“Average Hotel-Not Hospitable”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My experience at the Best Western Fallsview was mediocre at best, My stay started with a frustrating arrival. The property has a very long, corded off front desk to facilitate crowds. However, there were no crowds. Rather, two front desk attendants standing at the desk that simply starred at their computer screens and ignored clients. I literally had to ask "Are you open?" because no one would acknowledge me. When I did get someones attention, I got Amanda K., who continued to look at her computer screen while I stood at the desk. Rooms were not ready yet and the agent projected the attitude that she could have cared less. She game me a scripted answer with no care at all for the customer.

I also got the same agent upon departure. Again, no customer acumen and no acknowledgement. I wanted to check some bags, It appeared to be a bother. All she wanted to know is if I checked out. Again, no care for the customer and no thank you whatsoever.

It is my impression that the front desk has not been trained at all and has no care for the consumer.

Further to the experience, the rooms are very large. They are clean, but I did find a female hair follicle in my towel (I am not female). The hotel is also a "party location" for people on the weekend. Two floors down, I passed a room full of party goers. There have had to been at least 25 people in the room and people were going to the room with bottles. Again, I saw this with my own eyes.

My final opinion is that the parking fees at the property are ridiculous.You pay $20 to park in zone A, $15 to park in zone B and $10 to park in zone C, although C is never offered to you. Across the street at the Holiday Inn, parking is free for guests. Across the street from that, parking is $10 or free at the Fallsview Casino with a casino card and either restaurant validation or casino play. So, $20-$15 is now completely uncompetitive.

My experiences at the property indicate to me that I am not valued as a customer or a potential customer in the future. Therefore, I will not be coming back and I cannot suggest the property to anyone that would ever stay in Niagara Falls, ON. The customer experience is too aggravating to warrant a second visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cyberworld Toronto

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel was good for the price - comfy beds, clean, and staff was efficient and helpful. Certainly not a five star, but you get what you pay for. I would stay here again, for the location alone. Perfect spot to check out all of the sights and attractions. The only downside was the restaurant for breakfast. Sure $8.99 is a good price for buffet, but it was a pretty scarce buffet and this price didn't include any beverages. They charge 3.50 for a stale cup of coffee or juice!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I found that the room I was in was very noisy from the hall traffic. I was on the ground floor and I could not open the door for fresh air. The fan in the bathroom didn`t even work. It wasn`t even told about the indoor pool until I was ready to leave. I saw in the ad that there was a pool. The outdoor one was closed for the season, so I figured that was it. Also most nice hotels have a free breakfast

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was a great pet friendly hotel. Not having to board your pet makes your trip much more affordable. They give you welcome bag for your pet, and have a sign when you come in welcoming your pet. It makes you feel welcome instead of the usual attitude of, We will put up with your pet. The rooms were clean, there is a nice casino resort about two blocks of a walk which worked out perfect since we got in late and wanted a good late night dining option. Tim hortons right behind it which was an easy breakfast before we started our day. Very short walk down to the falls themselves.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I (and our 16 month old toddler) stayed here for a night using a groupon we purchased and for the price we paid it wasn't a bad place to use as our base. The rooms were spacious, but additional costs can add up. If you are travelling with a todler, they wil tell you that cribs cost extra, and parking in the front will cost more than in the back ($20 vs $15). We also found their upgrade costs were inconsistent, for instance though they stated that there was a charge for a crib when we called and asked at the desk, there was signage stating that cribs were complimentary. Also, we paid to upgrade to the room with 2 queen beds, but we still got a room with two double beds.

All in all though this hotel is easy to get to, close to the major attractions and is clean and safe.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel room was freezing cold when we entered. There was also no soap in the bathroom. The overall quality of the hotel room was just mediocre; nothing stood out or was overly exceptional. At first our room was not ready and we were told to come back in half an hour, with no other accommodations or discount options for us. They knew we were coming from out of town and did not make us feel very welcome. Then came the parking issue and us having to pay another 20$ plus tax and a 60$ security deposit hold and not having any indication prior to booking that this was mandatory. Upon checkout, the parking ticket said we had to leave the parking lot by 11am even though check-in was not until 4pm. We had to find the valet guy and get permission to leave our vehicles so the group could go sight seeing a bit more and get some breakfast. The overall experience was not very welcoming and a lot of details were missed prior to booking. In the future, I will not be staying at this particular Best Western again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Decided to have a little getaway with the wife last weekend and stayed at Best Western Fallsview. The rooms were very large, clean and comfortable Great value for its location, everything we needed was in walking distance. They have very friendly and helpfull staff, with wonderful service. We called to the desk for extra towels and they bought them up right away. If your looking for a great place to stay very affordable this Hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple