“Rip Off!”

Ranked #48 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Sacramento, California
“Rip Off!”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel is took my money! I made a mistake and booked a room at this hotel because I wanted to visit Niagara Falls while on a trip around the US. Since I didn't plan to leave the US my family didn't have a passport. I didnt realize the hotel was on the Ontario side instead of US. When I contacted them once I realized my mistake, they told me that they would not be able to refund my money and to contact the Corporate Office. I did that and they told me it was up to the hotel. The hotel refused to give us our money back therefore we lost $180 and had to book at a different place. Basically, this hotel stole money from my family! I will never stay there or any Best Western ever again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Jbd00
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
I'm disappointed in hearing you were unable to stay with us during your trip around the US. We believe in flexibility and therefore offer our guests a variety of rate plans that provide cancellation policies to meet every guests needs.

We continue to work hard in satisfying all guests even in times when for unforeseen reasons arise. I'm unsure of your rate plan circumstances but do assure you that we reviewed your reservation in seeing if your room could be cancelled or refunded.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The rooms are large, clean and open up to a patio on the ground floor. It is close to the casino and shopping; and a short walk from the falls. The staff are on the ball and the area is safe. It is not 5 star, but it is cool with me, and I could stay at the most expensive. They have a small mini mart for snacks. Breakfast is a little pricey. Across the street is the IMAX show you have to see about the Falls, its history and dare devil displays....cool gig for kids and even us seniors.....go to Rossie Glass with your kids and watch them blow it on location. Attractions should be Under the Falls, Maid in the Mist, Butterfly Garden and a ride down into the farming area north of the falls....several great orchards and places for lunch and bakery goodies, etc.....oh yes do the helicoper ride and the lunch or dinner in the sphere.....DO NOT FORGET the PASS PORT..

Room Tip: I like the ground floor on the inside.......toward office area and mini mart...quiet....
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for comments in regards to your recent stay. I'm thrilled to hear of your exceptional experience with the hotel and all Niagara's great attractions. We love our central location and are proud to say we have some of Niagara's largest guest rooms. Cleanliness is a priority so I've made your thoughts and positive feedback known to our housekeeping team.
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have spent one night here, expecting Best Western standards.
But i was disappointed, because the room didn't look clean at all,the view of almost all rooms was on the parking place (good thing is that you can control you car all night long...).
On our floor there was such a mess during the night, drunk people were just standing and talking in the corridor.
I would recommend to stay here only if you find a special rate on the net and if you want to stay in a good position on the canadian side of the Niagara Falls, without caring too much about the room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank stefmh
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We specifically booked in this hotel because it seemed to be the only hotel on the Ontario side which welcomed pets. We have never stayed in a 'PetsCanStay' hotel and didn't quite know what to expect. The room was extremely clean and spacious. We loved the balcony but it was a little cool to take advantage of it. There was no view to speak of, but we were there because of our pet. The staff were extremely friendly and obviously enjoyed the four legged guests. The hotel was certainly not anal about pet rules. We will stay again when in Niagara.
We did not take the opportunity to visit the on-site kennels and we did not eat in the restaurant so cannot comment.
The doggie welcome bag was very thoughtful. Thank you

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel in June 2011 and had a positive experience so decided to return. My opinion has changed a bit. The hotel is fine is you get it for the *right rate*. Coming back, I can see if someone was paying a high rate why they may be upset. Both visits I had got a lower rate, if I had not I would have paid the extra money to stay at the Hilton.

Honestly the location of the Best Western Fallsview is perfect. The Fallsview Casino is across the street, many restaurants, Tm Hortons, LCBO(down the road) and the falls are a few min. walk. I really enjoy the location and the rate I got, I would not pay on the higher scale though. If you are looking for a great location and can get a room for the right price I would say go for it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 19 January 2012

So many hotels near Niagara Falls (Canada) and yet.......a real Falls view costs hundreds of dollars. This hotel has rooms with a view of what would be the Falls, if not for the other hotels in the way. Still, it was great. The room was extra clean, extra large, with extra comfy beds. It had what Hawaiians would call a Lanai (porch) that lets you go go out to smoke, enjoy the view you do have of other hotels and America. From our room, we could see the Niagara river above the Falls, and the Indian casino across the border. The staff was extra friendly and knowledgeable. No free breakfast, but.......It's close. It's just a short walk to the Falls. It's across from Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville" and next to the big Casino. It's $150-$250 U.S. Dollars cheaper than those real Fallsview rooms at the other hotels. We chose to drop our dollars at Margaritaville, instead of the casino. For us, a sure win. It was expensive, but they do make a real killer Margarita. (We're from Texas. We know!) After a long drive to this destination, the comfort of the beds and the room more than compensated with not being able to stare at the falls at 3 AM. We were able to walk to the falls that night (recommended) to see it in the colorful lights and then again the next morning, to do the walk behind the Falls thing. The $12 dollars (not 20 to 30 at other hotels) parking allowed us to have a safe place to keep the car until after we left for out next destination (New York). The front desk said it was OK to park beyond the 11:00 am checkout time, if we were going down to the Falls before leaving Canada. Always stay on the Canadian side when at Niagara Falls, and if you are not on your honeymoon or a millionaire, this is a real fine place to bed down and do your touristy thing. Of the six hotels/motels on our Texas to Chicago, to Niagara Falls to Mammoth Cave trip back to Texas, this ranked No. 2. (would have gotten five balls rating if it had free breakfast or a real Falls view, but all other aspects mean, you must consider this place. I would stay here again)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor available, centered so you can see what you can see.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HeyJim1
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2012

By far the most disgusting place I've ever been too including camping out. Well I might have been better off camping out cuz the bedding, (dirt) floor, washrooms...don't take your boots off!

Room Tip: don't choose this place
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple