests enjoy the critters so much.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing