“Dated and unclean room”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #43 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a package deal. Checked in at the desk was no problem but when we got to our room there were no keys in the envelope the desk attendant gave us. We had to walk back to the desk to get out keys. (no biggie) Once in our room we found it clean but a pill had been lefton the floor next to the bed and a leaf was under the table. Housekeeping came and cleaned it up. Parking was $15.00. Staff were very friendly. Part of our hotel was dated but clean. elavator smelled of hydraulic fluid but worked just fine.
Over all an ok stay but will try other hotels on the strip next time.

2  Thank ian q
Write a ReviewReviews (2,416)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a package deal. This is our third time doing a package deal in Niagara Falls in a different hotel each time. We had positive experiences the other two times, but definitely will not be returning to the Best Western. The negatives: The check-in isn't until 4:00 (which is later than many hotels). When I called to book, we were told there was no charge for cribs and that there would be one in the room. When we arrived, we were told that there would be a $10 fee for a crib and it would be sent to our room. When we arrived back from dinner, at 9:00pm there was still no crib in the room. We had to call the front desk to ask for one. We got no apology. When the crib arrived, it was unsafe for our 4 month-old. The sheet was too small for the mattress so, it pulled up the mattress at either end, leaving a gap at the ends of the crib. We had to take a sheet off one of the beds and wrap it around the mattress. This meant we had no sheet on our bed since our daughter was in the other bed. We were located in the farther building. This meant to use the pool we had to go up an elevator across a bridge, down an elevator, in front of the restaurant and by the lobby in our towels and swimsuits. The room was not very big and the bathroom was very small. Everything was outdated. We did not find the front desk to be friendly or welcoming at any time. Finally, although maybe not the fault of a hotel, we had our car parked in the B lot and went out to find a rock thrown? on the hood of the car. This caused a dent and paint chips. Quite frustrating when we had paid $15 to park there. The positives: The room seemed mostly clean - some dust. The location is a short walk to the Falls, Casino, and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sanddollarCanada
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Niagara Falls, Canadian side. Have heard about it for years. While researching online, saw an ad for this hotel, selected the 'city view' option and booked for one night. Arrived to a lengthy check-in line, and when I arrived at the desk, was told that I had been upgraded to a larger room at no extra cost. Upon arrival at the room, the view that I had initially selected was not from this room but on the other side of the hotel. Then, the room had no soap or other toiletries and I found the most helpful maid who provided same. When I checked out, the hidden fees became abundantly apparent and I inquired about that. I was told, "you forgot about the tax". Upon looking at my bank account online, the amount charged was more than twice what I had been quoted when I booked online. Twice the amount?! Hidden fees? Something is certainly amiss. And the lack of customer service was appalling. That's it for me at a Best Western.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be much the same. Views are practically non-existent and a 'city view' is not...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MicrophoneMadam
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The best Western Fallsview is an average hotel, nothing more, nothing less. We were a bit put out when we had reservations for two nights and had to change rooms for the second night. An unneeded hassle.

The rates were cheap enough, through a package deal, but I doubt we would pay their asking price. Staff was friendly enough, but just a bit overwhelmed on a Saturday night, management definitely needs to allocate their front desk Resouces better.

The location is convenient enough, but "fallsview" only references the street on which it is located. I doubt their is a single place in the hotel from which you can see either falls.

The two rooms we occupied seemed clean enough. The beds did not contain blankets, only sheets and a very heavy spread that liked to slip off the foot end while we slept. Heat in the bathroom was nice, but we could not get the heat in the main room above about 68 F, and the outside temps were not nearly as bad as they get.

One of the things the hotel neglects to inform when the reservation is made is that parking is an additional $20/night, even for guests spending multiple nights. Seems a bit nickel and dimming to me, but then that seems to be the norm in Niagara Falls.

1  Thank Pgh_Travelers15004
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My experience at the Best Western Fallsview was mediocre at best, My stay started with a frustrating arrival. The property has a very long, corded off front desk to facilitate crowds. However, there were no crowds. Rather, two front desk attendants standing at the desk that simply starred at their computer screens and ignored clients. I literally had to ask "Are you open?" because no one would acknowledge me. When I did get someones attention, I got Amanda K., who continued to look at her computer screen while I stood at the desk. Rooms were not ready yet and the agent projected the attitude that she could have cared less. She game me a scripted answer with no care at all for the customer.

I also got the same agent upon departure. Again, no customer acumen and no acknowledgement. I wanted to check some bags, It appeared to be a bother. All she wanted to know is if I checked out. Again, no care for the customer and no thank you whatsoever.

It is my impression that the front desk has not been trained at all and has no care for the consumer.

Further to the experience, the rooms are very large. They are clean, but I did find a female hair follicle in my towel (I am not female). The hotel is also a "party location" for people on the weekend. Two floors down, I passed a room full of party goers. There have had to been at least 25 people in the room and people were going to the room with bottles. Again, I saw this with my own eyes.

My final opinion is that the parking fees at the property are ridiculous.You pay $20 to park in zone A, $15 to park in zone B and $10 to park in zone C, although C is never offered to you. Across the street at the Holiday Inn, parking is free for guests. Across the street from that, parking is $10 or free at the Fallsview Casino with a casino card and either restaurant validation or casino play. So, $20-$15 is now completely uncompetitive.

My experiences at the property indicate to me that I am not valued as a customer or a potential customer in the future. Therefore, I will not be coming back and I cannot suggest the property to anyone that would ever stay in Niagara Falls, ON. The customer experience is too aggravating to warrant a second visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cyberworld Toronto
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel was good for the price - comfy beds, clean, and staff was efficient and helpful. Certainly not a five star, but you get what you pay for. I would stay here again, for the location alone. Perfect spot to check out all of the sights and attractions. The only downside was the restaurant for breakfast. Sure $8.99 is a good price for buffet, but it was a pretty scarce buffet and this price didn't include any beverages. They charge 3.50 for a stale cup of coffee or juice!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I found that the room I was in was very noisy from the hall traffic. I was on the ground floor and I could not open the door for fresh air. The fan in the bathroom didn`t even work. It wasn`t even told about the indoor pool until I was ready to leave. I saw in the ad that there was a pool. The outdoor one was closed for the season, so I figured that was it. Also most nice hotels have a free breakfast

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends